Ayakashibito registry issue

Double-check thart you actually have the new file.

Is the new file in the same folder as ayakasi.exe? Has to be there when run to work properly.

Try running the bat file as non-admin if you were, and admin if you weren't (random, but worth a try.) look at what the window for the bat file says - is every operation successful? Images appreciated.

Hope that solves it, if not we will try to help you further :)

ive tried downloading the new .bat it writes them fine if i try running it again it asks me to overwrite (tried that too) ive tried running it as admin,

i still get the same error message as the orginal poster :(

edit: i fixed it by switching to japanese unicode and reran the bat it worked after :)

ive tried downloading the new .bat it writes them fine if i try running it again it asks me to overwrite (tried that too) ive tried running it as admin,

i still get the same error message as the orginal poster :(

edit: i fixed it by switching to japanese unicode and reran the bat it worked after :)

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Reinstalled windows recently, and was breaking my head over why the hell it's not working. Hope it works now.

When in japanese locale the \ are usually replaced by yen signs as well so I'm pretty sure that you did something wrong.

The setting for changing locale is under the tab called administrative settings. Was that the tab you clicked? it's pretty common that people choose the tab called location instead but that's wrong.

Are you using Windows 32 bit? If so just add this to your registry (change the "InstPath" to your where you store the game) :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\propeller]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\propeller\あやかしびと]

"InstMode"=hex:02,00,00,00

"InstPath"="C:\\Ayakashibito"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\propeller\あやかしびと\System]

"gbFullScreenFlag"=hex:00,00,00,00

"gnWindowLeft"=hex:18,01,00,00

"gnWindowTop"=hex:46,00,00,00

"gdwWindowWidth"=hex:20,03,00,00

"gdwWindowHeight"=hex:58,02,00,00

"gdwWindowBpp"=hex:18,00,00,00

well,i downloaded the torrent on my guest account in japanese,but when i switched it to the admin account and a friend of mine did the right adjustments for the non unicode on the admin one,i could play it,but he also said that he downloaded the original game,then installed the patch on his and it worked after running the new bat.file,but his pc is so,let-s say particular,that i can-t tell you more because i do not know much,sorry