Visual Novel Games You Liked Unexpectedly But Still Never Finished

Gahaha

Hi, I'm just curious if anyone has a visual novel like this. For me It's Aliumundi Dark Alchemist I even got past the mostly bl thing because the story was so damn good. But, there is a game breaking bug that literally makes it impossible to clear all the routes. So yes that is Mine

if finished means a 100% completion (for the gameplay VNs) then i havnt finished a single one yet. cant be bothered with that 100% stuff, not even on rance games. i rather do the NG+ very casualy a few times and do what i feel like doing

This is the same for me. Not just for visual novels for, but for things like anime and stuff too. I honestly only completely finish about 50% of the visual novels and anime I have watched. It's not that I have a short attention span, I just end up finding something better and forget about what I was originally reading/watching.

well i do finish it and most of the routes, i just dont bother with all tha extra stuff and details

Kyonyuu Fantasy. I just wanted to try at least one dumb nukige, and it ended up being surprisingly entertaining, even story-wise. I am planning to finish some routes eventually, but there's at least one I can see myself never doing.

EDIT: Oh, Muv Luv would be a more normal example. I actually liked the humor a lot and the story was passable for a slice-of-life thing, but I found the characters mostly unlikeable - so even if I finished the two main routes and suffered through the unexpectedly bad Ayane route, I will never be coming back for any of the other characters. Same for Unlimited, one route was enough for me (and that extra end).

thanks for your inputs and yeah i meant 100 percent lol I always try to finish a novel even if i find it messed up or boring,  IF only because I know how hard it is to write something. As my taste in Novels is basically anything I have read my fair share of both romantic stuff and to put it politely. and in one case seriously Mind screw stuff.

Well, reading only what you like is a perfectly normal response lol I fully accept I am abnormal in that regard.  It's Just as a struggling writer I read absolutely everything not to steal idea's outright but to help me decide how i would like to write my own book/what to avoid. It's still my own story in my words. but, I borrow character traits from many works. lol

I only did Lily, Hanako, and a little over half of Rin's route in Katawa Shoujo before I stopped because of computer problems (read: dead pixels on over half my laptop screen). I even downloaded the game onto my new laptop back when I bought it in July, but I still haven't finished it. I do plan to eventually, for sure, but I have a lot of other VNs piled up too, so who knows when I'll finish it?

Well, reading only what you like is a perfectly normal response lol I fully accept I am abnormal in that regard.  It's Just as a struggling writer I read absolutely everything not to steal idea's outright but to help me decide how i would like to write my own book/what to avoid. It's still my own story in my words. but, I borrow character traits from many works. lol

ur a writer? nice :D

on that note i can relate to a bit,when i'm given essays to write usually if its an unusal topic i copy many character traits,storyline and other stuff from VNs animes and stuff. Got me As actually xD

Heh, Nice man Had I thought of that I would of likely done much better in school.  Ah screw it I'm such a good mood I'm just going to admit it I didn't even know really how to read good until age 13 or 14. I owe my writing aspirations to J-rpg's and Visual Novels.

I would make my current work either one of those if I could. But, A normal book is far easier. if the series ever takes off though. and does half as good as something like lets say Harry Potter.

I'm intending to allow fans to create additional side stories/games or whatever about my world so Long as they mention my name and give me a portion of the sales. I need money yet I also want this book to become its own world someday. so that's my middle ground lol :)

Back in 2008 or 2009, I read every single route in Clannad except for Nagisa (half way done) and After Story. I ended out completing those two routes in 2012 OTL.

Also, another one is Ef. I loved the visuals and the presentation style but I ended out putting in on the bottom of my current vns to read after I watched the anime..

Heh, Nice man Had I thought of that I would of likely done much better in school.  Ah screw it I'm such a good mood I'm just going to admit it I didn't even know really how to read good until age 13 or 14. I owe my writing aspirations to J-rpg's and Visual Novels.

I would make my current work either one of those if I could. But, A normal book is far easier. if the series ever takes off though. and does half as good as something like lets say Harry Potter.

I'm intending to allow fans to create additional side stories/games or whatever about my world so Long as they mention my name and give me a portion of the sales. I need money yet I also want this book to become its own world someday. so that's my middle ground lol :)

heh well i can see that ur following ur dream thats always nice

Good luck with it,hopefully one day success will find u :D

Hoshizora no Memoria once I got past how annoying the sister is it was pretty good, I guess I just didn't get around to reading the last route.

Sister might be the most annoying character ever dont think I will ever finish that VN.

Also Little busters! did the Kurugaya Rin and Refrain routes but skipped the rest because I didn't have much free time when I was originally playing it and never went back