Dream of the Stars Kickstarter

BookwormOtaku

That 10 year old girl doesn't look 10.. OR 13..

I like lolis that look like lolis thank you very much. 

Not a big fan of the art and I wouldn't feel comfortable at all donating knowing 50% of the funds raised go to developing more art like that.

It just feels very cartoonish and with minimal detail.

This is probably something you could sell well on Android/iOS. 

Feels more fitting for those platforms than on PC.

personally, i like the art. a lot. and honestly, i've seen people support projects with art that wasn't even CLOSE to this quality (hint hint the original higurashi and umeneko, where the art was HORRIBLE and flat)

and considering, as a sort of artist myself, i know how long it takes to draw basically anything and the artist for this is drawing EVERYTHING, i can see how 50% of the funds would go to the art. i'd like to see anyone here draw ALL OF THE ART for a visual novel and NOT ask for at least 50% of the funds.

I agree image is everything when it comes to VNs and the characters just don't look very pleasing to the eye.

Nope, I disagree. Take out art and you'll still have a game worth playing. Take out the writing and all you have is a gallery.

The most impressive thing about this kickstarter is the samples of polished writing they've shown. I get sick of all the VNs going around with pretty artwork and garbled english.

Unfortunately, it's hard to deny that most people do immediately judge a game based on its visuals. I try to fight it, but I'm just like anybody else, and I definitely do, at least to some degree.

Think of a visual novel you love. Replace those pretty sprites with stick figures. How's the writing now? If it's still good (be honest), then it's actually a good story.

In any case, at least these guys are only asking for 9K XD.