White Album 2 translation.

I think it's strange that nobody said anything about this despite project going along for some time now. So for anyone who doesn't know team Baka-Tsuki has been translating VN White Album 2 for nearly a year now and they are near the end of Introductory Chapter 10760/10769 (99.91%) and Overall 10760/70253 (15.31%). Here is their official page for anyone wanting to follow their work and for status go to Daily status under a Files. Apparently this is one of top 10 ranked VNs on VNTLS and after watching an anime that is based on VN covering Introductory Chapter I am not surprised about it. Also interesting thing to know might be that they plan to release 2 separate versions one that is 18+ and one that is 17+ (without H-scenes).

PS: I am not involved with this project just spreading a news.

White_Album_24.jpg

Aren't they two separate games? I feel like I may have missed something.

Firstly they were but later it come out edition with both of them as one VN and that one is the one that is being translated.

True they said that they will release patrial patch for Introductory Chapter when they finish it.

The first bit has pretty decent translation, but towards the middle parts there are some pretty low quality translations, in the sense that not only is the full meaning not conveyed properly but the English even reads awkwardly and contains obvious grammar mistakes. :(

I really want to go through it and fix it up but can't find the time to do so. It seems like a high quality release of even IC is still going to be very far away.

The first bit has pretty decent translation, but towards the middle parts there are some pretty low quality translations, in the sense that not only is the full meaning not conveyed properly but the English even reads awkwardly and contains obvious grammar mistakes. :(

I really want to go through it and fix it up but can't find the time to do so. It seems like a high quality release of even IC is still going to be very far away.

I see that you're an active member on the project. Thank you for your work on it so far! I really enjoyed the anime so it's nice that I can read part of the VN too.

Thank you very much.

Thanks for letting us know, what happened near the middle parts?

I think there was a change in translators. I hadn't paid too much attention to what was happening (heck I had left the project for dead and was surprised it was at 99% done for IC a few weeks ago...) but based on what I've heard the middle-later parts aren't translated too well.

It's probably true the translators spent quite a lot of time and effort on it so kudos to them, but doesn't change that bad quality is bad.

I think there was a change in translators. I hadn't paid too much attention to what was happening (heck I had left the project for dead and was surprised it was at 99% done for IC a few weeks ago...) but based on what I've heard the middle-later parts aren't translated too well.

It's probably true the translators spent quite a lot of time and effort on it so kudos to them, but doesn't change that bad quality is bad.

Fair enough, I guess we'll know as people read through it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess this is somewhat accurate. Actually, there were several different translators who contributed to various parts of it, which can be a bit jarring. It's a wiki project and anyone can go in and contribute translations with minimal supervision. Some I suspect of using massaged machine translations. Or if not, they're just very bad. Additionally, they haven't really started editing the script yet. Not a single portion of the introductory chapter has been fully edited, so you see a lot of basic mistakes. In reality, this is not a complete patch. It's VERY rough.