Ayakashibito registry issue

Melly, you may wish to get a more permanent fix in place for this. Refer to this post for some help https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/4061-ayakashibito-registry-issue-with-bat/?p=87472

Essentially pretty much any batch file editing the registry will break if your path is messed up. This includes a decent number of our releases, including I/O and Symphonic Rain. Of course, you could edit each one manually, won't take that much time with search-and-replace.

How the hell do so many people get their path variable messed up anyway? Is it just not set in windows 8? But that would be utterly retarded and break so many things, like, actual professional games...

What? This fix is permanent... Run once, then delete the file if you want ^_^

And I didn't try to do it manually, I just ran the bat file(s) (tried both new and old, neither worked) and tried some stuff to make them work, the keys are now safely in my registry, and unless MS decides to change the placement of essential root files (DX, explorer, registry, misc system files, etc etc), this bat file should be usable in future versions of windows too, and the older ones, ofc :)

Also, I didn't change anything EXCEPT the "reg" value at the start of every input line, because reg was not a valid command in my version of windows.

• 5 years later...

I solved this

0. run at least one time the batch as admin

1. open the batch file with notepad++

2. copy the japanese text between /[japanese text]/

3. open regedit and navigate to the folder

4. rename the folder in the registry with the corrupted characters with the copied text fron notepad++

5. use Local emulator application and right click the exe and select run in japanese

Edited by tracekira