Help me find a Visual Novel!

kongaii

Been playing/reading Visual Novel's for a while now, and right now I guess I kind of feel like playing/reading something similar to Da Capo 1 and 2. To be more precise, I want a Novel which has the same setting.

You're a normal kid around the age of 15-17 and a thing which I really like is when you have awesome male friends as well, in Da Capo 2 the friends you had were awesome, they were guys who could be my friends if they were real, and really similar in some ways with my own friends, and they made me laugh like crazy. Then I'd like a good love story of course.

The thing in Da Capo where you'd get to chose where to go I'd rather not have actually but it's fine if it has a good story and likable characters.

Lastly I want it to be subbed, I know it might be hard to find a subbed one, but unfortunately I don't know Hiragana yet.

Thank You in advance!  ;)

Thanks everyone I'll check Rewrite and Hoshizora no Memoria after I'm done with Grisaia No Kajitsu (=

And when majikoi is translated I'll check that one out as well

I won't look at Clannad and Little Busters since I've watched the Clannad anime (edit: I really really liked the Clannad anime) and I tried to watch Little Busters but I didn't really like it

That's all!! Thanks again (=

Thanks everyone I'll check Rewrite and Hoshizora no Memoria after I'm done with Grisaia No Kajitsu (=

And when majikoi is translated I'll check that one out as well

I won't look at Clannad and Little Busters since I've watched the Clannad anime and I tried to watch Little Busters but I didn't really like it

That's all!! Thanks again (=

I just want to point out that the Clannad VN is better than the anime and the LB VN is MUCH better than the anime. ;)

You ... didn't ... like ... Clannad ...

._.

._.

._.

._.

._.

no no no no.... jesus christ no! you got me all wrong!!

The one that I didn't really like was Little Busters! I loved Clannad!

I jsut felt that little busters was to childish for me.

Also check out Hoshizora no Memoria it's really good and I think it will fit your tastes.  B)

^^^

One of the best VNs I've read so far.  Great story, and the most of the characters are surprisingly deep.  The fantasy elements in it feel a bit silly at times, but if it helps at all, just try to interpret what it symbolizes.  Definitely a good VN to pick up.

no no no no.... jesus christ no! you got me all wrong!!

The one that I didn't really like was Little Busters! I loved Clannad!

I jsut felt that little busters was to childish for me.

I hope I can change your mind about Little Busters!...

On the surface, LB! is childish. There's lots of random fun games and missions with the childhood friends and new members.

Until you hit Refrain. That's when you realize the innocent and childish impression you got from the common route was intended. With minimum spoilers, there's a lot of hidden motives and objectives the original 3 guys have.

And also, the LB! anime, especially the first season was a passable adaptation. The first season's sloppy in many ways and actually killed most jokes and gave me different impressions of some of the cast.

The Little Busters VN is worth the read. I don't think the anime was terrible but it failed to capture the essence of what Little Busters is. Sometimes I think the only reason I really enjoyed the anime at all is because I read the VN first. Just thinking about the friendship in Little Busters makes me feel warm inside. It's your call but I would recommend giving it a go someday. 

I definitely agree with what was mentioned above, you can't go wrong with KEY stuff. Even if you've seen Clannad already, I really recomend the VN for the sheer freedom it offers - plus none of the route endings beside Nagisa's were animated, and the whole theme behind Clannad is explained much better.

I would even recommend Little Busters!. Even if you didn't like the beginning of the anime, I am pretty sure you'd like the novel - the anime wasn't very good, and mainly, the story gets really awesome only once the story hits Refrain, which is LB!s equivalent of Clannad's After Story - so what you've seen wasn't really a good representation of the piece as a whole. :)

Rewrite is also great, though it is quite different from the usual KEY stuff. Not as much focused on love and friendship like the previously mentioned two.

You could also go for Kanon if you want to read something older, but it probably won't impress you that much, especially if you know Clannad already. At least it didn't have such an impact on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to go on record and say the interactions between Tomoya and Sunohara (Clannad) is almost at the top of the list for interactions between male protagonist and their friend (non-romance)

Practically the only one of these types of interactions that i didn't feel inclined to skip through.

Kenji from Katawa Shoujo ruined me on this idea

If an anime sucks it's all the more reason to check out the visual novel. They're almost better in every aspect.

Where KEY shines the most is in their after stories, be it Clannad:AS, Refrain, or Tomoyo After's after story.

Anyway, you should check out Kaguya's top 50 for more;

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2151-50-translated-vns-you-should-read-before-you-die/