Muv-Luv Alternate Done Semi-Rant MindBOOM[Spoilers]

SkyKing

Ahhh.... So I  beat the game and remember THAT Sumika part. Well it seems to have left me like "@_@" for awhile and perhaps the worst part about it is that she liked it and was kinda being an ass before showing that. >_>. I don't hate her though..

Perhaps I'm just thinking low but at that point I was like "Eject button~ Magic Mitsurugi Route Please" even though she ended up being violated as well but that didn't affected me as much. Hmm...I just dislike that whole NTR moment..

So I reach the end and smile but still feel like that Sumika(who I cant look at the same), Mitsurugi(s) <3, Kasumi and etc cant replace the other Beta world ones. The fact is....death came to the whole team...Takeru couldn't even keep his memories even though Kasumi kinda seemed like she did..

Then I noticed there are supplements, fables but the best.....the Unlimited Chronicles which I shall look forward to.

Someone talk me out of it! Tell me I'm wrong. Convince me~ 

The whole last act seemed like a huge cop-out to me. Just when the story had an opportunity to get much better, the writer(s?) suddenly seemed to realize that perhaps it was going on for too long and decided to cut it short - explain things in the most convenient and easy way possible, destroy and kill anything that could lead into more story, and then end things off with pretty much undoing the whole VN. :P

Also, I know I'm probably the only one and absolutely crazy, but I liked Sumika more than anyone else in the cast. Even more than Meiya, whose manner of speech and voice annoyed me to no end for some reason. So I liked MLA a lot... before the ending. :x

Nah, the ending is not really a happy ending. Why? Because everything that happened in the MLA-verse, happened. The characters that you cared about? Still dead. Takeru didn't save the world, he only bought mankind 30 or so more years (said by Yuuko at the end) and hell, MLA Takeru might or might not have ceased to exist. It can be kind of a downer ending when you think about it, the final troll of Kouki.

That said, look forward to The Day After :P

Me too I just finished MLA half a hour ago, and I'm intrigued with one particular plot hole. If I understood Yuuko's hypothesis correctly, there are parallel universes, and everything that exists on one universe, exists or at leats existed on the other ones. Then, aren't the BETA supposed to exist in all universes? Then isn't the Takeru's original world at risk too? Of course I could be terribly wrong, Yuuko's explanations are hard to understand...

I'd have to agree that mature Takeru is lost ~_~ BUT I do like when characters rage, Attack on Titan, Gantz(who Takeru looks similar to) and even learning how childish it is..."Tantrums" because I would of been raging most of the time if that Beta world existed irl lol

I feel the whole undoing the VN thing just didn't work for me since its true that the characters we grew to love died and its hard to shake that feeling.

I thought that the Beta were gonna invade Takeru's original world at first...Hm well it could still happen...with him getting his memories back or something but I don't know~

The whole different worlds and time explanation seemed kind of realistic to me and has me thinking about the other selves that I have and if one will be fighting aliens some time soon. >_>

Ahhh.... So I  beat the game and remember THAT Sumika part. Well it seems to have left me like "@_@" for awhile and perhaps the worst part about it is that she liked it and was kinda being an ass before showing that. >_>. I don't hate her though..

Perhaps I'm just thinking low but at that point I was like "Eject button~ Magic Mitsurugi Route Please" even though she ended up being violated as well but that didn't affected me as much. Hmm...I just dislike that whole NTR moment..

So I reach the end and smile but still feel like that Sumika(who I cant look at the same), Mitsurugi(s) <3, Kasumi and etc cant replace the other Beta world ones. The fact is....death came to the whole team...Takeru couldn't even keep his memories even though Kasumi kinda seemed like she did..

Then I noticed there are supplements, fables but the best.....the Unlimited Chronicles which I shall look forward to.

Someone talk me out of it! Tell me I'm wrong. Convince me~ 

I felt her talking about that stuff was to get Takeru to look less of her on purpose as she knew she would be going to die. While she did seem like she enjoyed it I think she felt it necessary to take this approach.

Ah No I didn't mean I disliked the ending. I liked the ending because it felt realistic kind of~

@douggle, I can see that. Sumika would exaggerate such things. Its safe to say that the Beta drugged her with something to make her like it because of how they were able to manipulate her body. Its sad... >_> I don't want Aliens to invade now because I guarantee they'll be doing this.   

I'm just gonna respond to the first post here. I've actually just completed a collaborative discussion article on MLA with some other bloggers, if you're interested in checking that out.

So...first of all, did that scene go too far? Part of me says yes, it really wasn't necessary. However, i'm guessing that scene brought out some pretty strong emotions in you. I know it made me incredibly angry and I don't think that feeling of violation on humanity's behalf would have been conveyed with anything less. I think the question of whether Sumika is somehow made lesser by having ended up enjoying that experience (at the time...definitely not retrospectively) can be answered with the explanation that absolutely any human being, male or female, being manipulated in that way would have felt the same eventually.

It's incredibly scary to think about but the idea that our minds can be molded by the release or injection of particular chemicals is 100% true. Any person exposed to intense amounts of pleasure would become unable to resist it in time. For me, that made the extreme chaos that was Sumika's mind that much more believable and understandable. As for why she was acting the way she did before that story...imagine your childhood friend and crush being torn apart before your eyes and then being subjected to what she was subjected to...and then having a brand new person looking like your childhood friend appearing and saying that they love you. I think anyone would be confused in that situation and what she did was just one way of reacting to that confusion. On top of that, she felt dirty, violated and unlovable because of what the BETA had done. I don't think she was being an ass at all.

Talking about the ending now, I think that feeling that the new characters introduced in Takeru's original world are not able to replace the others that had been lost in the Alternative world is intended. Imagine how Takeru feels knowing that the people laughing and smiling around him have died in horrific ways, how hard it would be to just sit be and accept that everything is over, that he can just go back to living again. It's sort of how I felt after finishing the VN XD While I did find the last act to be a little rushed in places I didn't think is was a bad ending; that final scene in the hive had me on the edge of my seat! It would have been far more out of place for humanity's struggle to suddenly be over with everything ending happily...it just wouldn't have fit in with the rest of Muv-Luv. I do agree about Takeru's reversion back to his previous whiny self, however.

The BETA take up first place in my Hall Of Things I Wish Never To Encounter. Their sheer destructive and adaptive capabilities make them terrifying, before you even consider the experiments they conducted on humanity. When an opponent doesn't even recognize that you are a living organism...horrible, horrible things can happen.

What I'm not satisfied with MLA's ending is the fact that the ending tell us vaguely that what will happen to the MLA universe when Takeru returns "home". Yuuko expected MLA to end in a decade but with Takeru's OS, equations (probably steps to make a quantum computer) and a bunch more, another 2 decades were gained. She also said that the MLA's timeline will go on on it's own and I was kinda hoping some new TSF or tech ("force fields", beam weaponary & etc) will be made within those years. Maybe humanity successfully reclaimed the earth from BETA and next step is to reclaim the moon & mars. As a matter in fact, Yuuko still remembers Takeru after he had left the MLA universe. It's in the early parts of the clip( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNi6G5JpcBs ). 

More importantly, what happened to Gouda from Akane Maniax? He should exist somewhere in MLA, right?

Lol, Gouda. I don't think the writers had intended him for anything more than humor. He definitely should exist in MLA, but remember that bit about the majority of males dying in the war against BETA? He was never mentioned, but it would make sense for him to be killed off before Takeru arrives at that universe. He's kind of an idiot too, so his chances of surviving in combat are pretty low. Poor Gouda~

Lol, Gouda. I don't think the writers had intended him for anything more than humor. He definitely should exist in MLA, but remember that bit about the majority of males dying in the war against BETA? He was never mentioned, but it would make sense for him to be killed off before Takeru arrives at that universe. He's kind of an idiot too, so his chances of surviving in combat are pretty low. Poor Gouda~

I expected Gouda to be sort of "difficult to kill" or maybe, an ace TSF pilot :lol: .In end of Akane Maniax, he transferred out of school into an athletic school. Thus, I assumed, in MLA, he might have transferred from UN army to the Imperial Army or something  :huh: just like how Marimo somehow transferred from UN army to Imperial Army in MLU The Day After (http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Jinguuji_Marimo ). If you watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien / Rumbling Hearts, Takayuki (lead male) was sort of like Takeru at one point, wimpy and such... . The youtube link earlier showed Takayuki piloting a TSF like badass during Hesperus Operation (Yokohama Base). Now, we have 2 weak characters, Takeru & Takayuki which became awesome the moment they were in the MLA universe. Well, if Age is ever gonna use Gouda, they might slot him at the part after Takeru returned "home". This is just my opinion though  :(

The whole thing was just a waste of time to save an unrelated world (which are supposed to be countless) and in the end Takeru lost what little progress he had made towards maturity

Basically, from Yuuko's Quantum Causuality theory, He did not actually lost it. Those experiences that him grow and achieve maturity, they're just floating around in some space unless he returns to that world.Am I right ? :huh:

Beautifully said Silvachief and now that I had a few days to calm down from the events in the game lol. I understand :P you see...for me to personally have such strong emotions about Sumika's experiences is a reflection of something hidden in me. Perhaps I subconsciously feel(understand) as she does violated, something taken away from me, undeserving and etc. I just had a hard time looking at that shadow aspect of myself. Thank you~

Wait.. That Gouda guy was from another game? I had a feeling about that..Perhaps Gouda is fighting the Beta in another universe of his own~

Nightbane112, you're right, those experiences are still hanging around.

The way I seen the whole quantum mechanics and worlds(etc.) is that Takeru's soul has all his memories from ALL worlds. In MLA ending when he was getting all teary eyed at seeing his friends again supports that idea of the memories still being around.

I thought the Alternate timeline was different from the chronicles one which is a continuation of unlimited e_e?? anyway if age really wanted to continue the Alternate they kinda could >_> either from the world Takeru is in now or the one he saved for 20 years more. Of course I'm not sure how good it'll be...

Now I'm imagining the Beta attacking modern day earth and probably having Takeru be in his final college years or something....nvm thinking about it too much.

Now I'm imagining the Beta attacking modern day earth and probably having Takeru be in his final college years or something....nvm thinking about it too much.

Well, at the very least, we'll see Takeru graduate with rest of the gang. Must be from the Altered Fable timeline....  http://5pb.jp/games/muvluv/fm/story/

And seems like they redesigned everyone's sprite....  

• 6 months later...