[Submission] Graphics Forum/Subforum

GKats12394

Hey everyone. 

After exploring the local forums, I've sort of noticed that there's not really any place a graphics artist can settle down to take requests, offers, and/or post their creations. (And if there is/are, please scold me and direct me there!)

I'm making this thread to suggest that kind of forum be made.

In other forums I've been a part of, they had these things called "Graphic Shops" where a specific individual who did a lot of GFX for people would solely moderate their own sub-forum in a graphics department. There, the shop owner could make their own sticky threads with information on their shop, request forms, and other important threads.

I'm not exactly asking that all this be done.

But it would be nice if artists could at least have a specific place that they can at least have a "thread shop" to have people make requests on.

As far as placement goes, it could either be a completely new forum department, or it could be a sub-forum in the General Discussion Forum!

Please let me know what you think here. ^_^

Some artist do have threads in the general discussion forum, but all of them together aren't enough to warrant their own subforum-

Honestly, I think a subforum is too much and a whole forum is overkill. It should be fine to just leave it as-is. 

Yes, you can make a topic and keep it updated similarly to the topics in fan translation section. I could either be in general section or maybe even in the fantl/volunteer talk section if you are making it as requests from people, there are some people there who are looking for artists for their VN making projects and such. If it is more like requests for forum signatures or avatars, then general section would fit better though.

We try to have low amount of forums and subforums so it is easy to navigate.

Yes, you can make a topic and keep it updated similarly to the topics in fan translation section. I could either be in general section or maybe even in the fantl/volunteer talk section if you are making it as requests from people, there are some people there who are looking for artists for their VN making projects and such. If it is more like requests for forum signatures or avatars, then general section would fit better though.

We try to have low amount of forums and subforums so it is easy to navigate.

I can understand that. A board with too many forums can be easy to get lost in, so I understand. It's hard to find a medium between "Too many forums; get lost" and "Too little forums; too cluttered" these days.

I'll go ahead and make my thread then, I guess. ^-^ Much appreciated!

the recommendations didnt get one yet, so i think its hard for anything else to get its own subforum here

It just wasn't deemed necessary in the end.

We try to keep subforums to a minimum as stated before.

I also agree that things like this can just be made in a single thread. It's not hard to administrate, there's no need to make a subforum.

Even the MAL forums doesn't have a graphics subforum and there's tons of graphics "shops" anyway.