Clephas' random VN thread

Clephas

Just finished Hapymaher Fragmentation Dream (the fandisc/sequel).  First, this is something of a true sequel, based off of the canon ending to the story.  It wraps up all the loose ends, provides after-stories for the other endings (seen as 'parallel worlds'), and

covers the final parting of Maia and the protagonist.  As well as a 'what if' for if he chooses Maia (a melancholy ending).

Edit: http://vndb.org/v13075 This is what I will play next.  This is another request made of me (I have a list of seventeen VNs from my backlog I'm slated to play and comment on requested by Fuwa members, in addition to my own priorities).

I'll save you some time: Nukige. Utterly unremarkable in any way. Not bad, though, just bland. If you've got something else more interesting to play (which should be most games) go for those instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I have finished playing two of the five paths of Tsuyokiss NEXT, one of the games others requested I try.  As it looks like I need to switch over to the April releases for my game of the month thread, I thought I'd give a bit of a preliminary on it.

First, for those who didn't already know this, Candysoft is a related company to Minato-soft, the game company that made Tsujidou and Majikoi.  However, the Tsuyokiss series, while it retains some of the 'nori' that makes Minato Soft's games so funny at times, is quite different in nature.  For one thing, the first game in the series is such an obvious love-comedy moege that I dropped it after eight hours of play, just as I was exiting the common route.  It wasn't funny enough to make up for the somewhat obvious setting and the fact that I saw and hated the anime, which was told from the point of view of one of the heroines. 

Later Tsuyokiss games supposedly added more power and depth to the characters, but by that time I had no interest in the series whatsoever.  I hadn't intended to play this game at all... ever.

Some of the complaints I had about the original game are still valid.  The game is a bit too plain at times (this is despite the unusual way the school is run), and the humor is of a type that is only funny the first time you see it (I found this true of all the games by this company and its relations).  This company's bad habit is exporting its basic character archetypes between games in the same world, and it shows.  There is even a mini-Tsujidou heroine with the same voice, just to make the connection a little more obvious.  Tsuyokiss doesn't have Majikoi or Tsujidou's conflict focused scenario, and as a result, it falls a little flat in the two heroine paths I played so far (Neko and Kohane).  Neko's path, in particular, is resolved so easily I felt cheated.  As soon as the protagonist gets the girl, things resolve way too smoothly and quickly for my taste, and most of the story seems to about the fall in love aspects of things.  Considering the internal and external conflicts are a large part of what made Majikoi and Tsujidou so interesting (with the contrast between the daily interactions and character dynamics aiding in this), I felt let down. 

Anyone who played Majikoi and/or Tsujidou will probably feel this way, because this game succeeds in reminding the player about them without managing to provide the same type of entertainment.  That's not to say that it wouldn't be a good game to play if you haven't played those games... it would be.  There are far worse options in the moege and charage genre, and if I were able to cut out all relations to the Minato soft games, I would have probably managed to enjoy it moderately, if not greatly.

So, they say the translation of Seinarukana is basically complete. I really enjoyed Aselia, probably because it was one of the first 50 VNs I played, so I was still new to the whole thing.

Any thoughts on the sequel, Clephas?

Story-wise, it is both more traditional and more out there.  The battle system is significantly more refined, but the overall story does suffer somewhat in comparison (from an experienced reader's point of view, Aselia is unique in its beginnings amongst VN stories, with the protagonist starting out as a slave soldier drawn from another world).  It is also a bit harder than the original, heh. 

Also, it is based off of Aselia's ending as the canon ending of the first game, so yes Euphoria is a playable - and powerful - character in the game.  One downside of the way it does the story is that it will confuse those who played the original, at first, because the world they are in differs drastically from that of Aselia's in terms of structure (I won't spoil it).  For those who are worried by this statement, just sit back and relax when you don't quite understand what is going on with the setting, as it will be revealed later. 

Other than Euphoria, there are no other appearances from characters from the first game.

Edit: I will clarify points in PMs for those who finish reading the prologue, but until you have, you won't know what I mean. 

Story-wise, it is both more traditional and more out there.  The battle system is significantly more refined, but the overall story does suffer somewhat in comparison (from an experienced reader's point of view, Aselia is unique in its beginnings amongst VN stories, with the protagonist starting out as a slave soldier drawn from another world).  It is also a bit harder than the original, heh. 

Also, it is based off of Aselia's ending as the canon ending of the first game, so yes Euphoria is a playable - and powerful - character in the game.  One downside of the way it does the story is that it will confuse those who played the original, at first, because the world they are in differs drastically from that of Aselia's in terms of structure (I won't spoil it).  For those who are worried by this statement, just sit back and relax when you don't quite understand what is going on with the setting, as it will be revealed later. 

Other than Euphoria, there are no other appearances from characters from the first game.

It was written by an entirely different staff than Aselia, I believe, and it shows. Aselia was significantly darker and more serious, whereas Seinarukana quickly cleans up any moral ambiguity or dark situations entirely in the protags favor, making it a more childish story over all.

The battle system, I agree, is much improved. A lot more flexability and less grind (usually) also made it more fun in general.

As for other characters from the first game:

Have you forgotten Obaasan already?

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished my second playthrough of Genrin no Kishougun and Ikusa Megami Zero as part of my 'lead up to the remake of the original Ikusa Megami' marathon. 

A few thoughts on IMZ:  There are a lot of reasons I love this game... but perhaps the biggest reason I favor it is because of the sheer depth of the story.   A protagonist's experiences over the course of almost two hundred years, with experiences ranging from simple love, the depths of madness, and amnesia.  This game has a great cast of characters... primarily centered around the protagonist, Satia, and Haishiera.  Satia and the protagonist make a great couple, for how long it lasts, and Haishiera is one of my favorite Eushully characters... a berserk demon-god who loves a good fight.  The story itself is VN-rpg fare on a grand scale, showing the protagonist's growth into his role and the horrors that follow him around throughout the first stages of his long existence.  The battle system is a straightforward grid turn-based system, with a few twists (like your sword being able to hit multiple times based on your hit% and hit number, and the area-of-effect for spells and weapons).  You upgrade your skills - both weapon and tech/magic - through (rather obviously) using the related spells or weapons.  Everybody but the protagonist (whom you can grow as you wish) auto-levels when they level up.  The protagonist also has a number of times throughout the game when he automatically powers up, regardless of level, gaining huge boosts to stats.  One huge problem is that most of your allies are summoned by the protagonist, and if he is defeated they are automatically sent home, which can be a serious downer in some of the late-game boss battles. 

Genrin no Kishougun:  To be honest, this game is horribly dated, as is its sequel.  The tracks are iffy at best, the visuals are dated, and the writing is second-class compared to more recent Eushully games.  If you want to skip to Verita, there is a free mini-VN that contains the story for this game and its sequel that you can download from the Eushully website.  This has a Fire Emblem-like battle system (along with the all-hated permadeath) with a few major exceptions... the protagonist summons his allies around him and they can go back into his dimensional pocket whenever you want them to on their turn, if you can move them next to him.  He can also put whatever items he wants from the party inventory into his own, which is a huge advantage if he is isolated and you need to keep spamming healing items.  Overall though... the speed with which the game forces you to progress makes the difficulty level of this game punishing, with not nearly enough time or places to grind levels.  The last few battles are seriously painful, even if you do have a solid party.

Just finished Genrin no Kishougun 2, the second game of that series.  My thoughts on this game are far more positive than they were for the first game.  While the visuals are only slightly improved in comparison to the previous game, the battle system is more refined (at the cost of battles lasting longer near the end, because characters have more HP) and the story is both much larger and better written.  To be honest, playing this game made me wonder 'How could they have made so much better a game in so short a time?'.  I'd really suggest you just play Eien no Ikusa Hime to see the story for the first game, then just jump into this one. 

Similar to the first game, you are given a very limited time between battles for interaction between the characters, recruitment, purchases, and grinding.  As a result, it is very easy to end up completely screwed over in terms of fighting power if you fail to use those turns effectively to power up your units.  The shortage of crests for class changes also harms you greatly as the game goes by, though in the late game you can go to the secret shop for more of them. 

This game falls into the trap of 'too many endings for a long game' in that there is an ending for every single female recruitable character, as well as a chaos and a law ending.  The law ending corresponds to a 'good' ending, and it is suitably touching and overall emotionally empowering.  You can guess what the chaos ending is like, lol.

One huge plus, if you don't want to fight and just want the story (I played it because I needed to be able to evaluate it) is that you can make the battles skippable using the 2.0 patch (I think so, but am not quite sure that this is what does it).  This lets you just watch the story, the recruitment events, etc. without having to bother with the battles, which become really tedious after a while, especially when the story gets good toward the end.

Edit:  Now, on to Ikusa Megami Verita!  lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, just finished my first playthrough of Verita.  I did the Light route out on my first playthrough and am aiming for the True History route on my second way through. 

First, the gameplay.  Visually, it is greatly improved from the previous game, with actual graphics for the spells, lol.  The actual battles haven't changed all that much, save for the inclusion of specialized support characters and the ability to summon certain creatures/people has changed so that they basically support your party from the rear with attacks and spells.  However, the growth part of the game has changed a bit more... for one thing, you not only have to use a type of magic over and over to increase that magic path's level, but you also have to max out the individual skills/spells in a path to open up the next, even if you have the necessary skill-type level to access them.  This makes leveling up your magic more time consuming than in Zero, and it is one of the aspects of the game that makes it something of a grind.  Yes, this game has a lot more grinding than you saw in Zero, not the least of which is because you are pretty much forced to reach a certain level of power and then even it out across the various characters, due to the fact that enemies have a minimum level, then grow in level to a certain cap based on your characters' levels.  On the plus side, the 'hagure majin' in this game are much easier than they were in Zero, though they are still not easy, and you can capture them using the 'hobaku' skill in Celica's and Karian's Tantric Magic skill trees.  The downside is that you have to get to a pretty high level in order to get the final stage of that skill (with Celica it was around 350...).  For fans of Zero, Naberius, Rita, Haishiera, and Luna Clear are playable characters (Haishiera only with the 2.0 patch and having completed the extra game beforehand).  New game plus lets you keep all your characters, their levels, basic alchemy shop level, Ragil Shop levels, non-key items (including the versions of Haishiera's sword and armor) and turn off random encounters (which I'm doing, since if I need to grind, I can just use the search function on the pop-up menu), and change the battle difficulty (which ranges from normal to enemy strength times five). 

For the story... one thing anyone who is considering playing this game should consider is that this game is incomprehensible without having played Zero and at least read Eien no Ikusa Hime (it comes along with the first append disc or can be downloaded from the official site for free) if you don't want to push through the Genrin games.  The story is based right after Genrin 2, and it is based off of the Law-leaning but not perfect Law end (anyone who played Genrin 2 should know what I'm talking about and what that changes).  You switch between Celica's and Louis's perspectives and parties throughout the story.  The Light path... is basically what happens if Louis tips his own life-view and politics towards benefiting the Temples of Light and their gods, rather than remaining neutral (True History).  This dramatically effects the ending, and it changes which of two characters that join his party (the naga-like angel Monalka for Light, a slightly psychotic and foolish demon for True History and Darkness).  It also saves the life of a certain character that dies in both of the other paths, which was my main reason for choosing it.  As for quality... it is above-average for Eushully (certainly better than Kamidori), though the need to grind weakens the story more than it did in Zero.  Remember, this game is basically the in-between for Zero and the Genrin games and the original series and their remake/s.  It has a huge story that is pretty long, and that story is as dramatic as you could hope.  Celica... is very similar to how Celica was in the last parts of Zero leading up to the final battle, except slightly less emotional. 

The power of the Goddess Astraea and the nature of her body basically flattens his emotions and blots out memories, fading them rapidly. It is rare for him to have intense emotion, though he tends to act in a virtuous manner when moved by emotion that isn't rage, lol.

.  I won't spoil it for you, but certain adversaries that will cause various reactions from Zero make a return, one of them as a major endgame antagonist.  Also, you get to see how one of the extra characters from Kamidori got born (though she is one not directly related to the story).  Incidentally, the routes are decided very early in the game, and the actual story-split is a certain event in the eight chapter right before you head into the final chapter, which alters everything after that point.

Now... on to the True History route.

If you want to skip to Verita, there is a free mini-VN that contains the story for this game and its sequel that you can download from the Eushully website.

Sure GnK1 is not good game, but "novellization" is outright worse. They just chopped GnK1 art into retarded small pieces and then joined ADV-parts together into NVL form.

Hacking levels of units and turns is much wiser solution, at least you get full CGs and tachies.

lol, then you should provide a trainer... the first game was too painful... 

Edit:  Genrin 1 needs a remake even more than the original Ikusa Megami games did... for one thing, that time limit that is hanging over your head from the very beginning is...

GnK1 uses different engine than other Eushully games, and it can be easily hacked with Artmoney or CheatEngine, there's no encoding or anti-cheating mechanisms.

As for time limit, dunno, there's no stuff to do between story battles anyway. Only thing which I found really damn annoying — lack of any indication whether there's event at location or not. And if you miss some events, you get non-canon evil route.

None of that novellization stories have voices or full CGs. Basically, its released for FREE for those who don't want to buy Zero/GnK1/GnK2, and it doesn't make much sense to those who pirate games. Didn't compare Zero with it text-wise tho.

I'd play Zero, regardless.  Skipping the first Genrin is forgiveable, because it isn't really playable by today's standards, lol.

Edit:  One more piece of advice... definitely update the game to 2.0 and play the extra scenario before starting the game.  This gives you four extra characters from the very beginning and lets you access the Maid Card system from the start, thus letting you get the four Eushully girls in your party.  If you want to do the Darkness route or just want more characters to use on Celica's and Louis's routes early in the game, they can be a serious advantage.  Haishiera, in particular, is very effective, as she possesses a powerful physical attack tree, an earth magic tree, and a 'Pure' magic tree, which uses pure energy attacks (and that very few enemies in the game have resistances to).  Seeing as Louis party is all physical attacks early in the game, having three characters with powerful magic available (Irina being useless, mostly) is a huge help.

I finished the True History path of Verita... and here are some of my thoughts.

The story is immensely different - longer, more detailed - than that of the Light path, the last bosses are a lot harder (theoretically, as I was max-leveled across the board), and the sheer power of the story, especially seeing how it leads directly into the original and its remake's story, is intense for a fan of the series.  Seeing Celica, as he begins to show something resembling humanity in is interaction with his apostles toward the end, is both heartwrenching and somehow beautiful (understand, if you haven't played Zero, you probably won't be hit as hard by this).   In some ways, the Light path was simply a 'kinder' ending, but the True History path is much more powerful, giving real weight to what was occurring, not the least for the knowledge that it feeds directly into the original game.  Also, if you don't dislike the Temples of Light in general by the end of this game (if you didn't already dislike them in Zero or the Genrin games), you'll come to truly despise them midway through the endgame of the True History, lol.

I'll be digging into this month's releases briefly before I return to my marathon (continuing with the Darkness path twice, then the remake of the original).  However, feel free to use my thread here:  https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/4993-ikusa-megami-verita-advice/  if you want to play the game yourself.

Also, avoid the supposed 'interface patch' like the plague.  It is completely worthless, not the least because they left the translation to a machine.

Also, if you don't dislike the Temples of Light in general by the end of this game (if you didn't already dislike them in Zero or the Genrin games), you'll come to truly despise them midway through the endgame of the True History, lol.

Well, its more like Marsterria and his two buddies than whole light camp.

イーリュン is cool goddess, for example, even tho her followers are a bit freakish (in kinda good way).

Memoria and esp its NG+ story goes even more deep explaining how fucked up Marsterria is.

After finishing Golden Marriage, I did a speed run of Verita's Louis Darkness ending.  To be honest... it was boring.  I don't understand why they added it in in the first place.  Also, it is full of spoilers for the later chronology, which kind of made me angry.  I mean, it kind of seems cool at first... until you get to the last part, where it starts throwing out blatant spoilers and Louis turns kind of stupid as well as Dark Lord-ish.  In the last few scenes, in particular, he was... annoying. 

Is it worth it?  Not really.  The bosses are slightly harder, there is an annoying special dungeon during the final chapter, and it spoils you for parts of the remake and Ikusa Megami II.  I really wish I'd just ignored it. 

I guess it is because of the high quality of the Light and True History endings... but I expected something better than this. 

I'm about halfway through Tenbin no La Dea ~Ikusa Megami Memoria~ and I thought I'd give my thoughts on

the basic game system, staying away from story for now.

First, the actual menu system looks like a half-assed attempt to simplify jrpg menus, and it is kind of hard to master at first.   First of all, unlike previous games, where you could access all menus with a single right click and choose which one you wanted from there, this one uses a menu that is constantly available on the left side of the screen.  Normally, this would only be a minor annoyance, but considering the fact that there are areas with traps in them or where the story can start advancing a step or two later - basically places where accidental movement can be a problem -  and the fact that you can move by left clicking and holding the button down... it is a rather clunky system. 

As for battles... to an extent, the effort to streamline the battle system works, as it lets you choose spells and items which are automatically locked in for use each time you click on that option.  When gathering treasure and rare items to sell, this is great because it lets you use Valefor's max-treasure hunting tech each battle without going to search for it.  In regular battles (against non-bosses), it is very helpful, because it lets you set your area attacks in advance, meaning it simplifies the process.  In exchange... it can be an annoying system in battle, because the actual menu you choose from has multiple pages, meaning it can be frustrating to set the magic/tech you need to fight a particular boss. 

Visually in battle, the sprites are on a whole other level from previous games.  Rather than the chibis you see in Zero and Verita, you get scaled models of both your characters and enemies, and the effect is overall rather nice.  In addition, since Celica actually has a voice in battle (though not in the story sections), he doesn't get left out when fighting. 

So far, the most useful characters I've managed to get have been Celica (duh), Shuri (the game's only healer, thus a permanent resident of my battle party), and Valefor.  Valefor is both a decent physical fighter and the game's thief character.  Since you get her early, it is rather easy to gather treasure from battle.  Most of the other characters I've gotten so far definitely have a down side to them in some situations (Kaura's inherent weakness to magical attacks makes her a liability in boss battles sometimes, I can't get Liliem's best phys attacks yet - which means she is stuck as a half-assed fighter for the moment -, Metasina suffers from 'useless against bosses' syndrome, and Roka is mostly powerful against demons, though she is also fairly effective against other enemies (she is like a weaker version of Celica in some ways). 

I recommend you go with the Merchants Association all the way on your first playthrough, though you should save Alicia from the bandits and other positive-leaning Musk Association events that effect character recruitment and the creation of new shops in town.  Most importantly, you need to make sure that you get Saria turned into a disciple on your first playthrough, for various skill, character, and story-related reasons.  That means that supporting the Musk Association on your first playthrough is not really an option, as if you support them in certain missions, Saria's events get cut off, which effects certain character stories from developing and certain of Shuri's skills from being unlocked. 

To be honest, this game's story requires way too much micromanagement of events for my taste, and since they effect skill-unlocking, this can be very annoying.

Edit:  I can't emphasize enough how much richness and depth knowledge from Zero and Verita adds to this game.  I really, seriously, suggest avoiding playing this game if you haven't played those two, as the chronology is direct and the story isn't really independent, despite what some people think. 

Edit2:  Forgot about skills.  Basically you have this grid that you can access from the upper left corner of the screen that allows you to obtain character skills and abilities by expending points gained in battles and through missions from the mission board.  Since most of the skills are opened to activation by defeating bosses, saving certain people from death/rape, and having certain people join your party, how you progress in the story effects how powerful you can become.  In particular, the upper limit of the levels you can gain is determined by passing certain events and defeating certain bosses, which means if you don't go after the extra events, there is a chance you might not be powerful enough to defeat certain bosses without getting desperate.  Still, the actual obtainment of the characters' combat techs and spells is much easier and less time-consuming than in Zero or Verita, which is a huge help... but it also means that you might NEVER get full access to a full character's techs in your first playthrough (other than the ultimate ones only available on second playthrough) if you don't complete certain events and dungeons.

Just finished this game, got the Abelus ending...   and here are my thoughts on the overall story.

A huge difference between this game and Zero and Verita (besides the gameplay differences mentioned above) is that it is on a far smaller scale (the entire story goes on in a single small region around a port town) and most of your time is going to be spent in a single massive labyrinth (there are other dungeons, but they are small and usually only exist for a single event).  Another difference is that it is far harder to control which ending you get, at least in part because some of the endings (Katchua's and Roka's) require a ridiculous amount of micromanagement to achieve.  This is because both can only be achieved under very specific conditions, which include adjusting the influence of the Musk and Merchant Associations by your choices and what side-missions you complete.  Considering how clunky the basic menus are, this addition was more than a little irritating (the way Verita set the path so early in the game was far more pleasant) and it takes away from the story flow, because of the need to manage those aspects of the game.

Now, for the positive elements... the character events and the overall story.  It is directly linked to the events at the end of the True History route of Verita, and one of the ongoing antagonists of the series both makes an appearance and is a usable character (though only through a rather annoying process in an even more annoying dungeon, with certain events activated beforehand).  To be honest, this was the most touching part of the game, for me, at least in part because I've seen the process of that antagonist along with Celica throughout the series.  Just like in Verita, Marsterria's negative influence is very much in evidence (I really, really hate that religion), and what problems aren't caused by the central antagonist of the story or the ongoing series antagonist are caused by this temple's meddling.  In addition, getting to see how Shuri has grown (from the virtual mute she was in Verita, to a mild-mannered and kind-hearted servant girl) and the introduction of Celica's fourth human disciple bring a greater richness to the overall cast of the series that drew me in further. 

However, as I said, the scale of events in this game is far lower than in the prequels.  Part of this is that the events only span a year (as opposed to the centuries that passed in Zero and Verita), and part of this really is because you spend so much time plunging down into that labyrinth.  In addition, the clunkiness of the menus also applies to the inventory, which can get seriously hard to deal with when your number of random weapons passes a hundred and you have no way to effectively scroll through them to plan strategy without actually trying to equip them. 

Overall, my opinion of this game is that it is a good dungeon-crawler VN-rpg, reliant on you knowing the story for Zero and Verita to truly enjoy, but the new gameplay aspects (both the menu issues and the event micromanagement) are seriously problematic.  It also left me hungry for the series conclusion (hopefully a remake of IM2 will be coming out next year, lol), if only because, while it was emotionally satisfying, the way Celica develops in the story makes me want to know how they'll redo the last entry in his story. 

Just finished my second playthrough (Roka's ending).  There are two points I'll touch on here.

1.  The difference made by the path choice.

2.  The difficulty of the EX Dungeon

First, the only real difference made by the path choice is in the epilogue, after the credits (the epilogue is very short).  Apparently, there are also a few extra lines for Catchua's ending before the prologue, but that isn't much to add onto it.  Considering the sheer amount of mental energy it takes to keep track of the factors necessary to get the different endings, it was something of a letdown to realize how little I was getting for that effort.

The difficulty of the EX Dungeons is... fairly high, I would say.  If you want to be able to survive, you need a minimum level of 160 for all your characters you use in battle, decent equipment (especially a fully upgraded Full Mars accessory for each character you plan to use) and Valefor as part of your battle party for her ability evade (stripped of her armor for the karuwazashi skill's evasion boost and with Full Mars accessory and anti-death accessory).  Once these conditions are set... you are ok for playing through the EX dungeons on normal difficulty.  If you want to do it on hard or insane... well, that's your business.  I'm not even going to try, because getting attacked every five steps is just way too annoying when there are so many really long levels to get through before you get to the last boss.

You can get the Full Mars accessory 100% as a drop from the treasure slime (rare encounter) on the third basement of the abandoned mine (main dungeon) early in the game when the goddess gauge is above the halfway point using Valefor's highest treasure-hunting skill.  I would farm them until you have a minimum of 5, preferably 10 (for insurance).  You get Valefor shortly after you can get Liliem, and I really suggest you max her bandit skills as soon as possible, because that is going to be your gold mine for the entirety of the game (selling off the non-usable treasure you get from using it at the beginning of battle).

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished replaying http://vndb.org/v11686 by Rosenbleu, and here are a few thoughts.

1.  Like all Rosenbleu games, this game is hilarious.  I've literally never encountered a Rosenbleu game that didn't make me burst out laughing at least once.

2.  Great heroines:  Mikoto and Miyabi especially are extremely good as heroines (not to diss Asuka or Shizune... but those two were my favorites).  Mikoto's 'kogitsune' mode when she's in love with the protag is... ridiculously cute.  So much so that I broke one of my rules and actually fell in love with a loli for a second time.  Miyabi... is just rofl.  If it weren't for the sub-character Shiroko's antics, you'd think she was yandere, but she's just really, really fixated on the protagonist.

3.  Here's the downside... this game is way too short.  This is Rosenbleu's one bad habit.  Their games are even shorter than some straight moege (though they compress more into that time than most of those).  In addition, the epilogues don't really do any of the heroines justice (god, they are like fifty lines...).  Worse, Mikoto's and Asuka's routes are rather anticlimactic in comparison to Miyabi's and Shizune's, because of a difference in focus (the latter two are focused more on the protag's problems and the story that springs from that, but that story isn't properly addressed in either Mikoto or Asuka's routes). 

Overall?  It's a really amusing game with a letdown ending and individual paths.  It's more lighthearted, overall, than even the Tiny Dungeon games. 

Just finished replaying http://vndb.org/v11686 by Rosenbleu, and here are a few thoughts.

1.  Like all Rosenbleu games, this game is hilarious.  I've literally never encountered a Rosenbleu game that didn't make me burst out laughing at least once.

2.  Great heroines:  Mikoto and Miyabi especially are extremely good as heroines (not to diss Asuka or Shizune... but those two were my favorites).  Mikoto's 'kogitsune' mode when she's in love with the protag is... ridiculously cute.  So much so that I broke one of my rules and actually fell in love with a loli for a second time.  Miyabi... is just rofl.  If it weren't for the sub-character Shiroko's antics, you'd think she was yandere, but she's just really, really fixated on the protagonist.

3.  Here's the downside... this game is way too short.  This is Rosenbleu's one bad habit.  Their games are even shorter than some straight moege (though they compress more into that time than most of those).  In addition, the epilogues don't really do any of the heroines justice (god, they are like fifty lines...).  Worse, Mikoto's and Asuka's routes are rather anticlimactic in comparison to Miyabi's and Shizune's, because of a difference in focus (the latter two are focused more on the protag's problems and the story that springs from that, but that story isn't properly addressed in either Mikoto or Asuka's routes). 

Overall?  It's a really amusing game with a letdown ending and individual paths.  It's more lighthearted, overall, than even the Tiny Dungeon games. 

I kinda get how long it is if you're saying it's shoter than your average moege, but exactly how short is this one? I kinda know your reading speed, so saying how many hours you took would be helpful already. Since one of the heroines was good enough to make you fall in love with her, I'm trying this one just for the sake of it.