• Tachibana Marika
    • Tsugumi Seichirou
    • Onodera Haru
    • Kanakura Yui
    • Miyamoto Ruri
    • Paula McCoy
    • Fuu-chan (Ourd lord and savior)

This poll is closed to new votes

Note: This thread has now become the official Nisekoi discussion thread and the rant below is super outdated so don't pay much mind to it (it was written when Nisekoi hadn't introduced Yui yet).

What am i doing at 4 in the morning ranting about a series. You know when you take a break from the computer and then come up with these ideas. It went kind of like that. Anyway.

Warning: this rant contains manga spoilers. If you have not read it or are only watching the anime, i do NOT advice you to keep reading. You have been warned.

So Nisekoi has been kind of my obsession lately. I loved reading the manga despite everything about it screaming cliche. It's just something i took interest in, maybe the way it was handled and executed, i don't know i just really like it. But seeing as the development of the main plot which is the childhood promise thing is very slow and not frequent at all, this leaves a lot of room for fan speculation and dreams. So here's my personal theories on the story and how it might develop in the future and end.

So far we know 3 girls have keys. Sadly gorilla girl broke the lock.
All 3 girls met Raku 10 years ago.
We know the girl of the promise doesn't have blue eyes.
And what i think is vital: we know about the book that Onodera and Chitoge seem to be familiar with.
It's also hinted that Tachibana is hiding something from everyone though i can't formulate what.

With the revelation of the book's story, i think a ot of foreshadowing was done.
There are 4 keys total in the book. 3 of them help the prince get to the princess and the princess has the key that opens the lock. However the last page is torn off so we don't know exactly how it ends but this current clues make me think that the current girls in the story are NOT the girl in the promise. Just like in the book, they are a mere help to get to the "princess". Of course that is only if the story goes by the book.
What i think might happen is that there will be a 4th girl somewhere down the line that's the real promise girl and the only way they find out about her is to use the keys in some form.
And what i also think is that this 4th girl might have some connection with Tachibana seeing as how she's hiding something. It could be about herself though so this is too vague to assume.

Now assuming there's a 4th girl who is the real promise girl, regardless of how she's discovered, how do i think Nisekoi might end?
There's a couple of ways i think it can end in this scenario.
1: Raku meets with the promise girl but his feelings for Onodera are still going strong so he rejects her as a love interest and they stay friends. Possibly leading to him confessing to Onodera as well after that. Onodera reciprocates the feelings. Happy end.
2: Raku remembers everything and his feelings start to change towards the promise girl. The story ends on a sort of cliffhanger hinting that they will work their relationship in the future. Nice epilogue. Happy end.
3: Raku starts falling for another one of the main girls, rejecting Onodera. May or may not lead to confessing his love for said girl. They end up together. Happy end.
4: Raku rejects all in the end or uses some wimpy excuse. They all stay friends. Crappy end.

Now there's also a possibility of a 4th girl not existing and one of the current girls being the one of the promise. In this case here's some scenarios i believe could happen:
1: Someone else is the promise girl but Raku still loves Onodera regardless. They confess, get together, happy end.
2: Raku starts falling for one of the other girls somewhere down the line and begins to reject Onodera. Regardless of who's the promise girl, Raku confesses to the girl, they end up together, happy end.
3: Raku rejects all, crappy end.

I personally think in the end he won't pick any but if he does Chitoge is the most likely one to be it.
I feel like there will be a 4th girl but it won't change anything in particular, just make him decide to pick one girl, but he probably won't and we'll all be upset about it. Onodera will most likely never confess and Tachibana's secret might be something like a disease, implied by her weak condition. Chitoge will move back to America and Tsugumi will go with her. Haru will most likely never confess due to her love for her sister as well,
Hopefully he picks one though. Let's all pray together!
Regardless Marika is still best girl <3

Congratulations if you sticked with me through all this, what are your personal thoughts on where the story is headed towards?
Who's the best girl? Who's the promise girl?
Feel free to answer!

Ps: can't believe i wrote all this on mobile. I need a life...

To be honest with you, I don't really care how the manga ends with the MC and who he ends up with. The thing I want to see the most is Ruri ending up with Shuu. Since the start of the series, that's all I wanted. So you can tell how happy issue 115 made me, Shuu raised a flag with her, I almost cried with joy! But I agree with you that Chitoge is the most likely girl, because she's the only girl that knows the phrase "Zawse in Love", the same phrase that Raku remembers when he made the promise.

I haven't read the manga, but I have a friend which has been telling me spoilers (I don't know if they're true though, but here they go).

From what my friend said:

We know the girl of the promise doesn't have blue eyes. < My friend said that Chitose's father told her in a chapter that her eyes changed color when she grew up or something like that. (not sure if true, as I said, I haven't read the manga; but the wikia says this: Her eyes were stated to be brown in colour when she was younger, only turning aqua blue once she had started hitting puberty.).
There's also a drawing or something like that in the manga, they show it like blurry or something, and in the anime it showed clearly and my friend said that the girl was really like Chitose (I seriously can't remember that though, maybe I should watch the chapters again or something).
With so many (so many = 2, 3 if we count the words from the book and all that) weird hints, if they're true, I'm guessing that Chitose is the girl of the promise, even if she doesn't end with Raku (which isn't bad, but I would like her to end with him, but that's because I only know about her and Onodera at the moment, maybe I'll change my mind with the new girls).

I'll not vote because of that ^ ;_;

I haven't read the manga, but I have a friend which has been telling me spoilers (I don't know if they're true though, but here they go).

From what my friend said:

We know the girl of the promise doesn't have blue eyes. < My friend said that Chitose's father told her in a chapter that her eyes changed color when she grew up or something like that. (not sure if true, as I said, I haven't read the manga; but the wikia says this: Her eyes were stated to be brown in colour when she was younger, only turning aqua blue once she had started hitting puberty.).

There's also a drawing or something like that in the manga, they show it like blurry or something, and in the anime it showed clearly and my friend said that the girl was really like Chitose (I seriously can't remember that though, maybe I should watch the chapters again or something).

With so many (so many = 2, 3 if we count the words from the book and all that) weird hints, if they're true, I'm guessing that Chitose is the girl of the promise, even if she doesn't end with Raku (which isn't bad, but I would like her to end with him, but that's because I only know about her and Onodera at the moment, maybe I'll change my mind with the new girls).

I'll not vote because of that ^ ;_;

Yes that is correct.

When Chitoge was younger she didn't have blue eyes. A fact stated by her father.

But this clue basically leads you to square 1 since all the girls can be the girl again.

You can still vote even if you don't know the other characters. Even if it's unfair :P

To be honest with you, I don't really care how the manga ends with the MC and who he ends up with. The thing I want to see the most is Ruri ending up with Shuu. Since the start of the series, that's all I wanted. So you can tell how happy issue 115 made me, Shuu raised a flag with her, I almost cried with joy! But I agree with you that Chitoge is the most likely girl, because she's the only girl that knows the phrase "Zawse in Love", the same phrase that Raku remembers when he made the promise.

I agree the likelyhood of it being Chitoge is really high in my opinion too. But I can't help but to think this book they discover means something important. Why would they make such a big deal out of it if it wasn't? It just seems unlikely there isn't a 4th girl to match the book's story.

Because if there isn't what's the point of there even being 3 keys?  At least i'd like an explanation for the extra keys.

We also don't even know what the promise is. It might not be "to get married" even though the likelyhood of it being that is over 9000. It could be something else.

That flag seemed more like a double edged flag since Raku was all nice to Ruri too although Shuu was the hero of the moment so I'll give him credit for that. From the beginning I thought Shuu was meant to be with Ruri. You can't imagine my shock when i discovered he liked the teacher, it was so out of the blue my brain exploded. But he'll probably like Ruri sometime in the future.

I do care what girl he ends up with though, I think it's the most vital part of a romance manga with a harem, when you don't conclude something like this it feels so empty and devoid of emotion. I really wouldn't want an ending like that. 

Yes that is correct.

When Chitoge was younger she didn't have blue eyes. A fact stated by her father.

But this clue basically leads you to square 1 since all the girls can be the girl again.

You can still vote even if you don't know the other characters. Even if it's unfair :P

I agree the likelyhood of it being Chitoge is really high in my opinion too. But I can't help but to think this book they discover means something important. Why would they make such a big deal out of it if it wasn't? It just seems unlikely there isn't a 4th girl to match the book's story.

Because if there isn't what's the point of there even being 3 keys?  At least i'd like an explanation for the extra keys.

We also don't even know what the promise is. It might not be "to get married" even though the likelyhood of it being that is over 9000. It could be something else.

That flag seemed more like a double edged flag since Raku was all nice to Ruri too although Shuu was the hero of the moment so I'll give him credit for that. From the beginning I thought Shuu was meant to be with Ruri. You can't imagine my shock when i discovered he liked the teacher, it was so out of the blue my brain exploded. But he'll probably like Ruri sometime in the future.

I do care what girl he ends up with though, I think it's the most vital part of a romance manga with a harem, when you don't conclude something like this it feels so empty and devoid of emotion. I really wouldn't want an ending like that. 

No that's not what I meant. I want him to at least end up with someone but I don't care which (Actually I do care a little, I don't want it to be Marika, I don't like her). About the fourth girl... I have a theory... if Raku used to play with Kosaki in his childhood, it's possible he too played with Haru? I mean I can imagine Kosaki bringing her sister to play together, maybe she's the fourth girl?

No that's not what I meant. I want him to at least end up with someone but I don't care which (Actually I do care a little, I don't want it to be Marika, I don't like her). About the fourth girl... I have a theory... if Raku used to play with Kosaki in his childhood, it's possible he too played with Haru? I mean I can imagine Kosaki bringing her sister to play together, maybe she's the fourth girl?

I want it to be Marika at all costs! Although the likelyhood of this is definitely under 9000

I also thought about that but so far there's 0 hints Haru is even related to the promise. She doesn't even think about anything when looking at the lock. But it'd also be weird if Haru is just some random girl  in the harem with no connection to the promise. Then again Tsugumi is also like that (so far) so maybe..

But if Haru is actually the fourth girl, my heart would explode with joy. 

And how come you don't like Marika? She's the most proactive girl in the bunch. I love her <3

I really want to know what she's hiding though.

One thing that doesn't make sense in my head is:

If Kosaki and Chitoge played together with Raku as kids, why would he only make a promise to one them? 

The only logical explanation I can think of is Chitoge giving him the lock because she was moving back to America so he wouldn't forget about her (even though he did)

But then why would Kosaki also have a key? Doesn't make much sense to me that either of them is the promise girl.

I wish they'd just break open the lock, it's needlessly annoying at this point.

But but, the latest chapter said this:
xDBO9SX.png
(we'll get married)

Why couldn't that be the promise? D;

By the way, screw the rules, I'm going to read the manga. *didn't want to until finishing the anime*

Edit: I forgot. I didn't want to vote because maybe I'll change my opinion later, when I meet the new heroines.

But but, the latest chapter said this:

xDBO9SX.png

(we'll get married)

Why couldn't that be the promise? D;

By the way, screw the rules, I'm going to read the manga. *didn't want to until finishing the anime*

Hmm I don't remember this in the anime.

Well it was kind of near obvious that the promise would be this. Maybe they mentioned it and I already forgot.

Yes, read the manga, it's worth it. I couldn't wait for the anime to be over either.

Hmm I don't remember this in the anime.

Well it was kind of near obvious that the promise would be this. Maybe they mentioned it and I already forgot.

Yes, read the manga, it's worth it. I couldn't wait for the anime to be over either.

It happens at the minute 11 in the latest chapter, after Raku talks with Chitose's dad D:!

I want it to be Marika at all costs! Although the likelyhood of this is definitely under 9000

I also thought about that but so far there's 0 hints Haru is even related to the promise. She doesn't even think about anything when looking at the lock. But it'd also be weird if Haru is just some random girl  in the harem with no connection to the promise. Then again Tsugumi is also like that (so far) so maybe..

But if Haru is actually the fourth girl, my heart would explode with joy. 

And how come you don't like Marika? She's the most proactive girl in the bunch. I love her <3

I really want to know what she's hiding though.

One thing that doesn't make sense in my head is:

If Kosaki and Chitoge played together with Raku as kids, why would he only make a promise to one them? 

The only logical explanation I can think of is Chitoge giving him the lock because she was moving back to America so he wouldn't forget about her (even though he did)

But then why would Kosaki also have a key? Doesn't make much sense to me that either of them is the promise girl.

I wish they'd just break open the lock, it's needlessly annoying at this point.

I never liked clingy energetic girls. Back in Da Capo I didn't like Sakura either. And Marika is an ass to everyone but Raku... Well it's just personal taste.

I never liked clingy energetic girls. Back in Da Capo I didn't like Sakura either. And Marika is an ass to everyone but Raku... Well it's just personal taste.

Eh I dislike Sakura in Da Capo too, she's just annoying, not because of her clingyness but her personality and how she behaves overall is annoying.

Marika acts all high and mighty but she gets all deredere when Raku says sweet things to her. Including her unfitting dialect. I find it cute. 

Personal tastes indeed.

Am I the only one that dislikes Chitoge? She's not a bad person at all but... I feel Marika and Onodera are more honest to their feelings and deserve more for how they are devoted to Raku. Plus she's the wrong kind of tsundere. Anyways, Ruri is the best girl, but not for Raku, so I voted on Onodera. Marika is awesome though.

(never mind that, I'm voting on Ruri after all)

Edited by Sieg

Am I the only one that dislikes Chitoge? She's not a bad person at all but... I feel Marika and Onodera are more honest to their feelings and deserve more for how they are devoted to Raku. Plus she's the wrong kind of tsundere. Anyways, Ruri is the best girl, but not for Raku, so I voted on Onodera. Marika is awesome though.

Her tsuntsun is kinda annoying, but I prefer her over the other girls (although I only saw Onodera, Chitose and her bodyguard which I forgot the name). Maybe this will change when I read the manga, I don't really know.

If Raku doesn't pick Tachibana (which most likely will happen)

Then my next favorite girl is Onodera Haru. She's much more entertaining than Kosaki. Kosaki is just fooling around and being too nervous to actually do anything

Haru just wants senpai to notice her and she's a lot cuter. Imouto power!

I used to be caught up to the manga (to where Raku fell into the pit with the guy from another manga series; the crossover chapter), not anymore though. I'm not too sure how it will end, it's possible it could turn into one big harem. Of course, I'd prefer him picking Onodera Kosaki. I think it will end with him not being able to decide, like in To Love Ru.

Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge Chitoge & Chitoge.

Any other ending is wrong imo ;3;

And god please not TLR ending all over again (e.e)

It's Chitoge's fault the plot got complicated.

If we get a TLR ending it's all Gorilla tsundere's fault.

I started the manga guys, and I don't regret it D:! I still don't know about this Haru person, but I'm in the chapter about the Romeo x Juliet play, and I'm loving it. I wasn't expecting Chitose to accept her feelings so early (seeing that there are like 50+ chapters), but I'm really glad I started the manga now~

I'm glad this isn't shambled drama about infinite relationships like Kimi no iru Machi and it's author related works.

I started the manga guys, and I don't regret it D:! I still don't know about this Haru person, but I'm in the chapter about the Romeo x Juliet play, and I'm loving it. I wasn't expecting Chitose to accept her feelings so early (seeing that there are like 50+ chapters), but I'm really glad I started the manga now~

I'm glad this isn't shambled drama about infinite relationships like Kimi no iru Machi and it's author related works.

Haha that's how I felt too. I never regretted starting Nisekoi, waiting for new anime episodes was too painful.

I really liked the Romeo x Juliet arc, I feel like the anime won't go very past that since that's when Chitoge accepts her feelings.

At least it was progression.

But more importantly. Did you reach enlightment? Do you understand the beauty and perfection of Marika now? I have high hopes for your answer.

And if it makes you feel better, Onodera Haru is only introduced in Volume 9 chapter 75 (which won't be in the anime *cry*) although she's mentioned in earlier chapters but never really appears.

Marika is cute, I can't argue with that. She's really straightforward, and I tend to have mixed feelings about these girls (it depends on the character, but most of the time I end up disliking them for different reasons D;), but I'm liking her for now xD

I don't know who to root for anymore though. Onodera is cute, yeah, but I don't like her loooooooow self confidence. Marika is really cute and funny, and Chitoge is kinda annoying but I loved how she's accepting her feelings slowly, and I'm looking forward to how this develops. I guess I'll stay neutral until I catch up to the latest chapter D;

PD: Am I the only one that wants Raku to keep that hairstyle? (the one he has when he's acting the prince). He looks badass for some reason xD