Katawa Shoujo: Favorite Routes

torbin12

My first playthrough, I chose to do Hanako's route since I'm a sucker for shy characters since I can relate to them, and she seemed mysteriously interesting. I played Lily's route second. She's a really kind character, its hard not to like her.

I liked them both, but if I had to really pick a favorite... I guess Lily.

I haven't played any other routes yet, but if I did, I'd go for Emi's next.

But not at night?

Why is there no love for Shizune?  D:

Because Hanako's cute like a penguin and has a tragic background.

Because Lily is really, really nice and has romance filled route.

Because Rin's route is drugs. Everyone wants drugs.

Because Emi's is full of sex. Everyone wants sex.

By comparison, Shizune has no romance and some drama with the pink-hairded girl which gets solved by itself when you're locked in the student council room.

Because Hanako's cute like a penguin and has a tragic background.

Because Lily is really, really nice and has romance filled route.

Because Rin's route is drugs. Everyone wants drugs.

Because Emi's is full of sex. Everyone wants sex.

By comparison, Shizune has no romance and some drama with the pink-hairded girl which gets solved by itself when you're locked in the student council room.

Lily's route has more h-scenes than any of the others.  I kid you not, go to VNDB and set spoilers to be shown.

You're intentionally making her route sound like crap  >.>

Lily's route has more h-scenes than any of the others. I kid you not, go to VNDB and set spoilers to be shown.

You're intentionally making her route sound like crap >.>

I doubt I would be commenting if I hadn't played it myself. I still think Emi's has an ungodly amount though.

And how did I make it sound like crap? Or are you talking about my favourite route, Shizune's?

Because I didn't lie. The romance amounts to being locked in the student council room all day and playing board games.

Why is there no love for Shizune?  D:

The pacing of Shizune's route is really slow and the big stretches of nothingness are a bit too long for some people to enjoy. (I asked myself if the relationship was still going on or not at some point, because nothing happens for a really long time.)

I still enjoyed the read, but the script couldn't hold up to the other routes. The same goes for her character; I do like Shizune, but not as much as the other four girls. 

• 3 weeks later...

How come you don't remember if you did finish Lily's route or not? Lily is like <3<3<3<3.

I dont know. I get Majikoi mixed up with Little Busters and i cant remember if ive completed half the games i've played. I like my quiet girls :P Too much of a hassle to hold a conversation. 

From what I've read around the internet, it would seem my opinion isn't a very popular one, but my favourite route is Shizune's.

This is because of some very weird reasons. 

Her character is the main reason why I prefer her route.

First, the glasses. Any character with glasses immediately gets bonus points in my book. Furthermore, she has a sprite where she fiddles with them, how I really love that (I fiddle with mine all the time too, for no good reason). She's also a student council president. Could it get any better?

Yes! Her personality is also not a simple stereotype. She's a mix between the serious class rep and a normal girl who enjoys having fun and winning arguments. Battles of wits and winning arguments are also something I very much enjoy doing myself. So I'm naturally drawn to her character more than the others.

But here's the icing on the cake.

She's mute. 

Yeah, that is a very important reason for me. I don't get why, but it simply fascinates me. Not saying being mute is good, or that I'd like to be mute, but I really seem to like it in fiction. Such a shame it's so rare.

Mute people usually have to come up with interesting ways of communicating or act a bit differently in some situations. I like that.

The route itself has nothing to do with the fact that it's my favourite. It's just the characters therein.

Wow. My favorite character was surely Shizune. That's why I took her route first. Sadly, I liked her route the least. THOUGH THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO ME. SHIZUNE BEST.

In terms of route, I'd have to go with Emi as my favorite one. I don't know. I like how Hisao got inspired by Emi's effort in training him to be in a better physical condition. Hisao rarely does anything about his disease, but in this route he does. In some routes he had a serious attack, for example, in Lilly's route, but in Emi's? He tried to put his all into exercising so that thing doesn't happen to him again. 

In generalization, I'd have this sequence (according to routes):

Emi > Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune

But in characters?

Shizune > Emi > Lilly > Rin > Hanako

I don't know man. It's just like that.

Oh, why didn't I put Lilly as my favorite? Lilly's route did make me tear up, but it was something I've seen before. Hisao was pitiful in that route. I liked how he chased Lilly in that route though. I think his condition was the worst in that route? I don't really know anymore. But damn man. Put yer ass into working out so that you don't become a weak person physically. I mean, just because you have a condition that would severely hinder you from doing what others can do doesn't mean that you shouldn't do anything about it. I mean, look at the girls. Emi is a track runner with no legs. Rin is a painter with no arms. Shizune's the student council president, even if she's deaf. Lilly can navigate even though she's blind. Hanako has a trauma. I don't even want to talk about that. So Hisao, why the heck can't you do something to improve your condition? He even forgot to take his medication, if I remember correctly.

Also, worst ending was Rin's normal ending. It hit me so hard. It made me cry more than Lilly's ending could have ever made me cry. My god. Rin was so nonchalant about it that I just felt so sad that I just UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

You get my point.

Wow. My favorite character was surely Shizune. That's why I took her route first. Sadly, I liked her route the least. THOUGH THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO ME. SHIZUNE BEST.

In terms of route, I'd have to go with Emi as my favorite one. I don't know. I like how Hisao got inspired by Emi's effort in training him to be in a better physical condition. Hisao rarely does anything about his disease, but in this route he does. In some routes he had a serious attack, for example, in Lilly's route, but in Emi's? He tried to put his all into exercising so that thing doesn't happen to him again. 

In generalization, I'd have this sequence (according to routes):

Emi > Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune

But in characters?

Shizune > Emi > Lilly > Rin > Hanako

I don't know man. It's just like that.

Oh, why didn't I put Lilly as my favorite? Lilly's route did make me tear up, but it was something I've seen before. Hisao was pitiful in that route. I liked how he chased Lilly in that route though. I think his condition was the worst in that route? I don't really know anymore. But damn man. Put yer ass into working out so that you don't become a weak person physically. I mean, just because you have a condition that would severely hinder you from doing what others can do doesn't mean that you shouldn't do anything about it. I mean, look at the girls. Emi is a track runner with no legs. Rin is a painter with no arms. Shizune's the student council president, even if she's deaf. Lilly can navigate even though she's blind. Hanako has a trauma. I don't even want to talk about that. So Hisao, why the heck can't you do something to improve your condition? He even forgot to take his medication, if I remember correctly.

Also, worst ending was Rin's normal ending. It hit me so hard. It made me cry more than Lilly's ending could have ever made me cry. My god. Rin was so nonchalant about it that I just felt so sad that I just UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

You get my point.

No love for hanako? :o

I just thought that she was weaker as a character than the others.

O_O Well i guess i must have overlooked that and went, "OH! Someone like me!". Plus i can rarely remember the last thing i read letalone remebering what the vn's were actually about. Took me 5 minutes to remember 

What and how Sachi's "problem" came to be

And she's my favorite charachter in GNK!

For both characters and routes, I'll go with Rin > Emi > Lily > Hanako > Shizune.

Rin route was amazing and her character is really one of my all-time favorites. She's so hard to understand and that fits her so well, it fits her being a natural born artists perfectly.

Emi is a hard-worker. She does what she loves despite her disability, and she's freaking good at it. I have a similar problem in the sense that I want to do a certain thing but my health condition won't allow me to work as hard as I wish I could, and yet I want to reach my objective despite the fact that I can't work hard. Hisao actually does something about his problem in her route, that is a huge plus.

Lily is sweet and an extremely easily likable character. She's mature, she got a serene aura surrounding her and she makes their relationship look more like one than the other girls do. While her route wasn't the strongest, her dilemma was something that probably already happened or will happen to almost everyone. Also, the blind sex scene to make Hisao understand how it is for her was incredible, I just love that h-scene so much.

Hanako while being loved by so many people, is someone I can't like that much. I was someone like her, who failed to approach people even if I wanted to because I had no confidence and was previously bullied, thing is, she's one of those people who just don't get it. I know surpassing a trauma is extremely hard, but things won't change as long as you don't open your heart. She is weak and she doesn't try to change that until someone actually comes to her, that kind of attitude pisses me off the most. I know that later things are a bit different as for her good ending, but that wasn't enough to make me like this route that much. 

Shizune had easily the worst route and I didn't liked her as a character that much, but honestly, her bad ending and Misha made her pretty close to taking Hanako's stop in my favorite order. I mean, Misha is charismatic and when you know about her true feelings, you know how much that girl suffered so far and that's intended to make you inclined towards comforting her later on. Seeing Shizune all alone on those stairs was really hard, in the end, you're the bad guy. You're the one who you'd be swearing at after watching a movie where a douche ruins a girls life.