Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Latest episode of Daimidaler the Sound Robot  is just great, this series hasn't disappointed me yet. Ritz is also my favorite female so far, her reading that instruction manual so erotically was just too awesome lol. Can't wait to see what evil plans the penguins have in store heh. Of course this has the best OP of the season as well. Mekaku City Actors is still only above decent for me, but it's still early so let's see what happens. I guess i'll also start watching Atelier Escha & Logy, i've played the other games in the series so it must go on.

Finally got around to watching Mahouka, so the first question that comes up is: why the hate for Miyuki? I actually found her to be quite likable. Meh, whatever. I'm kinda rooting for something to happen with the red headed girl (erika is it?), she's cute ^^

This honestly reminds me of Kaze no Stigma. Both MC's are on a God-tier and are practically immortal compared to everyone else. It's refreshing watching anime like that and hope Shiba continues to annihilate everyone he fights.

Finally got around to watching Mahouka, so the first question that comes up is: why the hate for Miyuki? I actually found her to be quite likable. Meh, whatever. I'm kinda rooting for something to happen with the red headed girl (erika is it?), she's cute ^^

This honestly reminds me of Kaze no Stigma. Both MC's are on a God-tier and are practically immortal compared to everyone else. It's refreshing watching anime like that and hope Shiba continues to annihilate everyone he fights.

It's just like how Marika is a character I love and the Seiyuu that voices her is a Seiyuu I like too but when they were mixed together the end result wasn't fitting in my opinion.

Miyuki just sounds annoying with that voice and her personality mixed together to me. Maybe I'm nitpicking but it gets on my nerves a lot.

She's just an annoying character and a nuisance who is ruining the series for me, the little sister in Mahouka really needs to shut up .-. Saori's voice just doesn't fit with this character in my opinion

Anyways another mecha called M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane started airing today guys heh, it's actually not bad though. I am probably just going to stick with Knights of Sidonia and Daimidaler the Sound Robot for this season though

Black bullet ... Y U HEF TO BE SO SHOUNEN ???!!!!

Jezus. This anime has so much potential, and they managed to make it look stupid in important moments.

And what is this guy ? Did he eat a senzu or what ? 

Yeah I almost died but i'm ready to go kick the bad guy's ass even though he's like 1000 times stronger than me.

._. 

I don't dislike Enju though, she's cute.

You may be right regarding his wounds.

But regarding the shounen thing, I don't need nor like the long and useless speechs on friendship and hope.

It pisses me off. It's just scenery and only adds a childish side to the MC.

But again that personnal grudge against all shounens (except 3 of them)

@Freestyle80

M3 Spoilers:

Basically, people who die in the lightless zone become Admonitions. They're kind of like the manifestation of what a ghost is suppose to be, but they come about in a less conventional way. They don't just die and become ghosts; it takes the rotting corpse of the victim and morphs it into that kind of being using supernatural elements. The mother, being reminiscent of a ghost, is probably tied down do to her feelings for her son (hence the reaction to the pendant).

Seeing how it's Okada writing the story, you'll have to pay really close attention to the plot points she slips in there (her storytelling methods tend to make these far less prominent). At the same time, however, she can just go down the Black Rock Shooter route and not explain anything. But she's been doing that a lot less, so that might not be the case for this particular anime. Just keep watching, I'm sure the origins of the setting will make a lot more sense in the end. Okada's writing won't always make sense if you don't pay attention, but her stories aren't hard to figure out either if she actually explains them. I don't remember any instance of her putting any amount of complexity in her writing. It either makes perfect sense, or it doesn't make sense at all. Just depends on how much she doesn't fuck up (she's really inconsistent).

Anyways, I like how dark this anime is. I like Sato Junichi's work for light-hearted series more, but I definitely don't dislike his style for dark either. It isn't something that doesn't suite him.

No Game No Life

Teaching us that no matter what game you're playing. Cute is justice!

This anime is already number 1 on my favorites for this season.

No idea what to think of this episode...

I'll just wait for the next one...

It's really funny and all, but that game was ... interesting ?

I don't know, can't put words on this episode.

No Game no Life EP 3... come on man the game was pretty funny but please get more serious from now on. Not bad but i want it to be more serious. 

I thought it got somewhat serious.

They are technically fighting for a whole territory.

Although the whole cute is justice thing kind of took away the seriousness but the overall tone of the series has had many comic relief moments thus far so. I still find the moments where they turn the game around epic.

ah makes more sense now,thanks !

i dont really like mecha but here liked the plot and the cast of characters but u know didnt understand much xD well looking forward to this

Man, no one likes mecha these days! Mecha use to be all hype when I was growing up. What happened to that?! o.o

Ah, well, it's all good. It's not so much a mech-oriented anime anyways, so it has something for non-mech fans.

Dang, I'd watch episode 3 with you guys, but I'm following Eveyuu for NGNL. They take a little while, but it's worth the wait (especially since they're encoding off BS11). I don't think this anime was meant to be that serious. It's to be expected if it keeps goofing around and trying to be funny. :P It probably will have some serious moments, though.

Also, I decided to take up a friend's suggestion for watching Nanana this season. I actually really like this. It's cute, adventurous, and seems like it could have some really touching moments. The character designs are pretty :3 Also, Master Detective ftw!

well i never liked Mecha,it just seems weird and uninteresting to me. I never actually got all the hype with freaking Gundam and Gurren Laggan D:

the first and one of the only Mecha anime i finished and loved would be Code Geass,that one is in my all time fav list. Watched it liked 6 times by now xD

As for Nanana,it is good so far,one of the things to follow for me this season. The setting and plot seems unique enough