• Tsugumi Seichirou
    • Onodera Haru
    • Kanakura Yui
    • Miyamoto Ruri
    • Paula McCoy
    • Fuu-chan (Ourd lord and savior)

This poll is closed to new votes

48 minutes ago, black-cat said:

then why does it seems like everyone is still hoping that raku will choose another girl lol ? i just don't get it.

i'm not a fan of chitoge, but rooting for the other girl is pointless IMO.

Fanboys will be fan boys.

I think everyone internally knows Chitoge will be the girl picked though.

On 12/14/2015 at 8:04 PM, Nosebleed said:
1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

Fanboys will be fan boys.

I think everyone internally knows Chitoge will be the girl picked though.

The 2nd season was an awful adaptation of the manga, unlike the first season, skipping over actual important parts of the plot, that's why most of it felt like filler.

Honestly, I recommend any Nisekoi fan to only watch the 2nd season after reading chapters 50 through 100 so they can understand what the hell actually happened since the anime never touches upon anything properly.

I know the feeling, so dissapointing and pointless to root for anyone else...even though she's not even close to being my favorite

I want Raku to end up with someone other than Chitoge. I mean, can you imagine the internet's reaction? Reddit would probably explode.

Yes, I just want to watch the world burn.

---

On a serious note, even though Chitoge is the obvious choice, the whole development of all characters feels good, the series is still funny, and I don't regret a single minute of the time I've spent catching up with the manga last holidays.

PS: Marika best grill.

It's no secret all characters besides Chitoge were more of an after thought in order to make the manga suitable for Shounen Jump, so there's no way Chitoge won't be the winner in the end.

What I don't like about this ordeal is how the author turned this into a "I like both of them but I gotta pick one now". I think that was the cheapest cop out ever and just prolonged the inevitable switch to the Chitoge side. If you're going to change his love interest, do so properly, no half assedly like this. It would have done the characters more justice if Raku wasn't so indecisive.

Chapter 205

So, like, everyone relevant already knows Chitoge and Raku aren't really in a relationship... what is even the point anymore lol.
Tsugumi was really cute this chapter though, I gotta give her credit for that (despite her still being my least favorite girl).

YA4uZ2W.png

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Are we talking about Raku here? Because if so, this was a great joke.

Well, looks like Tsugumi is finally coming to terms with herself. Wonder if she'll actually confess.

Nisekoi Chapter 206 (SPOILERS ONLY)

Spoiler

Title: Eventually

• Tsugumi finally understood her feelings towards Raku. But after seeing how happy Chitoge is interacts with him, Tsugumi decided to ask her how she feels towards him.

• Despite her initial protest that there's nothing between the two of them, Chitoge revealed that she does, indeed, like him.

• At school, Tsugumi confessed her feelings towards Raku.

• Tsugumi covered Raku's ears so he couldn't hear her confession.

• Tsugumi: "Ichijo Raku, I like you. For the longest time, I don't understand my feelings, but now I do..."

• Raku: "Umm, what was that? I can't hear you like this."

• Tsugumi: "I do like you. When I'm with you, I can hear my chest pumping, and it fills me with happiness. But in the end, I can't smile if Milady isn't happy. Protecting her smile is my duty, and my happiness... and so... and so... when that certain someone shows up eventually, I will try and love. Thank you, Ichijo Raku, for teaching what love is."

• After Tsugumi uncovered his ears, Raku noticed that Tsugumi was crying, but Tsugumi brushed it off.

Korean scans for the images.

Credit: Reddit

What the actual fuck Komi. 2 chapters for each girl's conclusion? Really? 
Also really disappointed this is how Tsugumi ends up. You could see it from a mile away but even so it's still really underwhelming. Her character basically stayed the same old "I'm Chitoge's slave".

If this was Call of Duty, Komi would be on the top of the leaderboards right now with all these kill counts. Kill them all!

If there is semblance of good writing left in Komi, Onodera or some girl out of nowhere should be the one who Raku ends up with. Defy destiny! Stop being so predictable! :saber: 

Nisekoi's tanking in the popularity polls by the way, so this could be a sign that the manga is reaching its end.

Although the tankoubon sales are really good.

With Assassination Classroom ending in 4 chapters though, I get this impending sense that Komi might want to finish off his series as well, even if it's selling well.

• 4 weeks later...

Well that gives me an excuse to finally update the thread...

Chapter 207
Chapter 208
Chapter 209
Chapter 210

What a load of fucking bullshit. A simultaneous confession, really? I don't know what I expected but this is just... *sigh*
Honestly I'm just kinda upset that Nisekoi literally devolved into a "Do I pick this girl or that girl" type of deal. A lot of romcoms do this, but the way Nisekoi does it is just so annoying. I absolutely hate when there's a character that "likes 2 people at the same time" for the sake of convinience.
For the record, I believe in poliamorous relationships, so it's not like I can't believe in someone liking more than one person at a time. However, the way these series use that is just so cheap and distasteful that I can never bring myself to enjoy it.

Ah well, looks like Nisekoi is finally heading towards its end in the manga, or so it feels like.

Onodera fans on suicide watch. :makina:

The Ruri x Shuu chapters were pure gold though.

19 minutes ago, Loodee said:

Bump because I need to vent about how shitty the psvita vn handles things

Hide contents

You'd imagine that people would want play the vn so that they can avoid whatever story turn the manga takes, if it doesn't suit their taste. For example, a person such as myself who likes Tsugumi would be pretty disappointed with the manga (for reasons that Nosebleed has already pointed out), and might look to the vn for heart-mending.

"Thankfully, with the vn, you can choose whatever story you like! Right? That's why they have several routes, right? If you like a certain character, just play their route and you'll have all the goodness that the manga didn't provide!" is what you'd hope would be the case, but nope! Let's just wrap the game up literally minutes after the confession and end the character's route on a vague "whatever" that is barely different from the manga, and nearly equally unsatisfying. Seriously, I can see how the manga would have an impossible task to please everyone with how the plot is laid out, but isn't that exactly why the visual novel should be different? To do what couldn't be done in the manga? I was fine with the game dancing around the character's romances forever like we're all familiar with, because unlike in the manga, I felt pretty confident that the game would deliver to some degree. After all, with the visual novel being interactive, it wouldn't have the issue of having only one of the girls' relationship being canon. If the game is basically fanservice, with five characters that have their own routes, just make those five routes cater to the fans of those characters and everyone will be happy, instead of basically doing the same thing as in the manga. I can't help but to think that the developers missed the entire reason why people would want to play the game — I'm playing it because I want to watch the protagonist hook up with someone outside of the manga canon, not because I want to have the same disappointed feeling as before, only now with voice acting. I do know that not everyone has the same reason to play these types of vn adaptation games, and I thought the game was decent in other aspects. But man, would I have felt bad had I actually bought the game.

note: I've only watched the video translated thing on youtube, so tbh I can't really about feeling ripped off or anything, since I haven't spent any money. I haven't seen the ending to all routes either, but both Onodera and Tsugumi has stories that just end right after their confessions (kind of like it's setting up for a sequel) which already shows my point anyway.

so yeah this might just be me being pissed that Tsugumi's route isn't what I wanted or expected, so take this mess of a post with a grain of salt

tl;dr the Nisekoi vn has unsatisfying endings which imo defeats its reason for existing and I'm apparently really upset about it

Wow, seriously?
I was actually excited to one day play it and FINALLY get my Marika ending, but reading your post just made me depressed.
I should have expected it though, because most VNs based off of anime have TERRIBLE routes.

This is very reminiscent of Toradora Portable which was almost as much of a slap in the face. They made the characters get together, but then it just ends right there and you have a small epilogue that barely means anything.
Also the character I most wanted to date in it, Minori, is basically just an alternative ending to Taiga's true route (at the end, instead of chasing Taiga, you can chase Minori, and BAM you get Minori end, even though all the drama was related to Taiga), which is just pathetic.

Even the best VN based off an anime I played, OreImo, has its fair share of problems, despite having conclusive endings. Overall these types of games never really do develop a proper plot or story and we should all have learned that by now.

3rd popularity poll results are out.

Wd823EQ.jpg

1. Chitoge Kirisaki - 4,443 votes
  2. Kosaki Onodera - 4,337 votes
  3. Seishirō Tsugumi - 2,048 votes
  4. Marika Tachibana - 1,632 votes
  5. Haru Onodera - 1,041 votes
  6. Ruri Miyamoto - 792 votes
  7. Yui Kanakura - 216 votes
  8. Chika Tachibana - 186 votes
  9. Fū-chan - 165 votes
  10. Elraine (from creator Naoshi Komi's other manga Double Arts) - 159 votes
  11. Raku Ichijō - 156 votes

Sadly not even based Y-san put Marika in the top 3 :( Komi did however draw the bouquet and glass shoes Y-san sent him for Marika's birthday and out them on her. That's a really cute detail!

I'll be honest, these poll results are likely due to every other reader dropping the manga because, let's be honest, the author's bias towards Chitoge is really absurdly obvious and the way the author treats every other character just makes it feel like they're not even main contenders. The way Komi wrapped up the girl's arcs was quite half assed tbh, and it wouldn't surprise me if most of the other girls' fans just called it quits due to the manga clearly being biased towards Chitoge. Just look at the drop in numbers between Onodera and Tsugumi, it's MASSIVE, which indicates every other girl just lost their fans along the way, and I wouldn't blame them considering Komi doesn't give anyone besides Chitoge and Onodera a decent development.

Anyway, because fuwa doesn't let me edit my posts on mobile for some reason...

Chapter 211 (spoilers only!)

Spoiler

Onodera confessed to Raku while he was asleep. Chitoge overhears her confession.

>ONODERA CONFESSED FIRST

>RAKU IS ASLEEP

FOR GOD'S SAKE KOMIIIIIIIII!!!!!

• 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, Palas said:

It's over.

It's over and I'm FUCKING PISSED.

Hide contents

It was obvious Chitoge and Raku would end up together, but it was handled SO poorly in the last 226 chapters that I just can't deal. Congratulations, Komi. You turned a foreseeable and comfortable ending into something UNBEARABLE.

As an admin on the r/Nisekoi discord server, you have no idea how much salt I've been dealing with today.

Plus annoying chitogefags saying this is super well written and totally not forced.

I haven't been updating this thread because lazyness, but the most recent developments just... :salt:

7 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Plus annoying chitogefags saying this is super well written and totally not forced.

Let me say this, if I have to choose between Onodera, and Chitoge, I'd go with Chitoge, but this is NOT well written, it keeps dragging on and on like a crappy naruto's filler arc.

Just now, oxczen said:

Let me say this, if I have to choose between Onodera, and Chitoge, I'd go with Chitoge, but this is NOT well written, it keeps dragging on and on like a crappy naruto's filler arc.

If only the pacing was the sole issue, but everything about Nisekoi is just so poorly done. It really lies with the foundation of the story itself, it basically set itself up so that there's no way the conclusion will come off as natural.

Just now, Nosebleed said:

If only the pacing was the sole issue, but everything about Nisekoi is just so poorly done. It really lies with the foundation of the story itself, it basically set itself up so that there's no way the conclusion will come off as natural.

That goes for most harem manga/anime, really (except KamiNomi). At least it's not a shitty harem end where nothing is resolved and everything remain ambiguous. 

Just now, hahiru said:

I can't believe Onodera actually lost.

Fuck the author. ;_;

I don't think this was surprising at all, I just think the build up to this point was horribly done.

Seriously, Nisekoi is going to the bottom of my manga list as soon as it's completed.

Just read the last chapter.

Fuck this series, fuck this author and fuck anyone that thinks this ending is great and totally not a cheap cop out written because the author doesn't know how to actually continue something after a confession.

Even if in the next chapter (which is the last one, in case you didn't know) they get married and kiss, I will still rate this series 1/10, because it managed to single handedly self destruct in these past few chapters and completely ruin any shred of hope I could have possibly had for it.

Nisekoi should be considered a tragedy, because every single girl besides from Chitoge got so horribly mistreated. Marika is now alone in a hospital, Tsugumi is stuck following Chitoge, Onodera is stuck in school looking at the man who rejected her everyday, and Chitoge, after finally getting what she wanted, suddenly decides NOW is a great time to just leave for who knows how long, because that TOTALLY makes sense!

Even if you absolutely love Chitoge and think she is the best character ever created, you have to admit this ending completely goes against her character and makes absolutely no sense. Why in the world does Chitoge suddenly want to leave everything she always wanted to have? Why can't she be happy with Raku, even if only until she graduates or something like that? Why does she suddenly want to go on this journey and freaking quit high school for it (good luck getting a job with that)? It's absolutely ridiculous to think this does any justice to her character.

These are the kind of endings I avoid like the plague, because they completely undermine everything that came before them. They're basically the laziest form of writing. Why bother writing and thinking about what came after the confession when you can just say the characters had to leave and then not worry about it? Genius.

Once again, fuck you Nisekoi and fuck you Komi.

LOLOLOLOLOLLOOL KNEW THIS SHIT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AS SOON AS THIS SHIT JUST DRAGGED ON AND ON AND ON.  Chitoge to me seemed like the shittiest fucking character of all time.  Selfish and bratty.  There were zero redeeming traits in what i found from the manga, since her whole shtick was "oh she's secretly a good person".  Bullshit!  Her whole persona was about how people felt about her, and she would push those fucking limits, and when things got strained, she'd do some shit to try and fix it or whatever, get that aww factor, and then go back to shitstain mode.  And i'll tell you what that really reminded me of.  Before we were even anywhere near the ending.  A fucking Third wave feminist.  The bitchiness, the want for more, the sociopathic tendencies, etc.  And that ending is EXACTLY what a third wave feminist would do. Because nothing is ever fucking good enough for them.  So they inevitably self-destruct, damaging those around them.  Leaving those people in like a delusional ass state where they're forced to pretend their lives weren't just completely fucked with by some opportunistic cunt who is incapable of empathy.  RAKU'S A FUCKING CUCK.  SHE TOOK SO MUCH FOREIGN COCK IN HER ASS WHILE SHE LAUGHED AT HIS SMALL PENIS CONFESSION :SmallKappa:

Nisekoi is probably the only time i enjoy netorare in my doujins.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention: nice job on not even showing a kiss Komi. Also the fact you made Onodera bake the cake for the man who rejected her. Have you considered becoming a netorare hentai artist? I think it would suit you. Really appreciate the final pinch of salt.

Now whenever someone thinks they've read a shitty romance I can point to Nisekoi and go "you sure about that?"

Nisekoi was enjoyable the first 50 or so chapters, then it became filler festival which was just meh, then some okay plot progression, and finally the most rushed and horribly written last 30 chapters ever.