Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Yeah when I start something I go until the end.

I don't mind depressing stuff and bloodshed. I have Elfen Lied on my top anime of all time so.

Maybe it'll get as depressing as Elfen Lied did. I guess i'll wait for the 2nd ep, see what people say and then judge more from there.

it doesnt really get as much depressing as Elfen Lied if i remember right also a subtle difference between Gokukoku and Elfen lied is that the MC is much more capable here and is just not a powerless guy. He has a lot of 'cool' moments :P

Well Akuma no Riddle really is turning out like Dangan Ronpa. Whoever manages to kill her gets their wish granted hm, sounds a lot like Crime Edge. I guess the real deal begins next episode. 

I'm glad to see Tokaku and Haru are already on good terms, I really want to know what happened to Haru though as well as Tokaku.

Everyone else is a psycho and I can't wait for them to be taken down by Tokaku (if it happens).

It feels slightly rushed, I want to see some more yuri moments though. Tokaku vowing to protect Haru though <3

Dai Shogun... Maybe it could have gone somewhere with its concept, although I prefer Daimidaler in the same genre. But the animation?

That was laughably bad. It's actually quite rare for an episode to be that bad, and even more rare for a first episode. It's like watching Inferno Cop except it's not funny. Did they spend all the budget on the chara-design or something, they could only do one frame per scene?

I think it hit rock bottom when they made the tits bounce with vector flash animation. Into the trash.

That aside, Ping-Pong the Animation is quite the usual Yuasa, I heard the mangaka's style went well with the usual Yuasa stuff. I think it's going to be good.

And Mushishi is still being great. Probably AOTS no match.

Hm Date A Live 2 is going to be 10 episodes long. Kind of disappointed at that.

I want to see more of Kurumi as well as the twins. So far it's just the same as last season, not very impressed at the first episode since virtually nothing big happened, I want the new characters now.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou is funnier than I expected. Kawai is super adorable when she goes deredere, I want to see more  of her. 

And looks like we got yet another weirdo, just what I wanted!

Mekakucity Actors is definitely an odd ball. I'm going to keep watching but I really don't know what to expect or how to judge it.

It felt like typical Shaft artstyle. All the head tilts though.

What got me excited for this was the fact that it's based off of the concept songs from the Kagerou Project which are songs I love to listen to and I see they're using some for the soundtrack which is just awesome. 

I'll definitely keep watching, it doesn't feel like any masterpiece but it's rather intriguing.

Tatsuya from Mahouka is so badass.

Winning a fight without your oponent barely moving is just OP. I want to see the guy's reaction in the next episode.

I love protagonists like these. Really eager to see more now.

Daimidaler the Sound Robot is just way too fucking awesome. It's really stupid but a good stupid. Those penguins are the best villains ever, i mean just look at how awesome those penguin mechas look. I just have to play the OP lots of times as well. If it keeps up like this it's going on my top 10 for 2014. 

Tatsuya from Mahouka is so badass.

Winning a fight without your oponent barely moving is just OP. I want to see the guy's reaction in the next episode.

I love protagonists like these. Really eager to see more now.

And this is nothing, just wait until you see him in his first "job"... xD

And people were afraid this would've turned into Mahou Sensou. Please, Mahouka is good :c

The World is still beautiful is actually surprisingly good for being a shoujo. I rarely watch shoujo and i was hesitant to watch at first but it's good. I was amazed at the first two episodes, it literally felt like watching a disney movie and had such a beautiful ending despite only 2 episodes shown so far. Nike's perception of the world is something that i'll never have and i really want to see her change the king and his perception of the world. There hasn't been too much romance just yet but i'll hope for more later on. I recommend this to anyone who is interested.

Kanojo ga flag wa oraretara.

Too much, too much everything. Too much happening in just one episode.

Yes the too girls are funny and cute. But that's all.

Story is meh, animation is meh, Flag concept is very meh (So when someone is dying, kiss her ... WHAT ?)

Will maybe watch but only for the Tsun and the Dere.

Story is meh, animation is meh, Flag concept is very meh (So when someone is dying, kiss her ... WHAT ?)

Fool, loves cures everything! It's totally reasonable that a kiss would save someone from dying. Disney has been teaching us this stuff since we're kids. Get with the times.

I think anything would've worked, he just needed something strong enough to "replace" or "overwrite" the flag; love was just at hand. I find the concept, flags and stuff, to be quite good, at least it's not something I see everyday (like the overly cliched settings I see in some other shows).

He should have experimented.

I would have tried the spanking flag, or the lulz flag, I dunno, if anything can work use some imagination MC

Edit : Mahouka is good so far. Without that sister it would be even better but I can ignore that and just enjoy the show. The protag is pretty badass.

Bokura wa minna kawaisou is hilarious. Even though it's a manga, I can't stop watching it.

Plus I like the original shading style and the colorful atmosphere. Happy

hmmmmm, ok...

Brynhildr in the Darkness: awesome opening, but didn't give me the same strong impression of Elfen Lied, didn't feel as original as that series was, still good episode but not excellent.

Isshuukan Friends: heartwarming, relaxing, the kind of series that I usually enjoy :)

selector infected WIXOSS: hinting for some shocking moments, but the script is week or mediocre at best.

looking forward to: Baby Steps/Ping Pong/Bokura wa minna kawaisou/Mahouka/M3/Mekaku City Actors/Soredmemo Sekai wa Utsukushii/Mushishi ( after I watch the first season )/Knights of Sidonia.

After spamming the refresh button on the site I use for anime it Black Bullet was released and it just keeps better. Seriously if you haven't started Black Bullet, do it now. I really have a feeling that its going to be a tearjerker as more episodes come out with the way cursed children are treated :(

My obsession with Enju is quickly spiraling out of control and I'm quite content with it ;)

I agree, it suddenly got a lot darker than the first episode, which is a good thing I'd say. Also the MC does look cool when he gets into serious mode. And he's by no way some stupid / naive guy, which I approve a lot in anime. Well, very interesting show anyway!