The story is just beginning, for only I am in the VN loop

Funyarinpa

Hi guys and gals!

I'm 14 and I'm from Turkey. Well, I am currently reading my third ever visual novel, but the second one I read became my favorite "video game" of all time so my respect for this genre is already immense. 

Let's see a short history:

Everything started when I learned about 999:Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors- a DS visual novel in which 9 people have to escape a sinking ship while playing a twisted game called "Nonary Game"(you learn what it means in the game) where you have to solve puzzles, separate and find each other again, and feign death itself.

I had to play using an emulator(the game is unavailable in Europe, let alone Turkey) but it still left a huge impact on me. The characters, setting, story(gameplay, not so much)...

That game has a sequel called Virtue's Last Reward. It's out for 3DS and PS Vita, and it is A-MA-ZING: Another Nonary Game takes place a year later in a facility no one knows the purpose of. However, there is a huge twist: To escape, you must get through a number 9 door which opens only ONCE- and to get it to open, you have to trust these strangers with your life-or betray them. It has incredible puzzles, flawless story, great graphics and incredible voice acting. Near the end, I realized I was laughing hysterically because the plot twists were so good. My favorite game. Ever.

Once I finished that, I researched for the author's other works and I stumbled upon the Infinity series. The most popular and interesting one was Ever17-the story of how 6 strangers got stranded in an underwater theme park deemed to implode in 120 hours. I checked out the others too(Never7 and Remember11) but I decided to read Ever17 first and that is what I am doing right now.

---mini edit- --

I also watched Danganronpa's anime if that counts, couldn't manage to get an emulator working and I don't have PSP or a Vita and I won't for a long time.

---mini edit over---

Nice to meet you all, and may we have many nice days together!

***HUGE EDIT***

I figured that I could tell more about myself... So here it goes:

I love love love rock and metal music- anything and(nearly) everything between Rainbow and Metallica is loved by me.

I have a passion of reading fiction books-mostly teenage fiction(though not much related to romance).

My biggest passion of all: Video games. The best way to have fun in my opinion. My favorite genres: Story-driven FPS&FPSRPG's(Portal, Bioshock, Half-Life, System Shock 2 etc.) and Visual Novels (Zero Escape, Danganronpa), Platformers& Sidescrollers, Indie(Binding Of Isaac, Terraria... etc.) I like Nintendo, though besides my laptop I only have a 3DS and an original DS, I would love to have a Vita.

Otherwise, not much that I dwell in- starting guitar lessons tomorrow though, so I got that going for me, which is nice. Oh, and I love Nutella.

***HUGE EDIT OVER***

Edited by Funyarinpa

Welcome.

You'll find any information you need here, would it be on the forums or by directly asking the members.

Feel free to ask anybody, i'm sure someone will help you with pleasure.

First question : Are you really 14 ? Damn it my cousin is 14 too but there's no way she could write english like that. Impressive ._.

Okay real question, are the VN's you talked about the only ones you have read ?

I'd strongly recommend you to play Clannad.

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome.

You'll find any information you need here, would it be on the forums or by directly asking the members.

Feel free to ask anybody, i'm sure someone will help you with pleasure.

First question : Are you really 14 ? Damn it my cousin is 14 too but there's no way she could write english like that. Impressive ._.

Okay really question, are the VN's you talked about the only ones you have read ?

I'd strongly recommend you to play Clannad.

Enjoy your stay.

First answer: Yes I am, I guess I just have it good with english. Thanks! ^^

Okay really answer: Yes, after Ever17 I will read Never7 and Remember11. Afterwards, I'll check Clannad, thanks! :)

P.S: 

***VLR's Luna end and Ever17's Sora end***

Lie down-

Try not to cry-

Cry a lot

P.P.S: I nearly wrote Dora instead of Sora ._.

P.P.P.S: Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Already sure I'll like it here! ^^