Anime Suggestion. Go.

A second round. 

If you want some more classics: Ai Yori Aoshi (one of the early love-comedy anime series).

Again, for something more recent: Asobi in Ikuyo (ecchi, generally light-hearted, easygoing, mimikko galore)

Again, I probably wouldn't recommend anything light from the last two or three years or so... other than Working! and its sequel. 

If you want something deep then I would suggest Fate/Zero or Neon Genesis Evangelion. Mind you NGE probably won't be winning any best character nominations but I could probably lead seminars on the philosophies in both of them. I would personally pick Fate/Zero out of the two because the character development and ethics are just so well done.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate/Zero

• 3 months later...

I'm bumping this for justice's sake.

Any recommendations?

Harem and SOL are fine. Romance is passable but I prefer rom-coms. Not too much action or gore. Mystery or psychological is fine as long as it's more intellectual than gore. I'm not fond of ecchi or hentai though there is a certain of ecchiness that I can tolerate.

Any recommendations?

Harem and SOL are fine. Romance is passable but I prefer rom-coms. Not too much action or gore. Mystery or psychological is fine as long as it's more intellectual than gore. I'm not fond of ecchi or hentai though there is a certain of ecchiness that I can tolerate.

I'm pretty sure this thread was a thread Ren made when he wanted suggestions, not an overall suggestions thread :P

If you want a tip, the best thread to ask for recommendations in is the "currently watching anime" thread.  Everyone is usually helpful in giving you suggestions of stuff to watch there :)

Also an anime list would help a lot in figuring out your tastes and/or see what you've already watched.

I have a lot of anime to suggest but I don't know what you've already seen and I don't want to paste a ton of anime into here.

Any recommendations?

Ever heard of Demon king Daimao ? It's gory yea but has a great story. If you have not watched it I really think you should.

Ever heard of Demon king Daimao ? It's gory yea but has a great story. If you have not watched it I really think you should.

I'll check it out then.

I'm pretty sure this thread was a thread Ren made when he wanted suggestions, not an overall suggestions thread :P

If you want a tip, the best thread to ask for recommendations in is the "currently watching anime" thread.  Everyone is usually helpful in giving you suggestions of stuff to watch there :)

Also an anime list would help a lot in figuring out your tastes and/or see what you've already watched.

I have a lot of anime to suggest but I don't know what you've already seen and I don't want to paste a ton of anime into here.

Well most forum that I visit have a recommendations thread for everything which is quite nice since all I have to do is search the thread for certain genre.

I haven't updated my list for a while now, prolly 3-4 seasons already. About the currently watching anime thread, I guess I should.

For starters, feel free to throw in any animes you like then I'll give my opinion on how much I like them. I guess that's pretty good for a reference.

Alright, sorry if you've seen all of this

SoL
A Channel

Azumanga Daioh

Hanamaru Youchien 

Kobato

Minami-ke 

Ichigo Mashimaro

Hidamari Sketch

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight

K-on

GJ-Bu

Aaand I'll stop here for now

RomComs with low/no ecchi

Acchi Kocchi

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Inu x Boku SS

MM!

Servant x Service

Yuru Yuri

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

That should do it, I hope you haven't watched at least ONE of these.

Alright, sorry if you've seen all of this

SoL

A Channel

Azumanga Daioh

Hanamaru Youchien 

Kobato

Minami-ke 

Ichigo Mashimaro

Hidamari Sketch

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight

K-on

GJ-Bu

Aaand I'll stop here for now

RomComs with low/no ecchi

Acchi Kocchi

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Inu x Boku SS

MM!

Servant x Service

Yuru Yuri

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

That should do it, I hope you haven't watched at least ONE of these.

Thanks. I'll check I didn't crossed out.

• 3 weeks later...