About Steins;Gate

Freestyle80

JAST released it recently,right? wanted to ask whats the actual difference between this one and the one we already had? they just made it official or sth?

Previous one was a fan translation. This one is official and legit. The translation is supposedly better, and there are a few more bonus.

isnt the limited edition coming out at the end of this month? u pre-ordered or sth?

Previous one was a fan translation. This one is official and legit. The translation is supposedly better, and there are a few more bonus.

i see,so now i guess i can actually buy this to show support for the Steins:gates' company ;d,thanks for the info 

isnt the limited edition coming out at the end of this month? u pre-ordered or sth?

It was the standard edition that was coming out at the end of the month I think. I pre-ordered like a month and a half ago or something like that. I think it'll be here within a day or two but I just wanted to see if anyone has gotten their copy yet.

EDIT:

Limited Edition should have their digital copy now. They are shipping boxes and stuff on 30th April.

I got an email from them saying this.

Greetings,

We thought you would like to know about the status of your order.

The items in your order that are from our San Diego warehouse are scheduled for shipping at within 24 hours.

I heard J-list had them in their warehouse, I wasn't able to find out if they were actually planning to ship them now or wait till the 30th.

EDIT: Seems that they will now ship limited editions now, its the standard editions that are now end of the month.

Interesting.

JAST released it recently,right? wanted to ask whats the actual difference between this one and the one we already had? they just made it official or sth?

better translation

new font (though I liked the old one)

bugs fixed

broken sections and missing achievements fixed

fixed crashes at certain points (haven't tested that myself)

fixed glitches where cellphone didn't work at critical flag points (again haven't tested that)

​I've received my limited edition, but as I was playing the game, 

in the cut scene where he accidentally sends the first d-mail

the rest of the cut scene doesn't show immediately after he presses the button, and I've waited, but every time I play it, it freezes there with a black screen and I can't access the Menu, and end up exiting the game. I've played several saves, and have repaired it twice but I can't progress. Any solutions?

Mmm, i liked the fan translation... the only think it lacked were the completed tips, plus some word wrap here and there... though the gifts are awesome (looking at you lab badges)... i wouldnt be happy getting a translation that changes stuff that is important to me. 

I been checking around and some screenshots of the game show weird translation that are meant to make it more mainstream... and hell, Steins;Gate was all about the otaku subculture, hell,the whole Kyouma character is based on a popular meme ! Im not buying it, until i get decent reviews from people i can trust... like you guys, so please give us some backup on this one.

Just ordered the LE last night. My only question though, is there a limit to how many times you can install it from the disk? Odd question, I know, but I've had that happen with too many programs to count...

Already got my download code for the digital copy, but I'm not sure if I'm even going to use it. My internet is pretty slow so it's better if I just wait for the game to get here. I think the method JastUSA uses for downloads is pretty stupid though. Why don't they just put it on Steam and give me a Steam Key? :/