Best VN You've Ever Played

Zenophilious

Definitely School Days for me.

nope.  Couldn't keep a straight face.

Probably Steins;Gate.  I'm not overly fond of the Phone Trigger system, but the actual story, the sciencey details and the romance sans embarrassing H-Scenes really makes it stand out in my mind.  Plus Makise Kurisu is awesome.

I might have to go with Clannad as well, if only for the sheer amount of routes it had - and all the times it made me cry like a baby. :D It was also one of my first VNs, so that has quite something to do with it.

Story wise though, I'd have to go for something like Umineko instead... yeah, I can't pick a favourite. :D

I guess Little Busters would be my favorite one because I loved almost every character in there and Refrain just made me cry for an exeptional long time.

If Michiru's/Sakaki's routes would have been better I guess Grisaia no Kajitsu would also be on the same level as LB!. ...

Definitely School Days for me.

nope.  Couldn't keep a straight face.

Probably Steins;Gate.  I'm not overly fond of the Phone Trigger system, but the actual story, the sciencey details and the romance sans embarrassing H-Scenes really makes it stand out in my mind.  Plus Makise Kurisu is awesome.

The infodumps were fantastic. I really got into them. The phone trigger system wasn't nearly as annoying as the delusion trigger system for me.

Mine's Narcissu because it's the first VN I've ever played, and it happened to be damn good as well. If I started off with a far inferior VN, I might have stopped there and never read another one!

I'm a little weird in that way; my first VN was Katawa Shoujo, but my current favorite is Hoshimemo.  I love KS, but it just didn't affect me the way that Hoshimemo did.

If I had to choose one I'd be Muv Luv Alternative.

Muv-Luv Alternative is a high one for me as well. What I didn't like about it was

The ending, simply because that ending seemed like a cheesy way to destroy everything that was being built up throughout the ENTIRE visual novel. If they had just kept his memories it would've been nice. He would be all-over Sumika and Alternative making her the true heroine would've added closure.

It'll have to be Clannad. Brilliant writing, astounding music, amazing collection of routes, heartwarming, intense, and sad when it wants to be.

I usually rate VNs by their emotional impact.

Very, very close runner ups include Steins;GateLittle Busters!, and Kara no Shoujo, in that order.

Rewrite was too incohesive and dragged out for me, probably because it's written by 3 different people, none of whom are Jun Maeda.

MLA is up there for me as well... however i will never get

THIS

out of my head

You ever heard the term "manly tears?" Well there was nothing manly about the tears I shed that day.

As for a favorite, I think I will have to go with Grisaia no Kajitsu. Everything about it was amazing. The tension in all of the routes always had me wanting more to the point that I couldn't stop reading. Though I will give mention Muv-Luv Alternative for being the first VN to make me cry in ages.