What are the worst/most disappointing Video Games you have played?

FruitsPunchSamurai

We all know that there are games that are masterpieces out there, and ones that are very hyped up and are nothing but a disappointment and just plain bad. Which ones are the worst you have played? One that comes to mind is Sonic the Hedgehog for the 360. Glitchy, bad gameplay, disappointing graphics and story made this game unplayable and could've been better if they gave it more time. Also Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1&2. Overall this game wasn't terrible, but the gameplay, story, and overall mechanics were just so damn boring, one would rather play God of War or Devil may Cry.

The first Assassains Creed was rather disappointing when it first came out. I had a lot of hype for that game and it just didn't meet my expectations. The rest of the series was pretty good though.

I was also really disappointed in Diablo 3. I loved Diablo 2 but when Diablo 3 came out it just didn't have the same feeling and it felt like a generic game. It was also another game that had a lot of hype around it too.

Dragon Age 2 was another one that was pretty bad. I can appreciate that it was trying something new but it kind of failed in its attempt. I hope the next Dragon Age is good.

Every Dragon Ball Z game after Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Sorry but i haven't gained the same entertainment from any other DBZ game. Sure other games might have improved graphics and whatnot but I think Tenkaichi 3 had the best mechanics, gameplay and was just an overall good representation of the series, everything after that just feels like they're dragging it on and improving the graphics to be prettier but they really add no value in my opinion.

Disappointing games....well for starters, ones that I paid full price for when they obviously were not worth it:  Darksiders 2, F.E.A.R. 3, and Dead Space 3.  I love the darksiders franchise incredibly, but the sequel was NOT worth $60.  F.E.A.R. 3 was a pitiful successor to the original 2 which are some of my favorite games of all time.  There was no horror aspect like in it's predecessors and the gunplay was less than exciting with only two weapons this time.  Even controlling Paxton Fettel was boring to me.  And Dead Space 3.....I just didn't value it at full triple A price, should have waited.

Now for games that in general disappoint me, immediately Call of Duty:  Ghosts for it's piss-poor textures and terrible optimization on PC.  Deus Ex:  The Fall, "the fall" indeed, damn iOS port to PC nearly made me cry at how they butchered one of my favorite franchises.  Bioshock Infinite, the ONLY things it had going for it was it's incredible story and WONDERFUL voice acting, the gunplay and vigor....play, not so good compared to the first two.

I try not to play bad games. I usually don't jump randomnly into something random. I don't want to waste time or money.

My biggest disappointement was Skyrim.

Simply because it was not a game for me. I understand that many people may have loved it and it surely deserves it's rating.

But I personnaly didn't like the game mechanics, the spells weren't really impressive, I couldn't play with max settings (Well that my fault for playing on a laptop) and it was slooooow.

So spending 70 euros in a game that I played for about 15 hours ... meh, it sucks.

There are many bad games out there but if I have to choose one that is absolute worst ever that would be The Void, story is beyond anything that could anyone understand, gameplay is no far from it after like 4,5 hours of playing it I couldn't get the point of game at all. I doubt there is anything worse than this.

Dead Island: a huge drag, TERRIBLE voice acting, underpowered guns, bad graphics, unappealing open world, nearly nonexistent story, repetitive gameplay... Quit around Act III, surprised I even endured it that far. It's simply horrible. (There was a quest where you carry a damn teddy bear through the whole resort without a trace of humor, one place where an ugly woman was just rocking and mumbling "blood...blood everywhere..." nonstop with intolerable voice acting...)

I do admit that the zombie lady tied to a bed with a video camera nearby was funny a little bit, but that's all good about this game.

I LOVED Bioshock Infinite, but I waited something as good as the first one- I was more than satisfied with that overall and in the story department(constants and variables... sea of doors... all the twist...) but the gameplay department was a letdown: only around 5 handymen in the whole game, 2-gun limit, no visible gun upgrades...

Seriously, just watch the E3 2011 gameplay: Telekinesis, random collisions, no salt system(you use vigors bottle by bottle which would be awe-inducing), Far more powerful Elizabeth etc. and well, then Bioshock Infinite could have become GOTY(which it already is for me.)

I bought Dead Space 3 for around 20 bucks and then I went in expecting an action game, which I got. Therefore I am not exactly disappointed.

Jax and Daxter: The Lost Frontier was very disappointing. I'm a big fan of the series, and it's sad naughty dog didn't continue with the series. It's not a terrible game, but it certainly isn't nearly as good as its predecessors. I expected much more than this game ended up being.

worst game i ever played. Crysis 2 probably

after the masterpiece of a prequel the way they destroyed the sequel makes me cringe even to this day D:

needless to say i never got around finishing it (maybe played around 50% or so) the story and gameplay was not even half as interesting as the prequel

Paper Mario Sticker Star.

As someone who played the hell out of the original and Thousand Year Door back in the day, I could not be more disappointed. I wanted it to be decent, but in the back of my head I always knew it would probably suck. Boring, monotonous, lifeless, had no charm of the earlier games. I hate it.

Also yeah, Final Fantasy XIII. Couldn't make it past the first few hours before I wanted to tear my hair out.

Borderlands 1. While some may disagree, I found it to be a mechanical mess. The story was weak and all over the place, the world was dreadfully dull despite its size and "unique" design, and it was mostly a chore to explore. The only pleasure to be found was trying out various gun types and, well, blasting things. Sadly, something about the game makes even that, one of the most fundamental appeal of shooters, to become tiring as opposed to being of satisfying nature... somehow.

Before anyone should feel inclined to say anything, I'm talking about the PC version. The netcode was trash and altogether a terrible experience. I played the XBOX version with a pal and it was slightly better.

Brink was a huge let down. Also, Bulletstorm, GOW 2, MW 2... But mainly Brink. Jesuse. I paid $60 for that crap. Biggest mistake of my life. Ever. It haunts me to this day.

To me, MW1 was the strongest title in the franchise at its peak. While MW2 wasn't much worse, it was the infamous mark of death for the COD titles to come. For me, MW3 was definitely the most disappointing COD title indefinitely.

I'd also like an honorary mention on behalf of the Black Rock Shooter game. While the plot and concept for the video game is arguably superior to that of the anime adaption, the game was way too short and the gameplay couldn't keep up with delivering enough interesting gameplay mechanics for the player, as well as a few notable "irksome" demands the game asks of the player in a few missions. To its credit, the game was only 20 bucks, but so were a few other games, like Final Fantasy Dissidia.