Anyone interested in making a VN or VN-like game?

danpc

hey if you are still recruiting i can help with Story,Proofreading and Game engine

As for Game engine why are you making a new one and not use previously available one?

Hi,i'm making one because i thought it would be fun to make one also it might be more flexible,and if by any chance i'm not able to make it i will import everything done to a good free one.

And welcome to the project thank you for volunteering :)

Hi cleric!

So if you want to be story writer, we need

• A lead writer : It's the writer that will be overseeing the whole story of the VN. And it's (probably) the one who will end up with the Main Character (MC). His role is also to keep the main character (and also the story) consistent even in the other routes. He makes sure that everything fits well together and that the writing styles aren't too different.
  • Paths writers : Writers that will take care of each route in the VN. It generally means that the writer will have to take care of one heroine, giving her a personality, backstory... (It can as well only be a branch of the story, depending on the type of game we make).
  • Lore / World / Plot writers : He might be different from the lead writer if the story is not deeply connected with the MC, or if the lead writer prefers to focus on the MC. If the plot deeply involve the MC, I believe it's best to have the lead writer take care of this.
  • Side writers : Pretty much anything else, it can be someone who wants to take care of particular things in the VN (Support characters / Comedy aspect of the VN, Common route...)

so far, we would need one or two more path writer maybe, and Side writers are always welcomed. You can also be the lead writer if you want, somebody has already asked for, but nothing is set in stone yet, and we can discuss it further later! And of course proofreaders are always welcome!

Hi KimotoDragoon, we might need one more route writer, depending on how everything turns out. Actually, we're going to have a meeting with all our story-writer at 6PM GMT today, so you might want to participate. I'll add you to our discussion group anyway!

It seems like an interesting and fun project and I'd be happy to join, I'll be a proof-reader if you'll let me. 

welcome you must be my demon child no seriously rance has a demon kid lol anyways it will be nice to have you

Game engine :
- danpc (engine creator)

:o Amazing. Not only did you assemble a huge team out of thin air but you actually created your own VN engine?

*Takes off his hat*

I wish you guys sucess with your project! Remember to stay frosty and remain united even when things look tough (because they will be.)

As a fellow project leader and VN developer, I'll be closely following your progress. I can't wait to see how your story unfolds! :3

just throwing this out there not that you need it but no one has done a solid lovecraft mythos vn yet and considering its public domain there's no legal issues with using his work and a large preexisting fanbase.

That would sound very difficult to do unless someone is well-versed in the lovecraft mythos. I do have some pointers on it from Nyarko, and saw a game centering around it but never can get into it.

hes my fave author i have read everything he wrote including personal correspondences with friends and read the expanded mythos his contemporarys helped create id be happy to answer any questions or give info etc and nyarko is not a good source its a parody