Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Just watched Mahouka, first episode.

Those fight scenes, loved it, I seriously hope there's a ton of combat involved in this show because they seem to put effort in the choreography which is so important. Also love the setting and I love the potential this has. It really made me want to discover more of how everything functions around this universe. The school system is a little crappy, don't really get what's going on with Blooms and Weeds if everyone's an elite, but whatever. And finally self repairable uniforms, someone thought this would be a good idea! Praise Zeus~

I'm just seriously concerned about it turning into incest melodrama. I like imoutos and all but i don't think it'd fit with this. I'm just saying this because the sister is clearly fawning all over her brother, but hopefully it won't go into that direction.

The protagonist is not dense and retarded either which I love, He knows his place and thinks rationally, it's just like another Shiroe. I sense he has a ton of power to be shown and for that I can not wait.

Very anxious for the next episode.

nice it seems to be off to a good start.

and well one of the main things people love about this series is the relationship between the 2 siblings.No Incest yet but heavily implied

Protag is almost as badass as Yuuji which is awesome :D

I missed this one yesterday... This season i'll follow 

Blade and Soul - I found the first episode quite cool, even if it's not my favorite genre of anime.. (maybe it's also cause of the game's hype i have)

Bokura wa minna kawaisou - Seem quite the usual anime series of love and comedy but it has quite good starting point...

Fairy Tail - Of course.. I watched the first 175 episodes, i can't miss this one

Issukan Friends - seem a good series

Kanojo ga flag wo oraretara  - Seems funny, the idea of the "flags" for the future

Mahou Shoujo Taisen - I'm quite a fan of this genre so it seems cool to me

No Game no Life  - I like the plot basis

Gochuumon wa usagi desuka - i love rabbits :P

Date a Live 2  - no need explanation :P

Btw everyone, this is to discuss what has already aired. If you want to talk about what you will watch, there's a chart discussion topic somewhere.

Captain Earth looks very promising. Awesome Bones design and animation completely sold it to me, and the story, although very classic, doesn't look half bad. I'm looking forward to the rest of that.

Well, the "this season I'll watch this and that show" thread already exists. That's the one where the spring anime chart is.

Here is the topic for "I just watched episode x of that show, I think blablabla"

So far for the ones being already aired, the only one that got my attention is Mushishi Zoku Shou. I most likely wont finish it, but atleast give it a try.

It sounds like you haven't watched the first season yet. Maybe you should.

So i just watched the first episode of Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, and i have to say what an exciting episode this turned out to be. Good humor, made me laugh quite a few times. The Main Heroine Nike is a very likeable and awesome character, and i like the setting as well. Instead of the more mature looking male with a loli type of princess, it's the opposite in this one. 9/10 if not 10/10 from me. 

Also just started the first episode of Kenzen Robo Daimidaler, overall i liked it and god dammit the opening song is amazing. Looks like there's going to be lots of ecchi in this one though, good for me. 

Jojo Stardust Crusader-Good first episode,Jotaru is badass,if you haven't watch Jojo 2012(Phantom Blood arc of first season is boring but once you reach Battle Tendency arc,things will pick up),then I highly recommend you watch it and after that watch this one,

Mushishi 2-Been a fan of this show since the first season,first episode is just average IMO,also highly recommended especially if you don't mind episodic anime,kinda like Natsume Yuujinchou

Fairy Tail 2-Nakama Power is back,can't wait for the dragon scene

Mahouka-Just average I guess,will give it a chance and see how it progress

I will keep an eye on this thread to see if there's any good anime to be recommended to me.

So far for the ones being already aired, the only one that got my attention is Mushishi Zoku Shou. I most likely wont finish it, but atleast give it a try.

Mhm well it depends if you like slow paced anime or not. I rather enjoyed both the OVA and first season so the sequal's first episode was amazing to me. It's a relaxing anime. I love watching it when im stressed, so chilling. Either way, an amazing first episode.

Captain Earth looks very promising. Awesome Bones design and animation completely sold it to me, and the story, although very classic, doesn't look half bad. I'm looking forward to the rest of that.

I have to admit, before I watched the first episode I was thinking to myself "Oh here we go, Heroman v2" but it left me astounded with the artwork, animation and even the story ain't half bad. A promising start if you ask me.

• Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns - Well it's a sequal but the animation kinda freaks me out abit cause it's so stiff. It's nothing amazing but it passes the time.

• Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou - HATE THE PROTAGONIST but it's got a good setting to it. Will continue watching it and hope it improves, well the protagonist anyway.

• Fairy Tail (2014) - Meh. I've been waiting for this arc to be animated but it's nothing amazing.

• Majin Bone - DROPPED. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

• Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - I know there has been quite abit of hype about this but it amazed me on how good the first episode was. The animation is amazing and the story is intriguing

• Seikoku no Dragonar - Interesting concept but lacking in presentation. Will continue watching to see how it goes.

I still have plenty of new stuff to watch though aha. Just a few I've got started with.

Baby steps got animated *A* I'm reading the manga, so I'm quite happy it got animated c:

I'll watch Gokukoku no Brynhildr as a friend recommended it, but I don't really know if I'll finish it (the horror tag is the one at fault D;)

Soredemo sekai was fun, let's see how it develops now that they introduced the king (although the opening doesn't show him, which gives me a bad vibe *remembering Chu2Koi 2 for some reason*).

There were a few new mecha thingies anime but I'm not really interested ;u;

Blade and Soul? Fanservice ofc :D

Despite the fast that they made the female characters attractive, i didn't feel the fan service part.

There wasn't any unessecary cut scenes which only served the purpose of showing their nice bodies (even the bath scene), no random panties or disputable camera angles.

Even when she was naked, they didn't make it stand out.

And i appreciated that part.

Well maybe that's only my point of view, but I didn't see that much fanservice.

Just blood, entertaining fights, some violence and a possibly interesting scenario.

Wow Isshuukan Friends was a big surprise.

I thought it was going to be one of those 5/10 min series but it's a full 24 min episode series.

I sense a LOT of feels incoming. Can't wait to see how their relationship plays out. This might be one of my favorites as well depending on wether or not it keeps going with the friendship route or if it evolves into a more serious relationship.

Mahouka seems to have a pretty decent story. If only the voice acting and the soundtrack were a little better it could make a really cool shonen anime (And that's incredibly rare)

One of those series which can be pretty good but isn't yet.

And that incest .. ._. Weeeird.

Miyuki is probably one of the worst characters ever designed xD Not very attractive and with and annoying voice.

Plz no incest romance ;_;

Mahouka seems to have a pretty decent story. If only the voice acting and the soundtrack were a little better it could make a really cool shonen anime (And that's incredibly rare)

One of those series which can be pretty good but isn't yet.

And that incest .. ._. Weeeird.

Miyuki is probably one of the worst characters ever designed xD Not very attractive and with and annoying voice.

Plz no incest romance ;_;

You know who's producing Mahouka? The same people who did Mahou Sensou. Let that sink in for a while

^And this is how all my hopes vanished ...

Regarding Brynblidr (oh whatever Brgzzrtheh/Bbrerthecyhr).

I bought the first volume of the manga, it was alright, then I bought the second volume, and it was god awful.

Cheap elfen lied and bad story, I haven't seen the anime I already know i'm not going to.

Gimme my money back !

Baby Steps and Haikyuu both look to be solid (although not extremely original) sport anime. I'll follow both along Dia no Ace, that'll make me a nice Sunday afternoon sport anime session.

If there's a nice slice of life emerging this season, someone point it out to me. I don't feel like trying everything this season, I don't want to try the chuuni stuff because I'll end up dropping it anyway if I follow it weekly...

^And this is how all my hopes vanished ...

Regarding Brynblidr (oh whatever Brgzzrtheh/Bbrerthecyhr).

I bought the first volume of the manga, it as alright, then I bought the second volume, and it was god awful.

Cheap elfen lied and bad story, I haven't seen the anime I already know i'm not going to.

Gimme my money back !

If it makes you feel better it's only Madhouse, there's a bunch of other studios involved in Mahou Sensou that are not involved in Mahouka so that might give us hope.

I was going to watch Brynblidr and then I saw it was from the same author as Elfen Lied, and then I saw people saying it was a cheap version of it, and now I'm not going to watch it.

If there's a nice slice of life emerging this season, someone point it out to me. I don't feel like trying everything this season, I don't want to try the chuuni stuff because I'll end up dropping it anyway if I follow it weekly...

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?

So Love Live Season 2 begins...

tumblr_lq2k81nB7b1qht847.gif

tumblr_mbkiaiZ0ab1qbgp71.gif

This.. THIS. I WANT THIS IN EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. EVERY. ONE. OF. THEM.

IUQm5qI.jpg

The series that's such a guilty pleasure, I just, I can't describe how happy I am to see these girls again.

I'm going to hate waiting for next week but I'm watching every single second of this as it airs.

Needs more Niko x Maki, other than that, can't wait for the girls to go to the contest, seems like this time there'll be some idol action.

God I love this show for some unexplicable reason

#fanboy

Watched some more <:

• Abarenbou Kishi!! Matsutarou - It's rather slow paced and considering it's Toei Animation, it was awful. I'm still gonna watch it though

• Haikyuu!! - This one surprised me. I love basketball which is why I loved Kuroko no Basuke but I wasn't sure about volleyball but it blew me apart, looking forward to next week.

• Baby Steps - Another sports anime which I wouldn't usually consider watching but it was really good! I love how neat he was with everything haha

• Kenzen Robo Daimidaler - ABSOLUTELY STUPID PLOT BUT I LOVE IT! Dem penguins just make me lol too much

• Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - Not bad for a shoujo. I'm actually enjoying it, can't wait to see the attitude of the Sun King.

I'm rather enjoying this season of anime's. I hope the rest of the year will be the same.

For some reason I was persuaded this was one of those 50 episodes long-running shows, but it's actually only 13 episode.

I must see what all this hype is about.

Honestly even if you ask me what the hype is about I couldn't answer properly.

It  doesn't really have a lot of outstanding points other than cute girls dancing and singing.

But somehow i enjoy it more than it's supposed to be enjoyed. And more than anything I enjoy the pairings in it and all the fanfic that derives from that. And I'm not the only one with this opinion.

It's just a guilty pleasure I guess.