Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

There is something to discuss, like which anime people I'll be watching this Summer. And we can badmouth Grisaia anime before it's released (I'm joking on this part :D ).

There was a thread made for that like a month ago and there was another one not so long ago that ended up discussing that too.

Not  going to make another one.

Just wait for next week where there should be something to discuss.

About time to open up "Summer 2014 anime discussion" don't you think? :P

When first episodes start airing I guess. English websites are outdated as usual, but it looks like things will start about next week

There is something to discuss, like which anime people I'll be watching this Summer. And we can badmouth Grisaia anime before it's released (I'm joking on this part :D ).

There's a thread for that already I think. And no Grisaia anime this summer it seems.

Well Mekakucity Actors is over.

Wonderful conclusion. Everything became clear at the end. Particularly the specification of Shintarou and Ayano's eye ability.

The ending is slightly happier than the one in the music videos given that Ayano comes back to life but i'm okay with that because Shintarou x Ayano best pair.

The way they handled the story was suberb with the exception of the kind of rushed finale but it still was enough to give off the general idea.

Might be confusing to some since it jumps around chronologically a lot but in my opinion that just makes it more entertaining.

I'm really glad I watched this and got to fully (or mostly) understand the mekakucity universe.

This gets a 9/10 from me because of fanboyism and because I genuinely enjoyed it through out.

NGNL was easily the best anime of this season for me. Enjoying Mahouka currently as well, despite all the negativity it's getting on MAL, though I do disagree with 99% of what I read on there so that's no surprise.

Black Bullet may have been a favorite for me this season, if they didn't rush it so much. Still enjoyable, though.

Finally understand the story of Kagerou Days(Mekakucity Actors),manga was so confusing xD

people on MAL hate Mahouka? why ;d its one of the better shows of the season easily

From what I've seen, the LN is really popular, and when popular stuff gets an anime adaption people love to be anal, and will complain if it isn't a perfect adaption.

From what I've seen, the LN is really popular, and when popular stuff gets an anime adaption people love to be anal, and will complain if it isn't a perfect adaption.

lol yea i've noticed that on Grisaia's page,very few positive comments about the upcoming adaptation but Mahouka is good adaptation nothing much to complain about imo

The manga is going for a different route so it's natural since it's not completed.

ah i see,didnt know that

makes sense now

NGNL was easily the best anime of this season for me. Enjoying Mahouka currently as well, despite all the negativity it's getting on MAL, though I do disagree with 99% of what I read on there so that's no surprise.

Black Bullet may have been a favorite for me this season, if they didn't rush it so much. Still enjoyable, though.

I'm enjoying Mahouka even more than NGNL. And like you say, it's got so much hate in MAL. It's sad, but all those reviews are from the people that can't handle anything different than the traditional useless hero that has to improve from 0 and to which we are supposed to relate to due to him being pathetic... never convinced me too much.

More like useless protagonist; hero is a specific term and those characters won't ever aspire to become one. Besides, why do you think this happens in the first place? It's because those people are both empty themselves, they often do not reach beyond popculture and thus are constantly feed with poorly written works; they have no sort of way to shape their own proper taste. Since it's also fine and sells like hotcakes, we can expect more of those lousy protagonists to plague future works. We shape what we get, after all.

Just when I prepare my heart for the ending of Love Live they throw a movie in my face.

So much yes. The graduation itself was pretty sad though but at least it's clear u's is not over just yet.

I love how in this season we got to meet Nico's entire family. Nico's mom is just like Nico. So much Nico~

I liked the verison of Aishiteru Banzai they played at the graduation and the last song was pretty cheerful as well.

This anime gets a 10/10 from me. Don't expect me to judge it. I simply love it, that's all there is to it.

Can't wait for the upcoming movie. The hype hasn't died yet!

I was simply looking for something lighthearted. If that's the case, then it's fine, I guess.

Yeah in that case you'll probably like it.

I should probably have went into Isshuukan Freinds expecting light heartedness as well, i'd have avoided disappointment that way.

just finished Gokukoku no Brynhildr great characters, interesting story,epic ending,i'd give it 9/10 simply my most favorite this season i really like dark fantasies and i'd recommend it to those who like it  as well 

just finished Gokukoku no Brynhildr great characters, interesting story,epic ending,i'd give it 9/10 simply my most favorite this season i really like dark fantasies and i'd recommend it to those who like it  as well 

just read the manga frome the very beginnig and the note will easyly drop at least 1 point

They skip so much think just to adapt the battle against Valkeria :/

just read the manga frome the very beginnig and the note will easyly drop at least 1 point

They skip so much think just to adapt the battle against Valkeria :/

i'm reading the manga but haven't progressed that much but you can't expect turning the whole manga into an anime

Not really just how to feel about the flag anime.

I didn't really grow fond of any of the characters and the plot was a complete mess. I still don't fully understand what went on even after the last episode.

It should have just sticked to being a harem than try to turn into some weird sci-fi multiverse stuff. I really don't know what to rate it.

indedd but it's really a shame that they can't

but i do have a question about the ending...

like why did the girl that has the ability to heal(i totally forgot her name) appeared at the end of the episode wasn't she supposed to be dead? she did melt after all..

i wish it had a more darker ending it would have been perfect in my opinion

I don't know if they show it in the anime but when Valkeria vaporize Hatsuna a little part of her was still remain (protecded by the harness) so she can fully regenerat and it's cost nothing to regenerate herself then she regenerate Kazumi and melting

and don't forget she regenerate herself very fast so she had the time to regenerate Kazumi before Kazumi brain was lack of blood

Murakami have to kill Kotori, Kuroneko lost again all her memory (if you had read Elfen Lied you propably cry on Kotori death)

+I just watchin the 13 episode and it doesn't respect the manga very well and it's all because they didn't adapt the very first page of the manga (where you see Murakami "kill" Kuroneko adult)