Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort Translation Project

mdz

Yes, it still needs to be edited + TLC'd.

Out of curiosity, how much editing/TLCing has been done?  I remember looking at your site a while back and seeing that you did have some people in those positions, have they been working behind you or are they waiting in the wings until you're done?

Out of curiosity, how much editing/TLCing has been done?  I remember looking at your site a while back and seeing that you did have some people in those positions, have they been working behind you or are they waiting in the wings until you're done?

There aren't precise numbers. Editing and TLCing is significantly behind the translation though. There are no plans to prematurely release the patch without those being finished (so, summer would be the optimistic, and perhaps, fitting period of release). 

There aren't precise numbers. Editing and TLCing is significantly behind the translation though. There are no plans to prematurely release the patch without those being finished (so, summer would be the optimistic, and perhaps, fitting period of release). 

just asking , do you still have any contact with them or any proof that they are alive? 

just asking , do you still have any contact with them or any proof that they are alive? 

For the TLC, at the least. The other editors aren't currently active, but not necessarily off the team (as I haven't been doing my due diligence in contacting them or asking). 

I'm not really in a proactive mood for recruiting (but I still do review applications). Right now, in the midst of school, I'm only doing my daily translation + reacting to e-mails/applications. Once the translation part of the project's over, I'd imagine that I'd be more proactive in recruiting editors and other staff members, granted a moderately brief break. .

There's probably been 15-25 total editor applications throughout the course of the entirety of the project's duration. I think of that number, only 3 or so ultimately 'passed' under stipulations (with none doing so in themselves). I don't intend on really loosening the requirements for the sake of a faster release. It'd be counterproductive if an editor cannot write better in the context of this novel than I (the translator) can. 

Hey wanted to say nice work been looking foward to this for a while and the translation speed is impressive. Hopefully the editing goes just as well and also wanted ask if this game has h scenes during the common route or if its just in the character routes. It might seem a stupid question to some but its of some importance to me thanks in advance.

Hey wanted to say nice work been looking foward to this for a while and the translation speed is impressive. Hopefully the editing goes just as well and also wanted ask if this game has h scenes during the common route or if its just in the character routes. It might seem a stupid question to some but its of some importance to me thanks in advance.

Only during the character routes. 

This is probably the fastest translation I have ever seen (wish other VNs would get translated as fast as this :P).

Anyways, after translation it will still need to be edited and such, correct?

It needs to be TLC'd + Edited. 

This is probably the fastest translation I have ever seen (wish other VNs would get translated as fast as this :P).

Anyways, after translation it will still need to be edited and such, correct?

Somebody hasn't been tracking the Daito translation, where the lone translator considers a 1500 line week slow. He's a beast. The most surprising part is how solid the partial patch he released was.

Not to denigrate the fine work mdz is doing. Keep it up! I'm excited we're getting ever so closer to completion. :)

Somebody hasn't been tracking the Daito translation, where the lone translator considers a 1500 line week slow. He's a beast. The most surprising part is how solid the partial patch he released was.

Not to denigrate the fine work mdz is doing. Keep it up! I'm excited we're getting ever so closer to completion. :)

Yeah, I don't think my greatest strength is really my speed. I put in about 25-35 minutes a day between classes to translation. It's primarily just consistency & how much I treat translation as I would homework (not being the type to procrastinate since I value undivided leisure time). 

As an editor on the project, the editing % is rather depressing low (sorry). Still about 1k lines from the end of the common route. Though at least these lines have been looked at by 2 editors now, for a while I was the only one doing any editing.

Will there be a download link when it's done?