• Tsugumi Seichirou
    • Onodera Haru
    • Kanakura Yui
    • Miyamoto Ruri
    • Paula McCoy
    • Fuu-chan (Ourd lord and savior)

This poll is closed to new votes

Chapter 196 / 197

Sorry I forget to update the thread as often, but it's not like there's any progress in the manga to miss. :Kappa:

And these two most recent chapters are exactly the reason why I can't support either Onodera or Chitoge.
Seriously, Onodera always same the same exact god damn thing every single time. "I'm going to try my best" doesn't mean jackshit if you never actually do anything!
And Chitoge is still the same damn tsundere. "I've been trying my hardest lately", no you fucking haven't, it always ends up the same way with you and Raku, you just punch him because you can't control your hormones.

Now I'm not going to pretend Raku isn't a factor in this bullshit, he's actually the main factor, but the girls aren't really any better than him if I have to be blunt, and this all creates the huge clusterfuck that is Nisekoi.

I just hope Raku one day comes to terms with how he feels and does something to make the plot go forward, but we all know that's not happening.

The previous Marika arc had a terrible pacing, even I as a Marika fan can admit that, but at least with Marika she would always try to make progress and be straightforward about it, never wavering. With Chitoge and Onodera chapters it's always the same status quo crap, it's infuriating.

In conclusion: we leave a super dragged out arc that everyone was complaining about for being too dragged out into the typical "status quo" plot and everyone is still complaining because there's no plot.

Nisekoi is one of the most paradoxical manga.

If you know how to make great art, you can drag your manga for as long as you want. Thats the lesson I learned with Nisekoi. You can get away with all this bs and money grubbing even if more than half your fanbase is already frustrated to the core.

Also the fact that getting a manga serialization in JUMP takes forever and very competitive, so making another manga is not really the best move for Komi. I understand why he keeps dragging it. Ending Nisekoi means bye bye to his stable paycheck and manga makers dont really get paid well for all the labor they do.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Indeed, it's pretty sad. If there's anything Bakuman taught me it's that editors always try to drag out their manga as much as possible if it's getting good rankings. Very few mangaka actually get to end their manga when they want to without risking losing their contract with whatever magazine they work for.

So really, what's more infuriating is that fans are still voting for Nisekoi in the rankings, enough so that the series can get this dragged out. 
I'm really just reading this manga because I started it and now I HAVE to know how it will end.

In other news, there's a new Nisekoi character poll going on in Shounen Jump and the results will come out late December. I wonder if Marika will keep her second place, it'd be hilarious if she rose to the top.

Nisekoi fangirls, there's plenty of them in reddit. They must be the cause of Nisekoi still staying on top of the list. I've seen them and it's not fun getting into an argument with them as they describe their "ideal Nisekoi ending". 

Onodera has way too many fans so I doubt anyone will overtake her. She's like the ideal waifu for most of the Japanese readers... She will keep her #1 throne until this manga ends unless she does something stupid and unforgiveable or doesnt show up for 50+ chapters which is highly unlikely. Chitoge might fall in 4th or 5th while Marika's fanbase has been on the rise lately since 2014, so she might stay at 2nd.

Nisekoi fangirls, there's plenty of them in reddit. They must be the cause of Nisekoi still staying on top of the list. I've seen them and it's not fun getting into an argument with them as they describe their "ideal Nisekoi ending". 

Onodera has way too many fans so I doubt anyone will overtake her. She's like the ideal waifu for most of the Japanese readers... She will keep her #1 throne until this manga ends unless she does something stupid and unforgiveable or doesnt show up for 50+ chapters which is highly unlikely. Chitoge might fall in 4th or 5th while Marika's fanbase has been on the rise lately since 2014, so she might stay at 2nd.

That's pretty shitty considering there's a 99% chance Chitoge is gonna end up victorious whenever the story reaches its conclusion

That's pretty shitty considering there's a 99% chance Chitoge is gonna end up victorious whenever the story reaches its conclusion

True but just having the "main" main heroine tag or "happily ever after" written all over the character doesnt really translate as #1 fan favorite. People's tastes are subjective and the only way he/she could influence that is by how he/she develops the characters in the story. Komi could suddenly turn Onodera into a mean bitch hellbent on destroying Raku's relationship with Chitoge. But there is a possibility that this might make some fans like her even more... It's just weird and I've seen manga characters become popular for the wrong and weird reasons....

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Onodera best girl :heart: 

Tnkk4J3.jpg

I also love the Chitoge fans trying to excuse her actions in this chapter as if she's some saint.

Apparently people should be excusing her because "she tried her hardest". Well, I'd love to know how you'd react if suddenly a girl is just trying to make you go through a bunch of crazy stuff you're not really in the mood for, and then expects you to really appreciate it.

I mean, yeah I'm sure she had good intentions, but she's also pretty dense if she can't see Raku is having problems, and maybe the best course of action isn't to go on a freaking roller coaster.

I long for the day where Nisekoi characters just have a chat like normal people about their issues instead of beating around the bush until every single leaf falls off.

Yeah I hate that [tries her "hardest/bestest"] excuse. It's making me throw up with all these white knights making excuses for their waifu.

For me, the definition of trying hardest/best = held hands for several hours, passionate kiss (not those cheek pecks), and possibly went to third base.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

For me, "trying one's hardest" is doing something in such a way that the other person notices you're doing it.

Now I know Raku is denser than the densest material known to mankid, but look at Marika's approach for a minute (and this is why I favor her over other characters). From day one she confessed her feelings and made her intentions known. She tried to advnce their relationship in a way that clearly made Raku feel her presence, by taking him to dates when she could, giving him gifts, complimenting him directly, kissing him and just overall trying to be close to him, to the point where in that arc where they were stranded on an island he ended up being super conscious of her, so much so he had to come up with the conclusion to reject her feelings. No single other character (perhaps maybe Yui), has pushed Raku so far into doing something and being as conscious of someone as Marika did.

Chitoge on the other hand has a super roundabout approach that just doesn't freaking work on Raku, and honestly I don't think would work for most people. How is someone supposed to guess she's "trying her hardest" in this chapter when all she's doing is dragging someone around to places she picked. And not only that, but that someone clearly is not enjoying the first few trips, so why insist on "trying your hardest" by using the same methods that already failed more than once? It'd be easier to switch your approach. And if you really want to keep trying your hardest, just tell him you want to cheer him up! It's soooo much easier from that point on, because he would be aware that you're doing that for him, but insted she just expects him, the densest man in existence, to figure it out of thin air.

As for Onodera, I shouldn't even need to explain anything, she just doesn't do anything and is content with it to boost, characters that just go "I'm fine with things the way they are" or "Just being next side him is good enough" are my definition of garbage tier. Let's be 100% honest here, the only reason she's still in the game is because Raku likes her.

Hey guys, may I ask a question? Who does Chitoge really like... Hmm... I wonder... She have so many choices, and it's not like she's only meeting with Raku... 

This manga is dumb. That's all I gotta say ^^ Anyway, Chitoge ftw! Raku should just die, and they should make another MC with a brain this time, please.

I think the densest protagonist title belongs to Yuuki Rito. He's worse than Raku by a mile. Seriously can't stand him. He's a nice guy and all but his obliviousness when a female comes within 3 inches of him is appalling. He doesn't need to be as perverted as Issei from Highschool DxD but if he can at least show some balls (or at least 1) and courage like Arata from Trinity Seven or Ikki from Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, then he would be a fine character. 

But To Love-Ru offers something Nisekoi doesn't, and I think we all know what that is.

On top of that though, To Love-ru isn't oblivious to the fact that all it wants to do is add more girls to an already huge harem just for fanservice's sake.
The goals of the two manga are vastly different, with Nisekoi actually attempting to have a plot and TLR just being about a random guy being swarmed by girls for no real reason, and yes while TLR had initial premises, they're basically gone at this point.
I also like TLR more because it can stay fresh by adding new elements to the chaos. For example, in these latest chapters Nemesis has fundamentally changed her role in the story and will now be mixed in with the harem plan which should bring up new lewd situations to see in the future. But Nisekoi? That's just status quo gallore no matter what elements the author throws at it, it gets stagnated really fast to the point where fans don't even expect it to go anywhere anymore.

Not saying TLR is a masterpiece, it obviously isn't, but it has a very clear purpose and I think it achieves that purpose better than Nisekoi does its own purpose.

Also (MASSIVE TO LOVE-RU SPOILERS)

Yuuki Rito actually kissed Haruna in the manga now, so I mean, that's more than Raku ever did.

To me the best harem protag is not Issei. Issei ackowledges his harem and is much more proactive, so he's got that going for him, but I actually find Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica to be the best harem protag I've ever seen; 0 fucks given regardless of the oponent, ackowledges he's OP, ackowledges his harem and proactively messes with the girls knowing how they feel. He's essentially the antithesis of a typical harem protag, and I had a blast watching him for 12 episodes.

Also (MASSIVE TO LOVE-RU SPOILERS)

Hidden Content

Really? I haven't touched a lot of To Love Ru Darkness after 40+ chapters. Guess Raku gets the densest protagonist title now. 

Yep, I was really shocked myself when it happened.

It wasn't intentional, though (just like everything in that manga), but it's made both Rito and Haruna much more conscious of each other, and Rito attempted a confession last chapter as well, something that hasn't happened in a while. Of course it was ruined by Nemesis, who now lives inside Rito and can control his body, so she forced him to tackle her and shove his phone down her underwear to take pictures. Stay classy To Love-Ru.

Raku is seriously the only protagonist I've seen last this long without relaizing both his and other girl's feelings.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Nisekoi but it's progression during part of the 2nd season pissed me off...i wish they'd progress more and more and not delay (thought i know it's not actual delay but part of the series) Btw Tsugumi is the best in my opinion, absolutely love her xD

Oh, you're gonna hate the manga then ;)

I've heard about it x.x just feels like such a goddamn tease sometimes....ugh...don't get me wrong when it's good, it's awesome and it has great potential to be so much more but sometimes it's aggravating xD

The 2nd season was an awful adaptation of the manga, unlike the first season, skipping over actual important parts of the plot, that's why most of it felt like filler.

Honestly, I recommend any Nisekoi fan to only watch the 2nd season after reading chapters 50 through 100 so they can understand what the hell actually happened since the anime never touches upon anything properly.

Chapter 198

I think we all predicted this would happen, nothing much to see here, move along...

Chapter 199 spoilers (do not open if you don't want massive spoilers)

BcTIpf0.jpg

wOvvST8.jpg

Raku: I see...

Raku: It's fun when we're together

Raku: And I want to be with her...

Raku: When I'm with Chitoge it puts my heart at ease

Raku: So that's it. This is...

Raku: So... this is love

Text: He realizes his true feelings!!

IT'S HAPPENING BOYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS