What's the worst anime you've seen?

Nosebleed

Why isn't there a thread for this? 

Anyway the title is self descriptive. Have you ever been really hyped for an upcoming anime or you hear something about an already finished one and you eagerly start watching it and then you realise how bad it is and you feel really disappointed that you even wasted time on it? That's the kind of show i'd like to ask you about.

What was for you the worst anime or the anime that disappointed you the most?

Some rules before you post:

• No hating on other people's opinions.
  • Although not mandatory, try to explain why you hate a show properly.
  • No hentai (inb4 Boku no Pico) We all know 99% of hentai anime is bad.
  • Every other genre outside of hentai is okay (ecchi included)
  • The anime must be at least 20 minutes long per episode (just to avoid those really tiny shows that aren't even worth mentioning) 
  • OVA/ONA/Specials are acceptable as long as they meet the previous rule.
  • Anime movies are okay too
  • You can post as many anime as you'd like. 
  • Despite how bad you think a show is please put any spoilers in a spoiler tag.
  • The plural of anime is anime
  • Flat is justice

Now then. As far as me I usually tend to thoroughly inspect a show before watching it so I know i'll like it but this is harder to do on on-going series and thus i have had encounters with some really bad stuff. And my no drop policy also enforces me to hate it even more because I need to watch it until the end.

So far for me some shows that are worth mentioning here are:

Coppelion

This thing was for me an absolute train wreck. There was no point in it whatsoever at any moment, ever. It started off with a promising setting of an abandoned radioactive city and then the whole show just plunges downhill with useless characters (this includes the protagonist) and useless antagonists and a ridiculous story line with 0 depth to it that not only was super predictable, but was also utterly boring. The finale was anti climatic and cliché. And the only character i ever actually appreciated freaking died. Way to completely destroy an interesting premise Coppelion.

This show is not only radioactive as far as the story goes, but it will definitely cause you to lose brain cells as well.

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou

Remember Madoka Magica? Now imagine a really bad copy of it with overused elements and a cliché storyline and god awful characters. And then throw it in a blender and step on it some more. Then you get Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou.

This show tries so hard to be "dark" and "dramatic" that it's pathetic. I felt no empathy for any of the characters at any point and probably wouldn't mind if they all died. 

The story once again is cliché as hell despite being some sort of mahou shoujo anime. It's also barely explained with near 0 backstory to it and when you finally understand the premise behind the whole show (aka why bad things are happening) you will probably laugh out loud at how stupid it is. It was original I give them that but originaly doesn't always mean good and in this case it was terrible.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren

People who've been following the winter anime discussion already know how disappointed I am at this.

When you have such a nice foundation such as the first season of Chuu2Koi where you could develop a more serious and romantic relationship for the main couple that everyone wanted to see, and then you throw that completely out the window and go back to square 1 in season 2, it feels like you're spitting in your fans' faces.

This show turned back into the way it was when the first season started, with Rikka and her autism and Yuuta still being a total dense wimp.

After 6 months of dating he finally asks Rikka to hold hands.. ASKS. This is not how a couple is supposed to be! And then a kiss on the cheek after some episodes. ON THE CHEEK.

Even the side characters comment on how stupid this is. 

Every other character outside of the main couple makes this show good and then the main couple ruins it. That's not how you're supposed to make a story go like. I've been cheering for Satone ever since she was introduced and I've seen a lot of people already hating on rikka's stupidity and finally coming to their senses that this is enough, the story needs to move forward and have some seriousness to it as far as the romantic plot goes. Chuu2Koi Ren is not giving us any of that. Luckily we have the side characters and their antics to keep us somewhat interesting. But the main plot is definitely the worst part of the entire show.

I could probably rant for some more anime but I think 3 is good enough for a starting post. I'm interested to see how many other people have come across something they really hated to watch.

Angel Beats

I'll catch some heat for this one, but angel Beats simply wasn't very good. It has a lot of potential to be good with the VN, but the anime was horribly paced, and too often, the writing would lay down a rule for the world, only to break it 5 minutes later. Everyone excuses it because "I cry errytyme" but the decent enough ending was not enough to redeem the show's bi-polar disorder it seemed to suffer from (jarring changes in tone and storytelling). And don't give me the "it was supposed to be longer." I critique what I have. Not what I could have had. 

Kyoukai no Kanata

This one from KyoAni started off decent enough, but as the show went on, the plot went no where. At the end of the show, the writers realized 2 episodes remained and crammed everything into the final hour. Sadly, even what they crammed in was bad. The antagonist has no reason for doing what he is doing (Not even kidding. He literally never states why he is doing what he is doing), and certain protagonists also do a complete 180 degree turn on how their character acts. Add in a wasted (though funny) episode about pop idols, and an under explored world, you end up with a very well animated show that fails in just about every other aspect.

FLCL

I've come up with better, and deeper (heh) dick jokes. A train wreck of a show that plays off such deep themes as penis size and puberty with about as much grace as a bull in a China shop. Characters were generally unlikable as well.

OreImo

What started off as a funny show descended into a creepy story line involving a high school boy romancing middle school girls, one of whom is his sister (name Bitch-chan). Honestly, people who like this franchise weird me out. 

...with about as much grace as a bull in a China shop...

Not bashing your opinion, it's just hearing that saying just has it that I can't resist posting this :P :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_zpMory-0

As for me, off the top of my head...

Manyuu Hikenchou

I generally like fan service anime, but this one took things in a little too far to the point of being gross. Dropped this after two episodes :angry:

Platonic Heart/Master of Martial Hearts

That ending...if it was going to end like that it should have just been a straight up hentai OVA.

Love Hina

Between telling almost the exact same joke over and over and the central Keitaro/Naru pairing less believable than an episode of Ancient Aliens (not to mention the only likable heroines ended up as side characters) I had to fight the urge to hunt down and throw every DVD I bought of this series at the guy who recommended it to me when I mentioned one of my favorites was Tenchi Muyo. And before anyone mentions the manga, while I'll admit that had some good stories, the ending was crappier than the anime one.

I can only think of one:

Shuffle!

It's more of a personal reason. There were so much interesting heroines, and I can't believe the anime coupled the MC with that heroine in particular. The story could have gone much better with any other one of them. To date I regret wasting my time with this anime, the VN was much better.

Shuffle!

It's more of a personal reason. There were so much interesting heroines, and I can't believe the anime coupled the MC with that heroine in particular. The story could have gone much better with any other one of them. To date I regret wasting my time with this anime, the VN was much better.

I can agree with you on this one. I was cheering for every single heroine except for the one he ended up with. Even the side characters would have been better. Was a huge let down in the end. Thank god we have the VN.

OreImo

What started off as a funny show descended into a creepy story line involving a high school boy romancing middle school girls, one of whom is his sister (name Bitch-chan). Honestly, people who like this franchise weird me out. 

It's clear you didn't pay attention. Only Kirino and Ayase were in middle school and they were in 9th grade which would make them high schoolers in the US. Plenty of seniors go out with freshmen. And Kirino best girl.

Blazblue: Alter Memory

I'm a big Blazblue fan but they butchered this adaptation. They didn't explain the story well, they went through Calamity Trigger in 2 episodes, the fight scenes were bad (and this is an adaptation of a fighting game) and the animation was just meh. I was super disappointed with this because I was so hyped for it then my expectations were utterly crushed.

Guilty Crown

I don't think this was the worse anime ever but it deserves a spot. It had great animation, soundtrack, concept (even if it was a generic one I still don't really mind). Yet they somehow managed to screw this all up by ruining it all in the second half with their poor excuse of a plot twist that didn't explain anything. It had everything going for it though, that's whats most disappointing.

Cowboy Bebop

I'm just kidding, Cowboy Bebop was awesome.

Guest hairybumslapper

Blazblue: Alter Memory

I'm a big Blazblue fan but they butchered this adaptation.

+1.

This anime had enormous pacing/character development issues. Worst game - anime adaptation i have seen so far.

Accel World

without a doubt.

Boring protag, boring characters, boring everything.

Lots of potential but badly orchestrated.

And more recently Mahou Sensou

Because it's ridiculously illogic. Nothing makes sense, the characters are pretty stupid (except the blond guy) and the story is bad too.

Edit : Highschool DxD : Just ecchi ... No other purpose and I don't like ecchi. So no reason to like it.

Let's get the most sensitive one out.

K-On!

I'm sorry but I can't. I like uneventful slice of life shows, some of them a lot, so I expected to actually enjoy it despite everyone telling me how bad it is (I frequent forums where this kind of anime isn't very appreciated).

But, just, no. The only gags I laughed at were the references to DMC. The show completely repeated itself between its first and second halves. And, despite very rarely hating fiction characters, I appreciated only about 0,75 characters in the whole thing.

Don't ask me to argue about this one. I'm always up for discussing the pros and cons of shows, but somehow on K-on I can't do it in a constructed way.

Oreimo S2

I kinda liked S1, but S2 had unfathomably bad writing and not even the balls to make the ending it chose properly. I've already stated my opinion on this several times, I don't feel like writing it again >_>

Eh, there'd be a few more but I'm stopping there for the moment.

Also tons of meh to crap stuff that don't evoke any kind of emotional answer (and sometimes not even memories), so I won't bother ranting on them.

Strike the Blood

This was alright for the first half but after that everything just went downhill. Rushed plot, annoying characters, overused gimmicks. Also the endings to each arc are very stale and don't leave any sort of impression. I was very disappointed when it started off pretty good. Also the harem thing is a big fail, useless fan service and the villains aren't any good either. This had lot's of potential to but it failed to impress

11 eyes

I shouldn't even have to explain why this was terrible.

Chaos;Head

Man i was actually excited because of how great the Steins;Gates anime was but all i got was a big disappointment. Rushed plot, none of the girls in this are likeable, also there are points which just don't make sense. The osts were done well, but nothing is exciting. I was literally so bored watching through this and i'm surprised i didn't drop it.

K-On!

I'm sorry but I can't. I like uneventful slice of life shows, some of them a lot, so I expected to actually enjoy it despite everyone telling me how bad it is (I frequent forums where this kind of anime isn't very appreciated).

But, just, no. The only gags I laughed at were the references to DMC. The show completely repeated itself between its first and second halves. And, despite very rarely hating fiction characters, I appreciated only about 0,75 characters in the whole thing.

Don't ask me to argue about this one. I'm always up for discussing the pros and cons of shows, but somehow on K-on I can't do it in a constructed way.

*shocku*  :o

The last person I expected to hear this from.

Accel World

without a doubt.

Boring protag, boring characters, boring everything.

Lots of potential but badly orchestrated.

And more recently Mahou Sensou

Because it's ridiculously illogic. Nothing makes sense, the characters are pretty stupid (except the blond guy) and the story is bad too.

Edit : Highschool DxD : Just ecchi ... No other purpose and I don't like ecchi. So no reason to like it.

I do agree about Mahou Sensou to an extent... the setting wasn't constructed very well.  It is like they tried to make something interesting but they didn't quite manage to create a world where it would be believable.  If it were me, I would have just touched every last human child with magic, turning them into magic users.  Put everyone on even footing... 

excluding hentai again... :mellow:

well the only one that comes to mind is naruto and fma brotherhood, i hate the remake. it took away all the good feelings i had after finishing the original and the movies, but ppl do seem to like it for some reason, i dont know

I don't really HATE that much any anime... Just the one i found the worst are

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka

Pointless plot.. Bad Graphics.. Just can't even make a review about it.. It's just bad,

Ore Imo

A series that was actually good overall but i hate that ending that much that i can't help but putting it here.. It was just too forced, too awful and too much nonsense to be true..

I don't really HATE that much any anime... Just the one i found the worst are

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka

Pointless plot.. Bad Graphics.. Just can't even make a review about it.. It's just bad,

Ore Imo

A series that was actually good overall but i hate that ending that much that i can't help but putting it here.. It was just too forced, too awful and too much nonsense to be true..

I can agree with you about the ending of Ore Imo,  I hope they changed it in the PSP VN

No hentai (inb4 Boku no Pico) We all know 99% (if not 100%) of hentai anime is bad.

I actually looked a bit into it, and it seems there are quite a few hentai anime with a rather good reputation. Some classics, you could say.

Didn't take the time to go see it for myself yet though...

But it's not 100% crap.

I actually looked a bit into it, and it seems there are quite a few hentai anime with a rather good reputation. Some classics, you could say.

Didn't take the time to go see it for myself yet though...

But it's not 100% crap.

That's probably the case. I don't believe all hentai is bad, but if you could list bad anime, hentai included, the list would be endless. I've seen more hentai that made me laugh than comedy anime that made me laugh.

I edited the post to 99% though :P

Infinite Stratos 2

I had a few problems with this. All of which are spoiler related.

1. I have almost no idea as to why Ichika still acts the same around Houki given the ending of Season 1 where they almost kissed and only didn't due to being interrupted by the others. Kind of like the point made by Nosebleed about the second season of Chuunibyou about seemingly moving a relationship forward only to have a sudden reset. Except this has a harem so it's worse.

2. The 'Big Bad Evil Organisation' really wasn't doing anything that seemed to be too evil. I mean, in the Emperor's name, all they do is steal ISs for no apparent reason, with no big bad event at the end. They also seem comparatively small scale, more of a small gnat than a towering mega corporation or underground syndicate. And the sister of Chifuyuu doesn't really get fleshed out as I recall, so I have NO idea what her motivation in all of the stuff that's going on is. Just a generic 'I will kill' character as I recall.

3. Minor gripe here, but could someone explain why they said 'zero casualties' at the end of the final battle when a buttload of ISs and the city got blown up with people VISIBLY IN THE ISs?!

Oreimo 2

I am aware of how many people are on THIS particular complaint bandwagon, but there are good reasons. More spoilers here.

1. I will admit, I am something of a Kuroneko fan. She's great in my opinion. And the handling of her romance arc with Issei was made almost a complete waste of time by the ending of it. Character development aside, I'm not sure why such a token arc was in there. It has been awhile since I watched it, so I may have forgotten some important character development that happened because of it.

2. I found it slightly annoying how it basically devolved into a stereotypical harem anime by the end, with almost everyone fawning over Kyousuke in some way. Ayase and Kanako, the former due to the complete 180 and then some turn with her attitude towards Kyousuke, and Kanako because there was really no reason for her to fall for him. Again, been awhile since i watched it so I can't remember specifics, but if there were specifics then they should have been memorable ones instead of throwaway ones for a somewhat token character. And just to clarify, generic harem anime are very nice, but don't turn a good show into something else, it just feels a little forced and damages the tone.

And let's be honest, the ending has been pummeled enough, those who pummeled are now being pummeled due to excessive pummeling of an ending already adequately pummeled due to very justified reasons. I can now take pride I made your brains hurt through excessive use of the word pummeling. And I think that's everything.

Fucking 11 Eyes

What a waste of an idea. It gave me the impression of a bad fanfic based on a stolen concept or something equally convoluted. I just can't imagine one writer seriously came up with the idea for the story and ended up with the final product. It's so all over the place, and horribly bland.

Fucking 11 Eyes

What a waste of an idea. It gave me the impression of a bad fanfic based on a stolen concept or something equally convoluted. I just can't imagine one writer seriously came up with the idea for the story and ended up with the final product. It's so all over the place, and horribly bland.

In the beginning i thought it could actually go somewhere.

But then it didn't.. ever..

In fact that OVA with sex toys was probably the best thing they could have done.

MapleStory

People who played this game before it started to be another 'omg, did you see that 435947359805873405 hit?' MMORPG probably know why. This one is probably the worst anime I have ever watched. It had a huge potential, but... got scr... messed up.

Sonic X

I didn't have high hopes about this title either, but I got disappointed more than I suspected.

11 eyes

11 eyes

and fucking 11 eyes

First thing I did when I opened this page was check did someone else mention it. I'm glad you hate it as well. The only reason I watched it was because I was stuck in school and had nothing else on my phone.