Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort Translation Project

mdz

From MDZ's site:

As of 7/25/2015, the common route, Umi’s route, Nagisa’s route, Shiori’s route, and the 3P routes have undergone successfully, their 2nd pass edits. These routes are ready to be QC’d, and instructions will be sent to the prospective (not presently recruiting) quality checkers later on today about how to proceed. The engineer for the group is presently working on making a easy-to-use patcher. Nonetheless, even at the present, team members are able to integrate the edited scripts and images into the game without much problem (although there is some fine tuning on how the text will visually present itself).

There are two remaining routes that are not yet ready for quality checking.

Sango’s route, while TLC’d (very briefly — as in I read through her route while fixing points of confusion that I had marked in the original translation) still needs to undergo a great deal of editing.

Riho’s route, similarly to Sango’s route, has undergone a brief TLC, but still needs to undergo a great deal of editing/revision (although a little more significantly). The majority of these revisions are not for ‘incorrect content,’ but for choppy, rather mechanical English.

While I can expedite the release of KoiRizo by releasing the scripts as they are, I think that this would ultimately dampen the overall experience of the work. While I can aim to translate accurately, if the work’s not read well and fluidly in English, then it’s not as enjoyable to read. The importance and ultimate impact of a well-edited script is very significant. Take for example the first script of Nagisa’s route. The original translated English is on the left, and the edited, having-undergone-TLC script is on the right. The script on the left, while basically as accurate in content to the script on the right, is not as easy to read (it’s logically understandable, but subjectively, it’s a pain to read). At the moment, Sango’s and Riho’s scripts are in a similar (but marginally better) state. In other words, their scripts are being re-edited so that the work reads better.

Consequently, we can say that those two routes are going to be undergoing a third-edit pass, so that their reading experience be raised to the bar set by the other routes. Sango and Riho’s routes are being edited again by the editor responsible for the other four routes. I will be working closely alongside him, in an expedited, but not necessarily ‘fast’ pace (i.e. I will be trailing his edits with my TLC, removing the real need for another full editing pass after its completion). By doing this, we’ll be able to offset some of the time lost from having to revisit the two routes.

At any rate, news pertinent to the project can be found most accurately, on this site. Less directly, I tend to update my twitter, @mdzanime, fairly frequently about matters related to translation (But not strictly such). If you feel the need to discuss matters, then I’m open through e-mail. Do not use ask.fm to ask questions about the state of the project (indeed, on ask.fm, I refuse to acknowledge that KoiRizo’s project is still on-going).

That’s all the news for all. Optimistically, the goal of having KoiRizo out prior to the end of summer is still alive.

From MDZ's site:

As of 7/25/2015, the common route, Umi’s route, Nagisa’s route, Shiori’s route, and the 3P routes have undergone successfully, their 2nd pass edits. These routes are ready to be QC’d, and instructions will be sent to the prospective (not presently recruiting) quality checkers later on today about how to proceed. The engineer for the group is presently working on making a easy-to-use patcher. Nonetheless, even at the present, team members are able to integrate the edited scripts and images into the game without much problem (although there is some fine tuning on how the text will visually present itself).

There are two remaining routes that are not yet ready for quality checking.

Sango’s route, while TLC’d (very briefly — as in I read through her route while fixing points of confusion that I had marked in the original translation) still needs to undergo a great deal of editing.

Riho’s route, similarly to Sango’s route, has undergone a brief TLC, but still needs to undergo a great deal of editing/revision (although a little more significantly). The majority of these revisions are not for ‘incorrect content,’ but for choppy, rather mechanical English.

While I can expedite the release of KoiRizo by releasing the scripts as they are, I think that this would ultimately dampen the overall experience of the work. While I can aim to translate accurately, if the work’s not read well and fluidly in English, then it’s not as enjoyable to read. The importance and ultimate impact of a well-edited script is very significant. Take for example the first script of Nagisa’s route. The original translated English is on the left, and the edited, having-undergone-TLC script is on the right. The script on the left, while basically as accurate in content to the script on the right, is not as easy to read (it’s logically understandable, but subjectively, it’s a pain to read). At the moment, Sango’s and Riho’s scripts are in a similar (but marginally better) state. In other words, their scripts are being re-edited so that the work reads better.

Consequently, we can say that those two routes are going to be undergoing a third-edit pass, so that their reading experience be raised to the bar set by the other routes. Sango and Riho’s routes are being edited again by the editor responsible for the other four routes. I will be working closely alongside him, in an expedited, but not necessarily ‘fast’ pace (i.e. I will be trailing his edits with my TLC, removing the real need for another full editing pass after its completion). By doing this, we’ll be able to offset some of the time lost from having to revisit the two routes.

At any rate, news pertinent to the project can be found most accurately, on this site. Less directly, I tend to update my twitter, @mdzanime, fairly frequently about matters related to translation (But not strictly such). If you feel the need to discuss matters, then I’m open through e-mail. Do not use ask.fm to ask questions about the state of the project (indeed, on ask.fm, I refuse to acknowledge that KoiRizo’s project is still on-going).

That’s all the news for all. Optimistically, the goal of having KoiRizo out prior to the end of summer is still alive.

Looks like there's quite a bit left.

:vinty: God dammit

• 3 weeks later...