Little Busters Converted Edition Translation patch on PSP released

Sakimichi

lbp.png

The converted edition of Little busters has been released! The translation used came from the original PC game. Many thanks to the efforts of patr0805 and the team~

** This game is a port of LB EX, but without the eroge content. We have used the translations from the PC version of Little Busters, so until LB: EX is translated, this patch will turn LB:CE into the original Little Busters!. Untranslated stuff from the EX edition has been removed, so you won’t be faced with untranslated lines from EX.

Compatibility:

This patch will work for every platform that support running PSP games (PSP; PPSSPP supported platform, Vita with PSP XMB (haven’t tested Vita yet, but previous comments suggest that PSP XMB will make playing this on Vita possible)).

The PSP emulator PPSSPP works on Windows, Android, IOS, Blackberry, Meego / Harmattan, Symbian, Pandora, Mac OSX and Linux.

Blog post: http://patr0805.wordpress.com/2014/03/01/first-release-little-busters-ce-english-translation-project/

I got my hopes up that I could read the EX routes for a second. Never the less it's some awesome work that everyone did to let the Little Busters work on a portable device. Thank you for your hard work everyone!

I was actually sad reading they remove the EX parts too, let's just hope the EX translation team will be finished within this year :))

The day they finish that EX patch is the day I feel my life is complete..

Anyway I didn't like removing all the EX stuff either, but without translators there weren't really anything to do about it. T-T

Lets just hope they finish the EX version soon, or at least start working on it.  :)

Yes its possible, I recently uploaded the english patch here at patr0805.wordpress.com (also mentioned in the first post).

Basicly the game is installed, so my patch patches the savedata. In other words, all you need is the game, a PSP (or Android/IPhone or whatever runs the PSP emulator PPSSPP) and there will be no need to homebrew enable your PSP.

About me doing Rewrite patch. My goal is to provide a translation patch or support by my tools for every KEY novel, which includes Rewrite. However, I don't feel like translating something before I have read it first. Another thing is that me translating every KEY novel should not be treated as an official statement. What I mean by that is that I will only tell that I am doing a patch for a game when I have looked though the game files and have gotten confident that I have the skills to do a patch in the first place. As of now, I have read Kanon and Little Busters (currently reading Air), but seeing how people seems mostly hyped about Rewrite.. I might let the next patch be for Rewrite.

About me doing Rewrite patch. My goal is to provide a translation patch or support by my tools for every KEY novel, which includes Rewrite. However, I don't feel like translating something before I have read it first. Another thing is that me translating every KEY novel should not be treated as an official statement. What I mean by that is that I will only tell that I am doing a patch for a game when I have looked though the game files and have gotten confident that I have the skills to do a patch in the first place. As of now, I have read Kanon and Little Busters (currently reading Air), but seeing how people seems mostly hyped about Rewrite.. I might let the next patch be for Rewrite.

That would be amazing. Im playing on my Vita through the patch and is working really nicely. Its something amazing to be able to enjoy such a great game like this. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Im spreading the word around, i hope that more people can catch on and enjoy it as well.

PS: Rewrite it is awesome. Yep. Though is so long that im really afraid of it being a unsourmountable task for you guys. Im still looking forward to it.

I am waiting for a LB! ME edition, H-scenes would totally ruin a LB! for me so I am not gona play EX edition.

Mmm, while i agree that they don`t seem to be nescessary... if you are an avid VN player, you would have easily picked up the scenes where it was blatantly obvious that a H-scene was going to be played and it was "replaced" by something safer as somekind of placeholder for the ero.

So i think that LB! was thought with sex from the very start and for some reason it was opt out in first instance. It way different to how Rewrite is played. I wasnt able to pick up strong hints for H-scenes anywhere... 

BTW Kanon sex scenes have always bothered me. It felt like it was the opposite and for some reason they added them by force into something that didnt need ero at all to work.