Why the hate on the little busters anime adaptation?

Damonkala

I know that nothing will ever compare to the original, but I've heard a lot of negative things regarding the anime. I've already watched it and I think that it's a relatively good adaptation of the game with the ability to have all routes done in one story and even include extra common route stuff I didn't think they could fit it. It wasn't rushed or anything (with the exception of refrain) and did it in the same amoun of episodes As Clannad did.

So please tell me, what was wrong with it?

I didn't have major issues with the first season. I actually quite liked it and it was the reason I started reading the novel even. But Refrain really ruined it for me. It felt too Rushed, the romance was completely omitted, Kurugaya's arc made no sense whatsoever in Refrain and overall it just felt very anticlimatic with a naruto style flashback explaining everything.

I thought the first season wouldn't have romance because they were leaving that for Rin's arc (AKA True route) but then they didn't even deliver that, that's when disappointment began.

But I also do agree that most of the other arcs don't make much sense without the romance, particularly Mio and Kud's arc.

I agree with Sieghart and everyone else, I was more disappointed in it (I didn't hate it) than anything because it was definitely rushed. The romance in each route is what makes Little Busters what it is. The true end of Rin felt like it shouldve been slower, and the episode for Rin 2 felt like it was too "quick" (it should've had Riki trying to get a job, like in the VN).

More than hate, I felt somewhat dissapointed. They should've done it the "omnibus" way, it would've been cool like that (heck, the entire universe has an explanation to why the setting could've been "omnibus").

I agree. It could have worked out like Higurashi which is in an omnibus format but at the same time has a linear plot.

In fact even in the VN this is supposed to happen, that's why a route gets locked when you complete it, because you've "gotten stronger" with each heroine and then you move on to the next one until you can get to Rin2 and then Refrain which is after you've conquered everything. Even in the anime, Refrain shows how Rikki was actually repeating time over and over with all the girls so ti was totally reasonable to use the omnibus format because they explain it later on.

Romance plays a big part in most of the routes and omitting it from the anime doesn't sit right, but it worked out in some way, that is until Refrain, that's when everything went wrong and the anime lost most of the emotions that the VN had  and all the feels it provoked. Refrain just ruined a perfectly good story, and this of course lowers the score of the first season because nothing really goes on if you look back on it. When Refrain is over everything stays the same, so it just feels meh

Well, here's my opinion on the whole thing.

There were definitely parts that I enjoyed seeing animated... but was I disappointed, yeah. Things were rushed, and stuff like that, but I felt like they were somewhat minor problems. The simple fact that Little Busters is my top VN and first VN made it too difficult for the anime to not disappoint me. I'll admit that my expectations were probably set to high, but at the same time, nothing could've been done by it. The original set the bar that high, and anything below that was something that hurt. I realize that the anime is limited to certain things, but it doesn't change the fact that it didn't feel right to me.

What bothers me most about the whole thing is something like this: People who watch only the anime are bound to create this mindset that Little Busters is just, "okay," or "good." Just maybe, yeah, people are gonna think it's "great," or even "amazing." For me, it was that first time experience with the VN that made everything for me. There were so many things that only the VN could do, and it just feels like those people who saw the anime just can't have the same experience that I did, all because they "know" what'll happen. This is the exact reason why I decided to hold out on the EX release of the anime. Until I'm able to read the VN for those EX routes, I refuse to watch the anime version. To some extent, yeah, I guess I do hate the anime for doing that to people. But, in the end, I appreciate what it tried to do. Seeing it all animated was nice.

It wasn't really awful but it doesn't even come close to what the visual novel accomplished. Considering that Refrain only had 13 episodes and they decided to animate Kurugaya's route with it to. I think they should of took out Kurugaya's route and add Rin2 instead and then have Kurugaya's route as an OVA like they did with Kyou and Tomoyo chapter in Clannad. Not only would Kurugaya's route benefit from having it's own OVA because romance is the main damn thing in that route (also they could do the true ending to it :P ) they could also show Riki and Rin's relationship in Rin2 which is REALLY important to understanding and enjoying Refrain because it shows why Rin is in the state she was in during Refrain.