• Tachibana Marika
    • Tsugumi Seichirou
    • Onodera Haru
    • Kanakura Yui
    • Miyamoto Ruri
    • Paula McCoy
    • Fuu-chan (Ourd lord and savior)

This poll is closed to new votes

That's exactly what she doesn't want to do. She wants to earn Raku's love, not out of pity, that's why she kept it a secret and in this chapter Honda is the one telling Raku, not Marika.

This is also probably why she's so straightforward and why even her dad wants them go get married soon.

People often hate her for being obnoxious and for trying to get in other people's way but how can you blame her when everyone around Raku is as dense as a brick wall, she's just fighting for her love, it's not her fault the rest of the girls are complete dunces when it comes to actually approaching Raku.

More spoilers for the next chapter while a translation isn't out: it's a full blown Marika chapter. Marika took Raku to a stranded island and the whole chapter is just her trying to seduce him, looked quite fun (until the very end that is).

One ticket for the feels train please.

The latter half of the chapter gave me feelings of bittersweet sadness.

I got a little bit teary eyed when Marika said 

that she'll have no regrets.

I don't think she'll die, but this chapter is making me question that belief.

My hope is that this "little time" she has left is because she has to undergo treatment for her illness or something and it will force her to move from Japan so she has to do what she can right now.

I really would hate to see her actually die.

Nisekoi always seems like it's picking up in tone but every time it seems like it's going somewhere it all of a sudden abandons ship and returns to where it started. Yet I always in the back of my mind expect a major development. It's honestly quite incredible.

Anyways I think it'll be an emotionally intense story arc but by the end everything will be back to normal, but I kind of hope that I'm wrong.

My hope is that this "little time" she has left is because she has to undergo treatment for her illness or something and it will force her to move from Japan so she has to do what she can right now.

I really would hate to see her actually die.

The death of characters no longer affects me, even if a writer kills off a character they will always live on in fan's doujinshi and fanfictions........ OH and also hearts, that too. (EHM) However! I'm getting sick and tired of "plot convenientitis", is it really that hard to look up a disease/infection/birthdefect/std that is similar to what you are aiming for storywise and just throw in a line, like "it's a mutant strain" by the doctor to cover the discrepancies. Without a name to the condition it just feels forced and really takes me out of the story. It's advertising that the only reason the character is suffering is because the author wills it to create cheap drama. I know this is nisekoi and I shouldn't really be looking for quality literature, it's just something that really grates on my nerves. 

If the mangaka does decide to do his usual and make the situation go back down to status quo, I'm expecting the illness to be something rather minor but Honda is just overly concerned.

Either that or there is some treatment for it which prevents Marika from being MariDead. 

Still if they do kick Marika off I believe it would symbolize that the series is reaching a conclusion(Marika has been such a huge part of Nisekoi for a long time).

Things are looking really bleak for best grill :(

Chapter 170 spoilers

The summary for the next chapter mentions Marika started having spasms during the night.

Here's the page in question.

C1NU3od.jpg

Translation by me:

...Please

Just a bit longer..

Just endure it for a bit longer..

(Just for...)

(Just for right now...!)

With Raku-sama...