Unable to click open the Spoiler tag...

moonrabbit

I'm having a little problem with the spoiler tag around the forum. Every time I click on it, I expect something to pop below the message or whatever, and nothing does. Is there anything I need to change in my settings or something in order to enable it? Any help is appreciated. :D

Tested it out in my google chrome installation, spoilers worked fine. Try to access your settings and search for javascript. I sadly have a swedish localized version but it should be under a heading called Secrecy/privacy, and you need to press a button with something like "content settings" on it.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that your browser version is either very old and broken or very new and thus breaking things, heh. I personally seem to be using the newest, though...

Nope! My Java was not updated. My Chrome is updated but just not the Java. I'm not sure why I didn't update it before but... XD anyway, thank you so much. I feel so stupid ^^; But thank you so much!

Edit: Hmm, even though I updated my Java, it's still not showing up. =_=

fwiw, clearing your cache (pressing ctrl + shit + delete) might help. That's really weird tho, why would it.. source: http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?/topic/48084-how-do-you-view-spoiler-tags-with-google-chrome/

I just tried clearing my cache but nothing. It's still not working!

Happend to me aswell a month or two back.

Changed system locale recently?

(stopped working when using chinese locale for me. no clue why at all. but only way it solved itself for me was when i changed back to jp.[also used chrome])

I'm currently on JPN locale right now, actually! But even on the English one (US), it still didn't work! I guess it's okay because I finally have a use for Firefox other than checking web layouts...

Just a quick tip to help troubleshoot this - hit F12, go to the "Console" tab and head to a page with a spoiler, see if an error pops up and try hitting the "Show spoiler" button if it doesn't. Post whatever is displayed there, a screenshot might be easiest.

Will check back in a bit.

Just a quick tip to help troubleshoot this - hit F12, go to the "Console" tab and head to a page with a spoiler, see if an error pops up and try hitting the "Show spoiler" button if it doesn't. Post whatever is displayed there, a screenshot might be easiest.

Will check back in a bit.

Here's my screencap. I only scrolled towards where the error occured. Everything else seems normal.

Linked because the image is kinda big!

Dunno where "Ex.js" is coming from, some kind of user script? Because it seems to break the site's JS, which would explain why the spoilers aren't working.

Check your extensions and user scripts, disable one by one if you're unsure and I'm sure it'll work with one of them disabled.

Dunno where "Ex.js" is coming from, some kind of user script? Because it seems to break the site's JS, which would explain why the spoilers aren't working.

Check your extensions and user scripts, disable one by one if you're unsure and I'm sure it'll work with one of them disabled.

Actually, I wonder it's due to my adblock. It's pretty strong and it has messed up my pages before because of how strong it was (it literally blocked the CSS on my blogspot blog!). Let me add the forums to the whitelist to see if it'll work.

... Nope. I put it on my whitelist and it's still acting up. Here's a list of all the extensions I have currently on my chrome (I've deleted all the inactive ones) - link one and link two~!

• 1 month later...