owarimongatari final novel promo revealed

krill

yeah im just hoping yen press will pick up nisoins books for translation, someone i know said at a con the rep from yen said that they were looking in to it as a possibility but nothing was decided yet. so basically he said "maybe , you never know" i can always hope.

yeah but thats not taking in to consideration the other 2 books in season 3 or the anime versions of hanamonogatari or kizumonogatari

Hanamonogatari was already announced to be adapted. It'll probably be a bunch of OVAs, kind of like Nekomonogatari.

Kizumonogatari was already announced to be a movie.

In the final series the way I see it is:

Tsukimonogatari: around 4 episodes or less.

Koyomimonogatari: 12 episodes (1 episode per story)

Owarimonogatari is actually said to be split into 3 whole volumes so in the anime it should be split into several arcs:

Shinobu Mail

Ougi Dark

Koyomi Book

These would be aired across the last 10 episodes. They should probably leave Ougi Dark for last since I think chronologically it's the last chapter. 

I think they should leave out Koyomi Book though and just go with the first 2 arcs. This chapter is not directly tied with the previous ones, it's more like an extra and would take time slots out of the chapters. Maybe air it later as a special or something.

Ougi Dark really needs to be the best one. I have high hopes to see this animated!

exactly what i was talking about bingo nosebleed when you said three books means the final series will likely be a single anime i misunderstood you to mean that the three books in that part of season three would be animated as a single ova leaving out the other 2 books. 

as for koyomi book i think it should be done as a ova possible as a spinoff series with the hitagi character book animated as well as for ougi dark , they really do need to nail it, its the ending of the storyline and frankly as the fanbase myself included are so loyal to the franchise it deserves the attention the first series got with the great art and random cuts that made it so memorable and unique in the first place of course not done cookie cutter style but similar in attention to detail ..

i kinda hope her  gender remains a mystery kinda like the perfect gothic trap.

iv been waiting for kizumonogatari for so long as soon as it was announced i was like hell yeah then it just hasn't materialized and now im just waiting forever for my beautiful violent non loli shinobu

But what if she's a girl. She's pretty epic. But if she's a guy i can't admire her that way anymore. Her eyes are my favorite thing.

I guess her gender should remain a mystery just for the sake of it. She's probably some genderless aparition, kind of like legendary pokemon.

I just love her care free attitude.

tumblr_inline_myg0rjO2hf1sqe1gf.gif

They've always pushed it back, they announced this year that it'll be released before 2015, I bet they'll say the same by the end of the year for 2015. *sigh* There's already trailers and stuff. I don't know why it's taking so long. Not to mention we'll have to wait for BD releases to watch it at home.

But what if she's a girl. She's pretty epic. But if she's a guy i can't admire her that way anymore. Her eyes are my favorite thing.

I guess her gender should remain a mystery just for the sake of it. She's probably some genderless aparition, kind of like legendary pokemon.

I just love her care free attitude.

tumblr_inline_myg0rjO2hf1sqe1gf.gif

They've always pushed it back, they announced this year that it'll be released before 2015, I bet they'll say the same by the end of the year for 2015. *sigh* There's already trailers and stuff. I don't know why it's taking so long. Not to mention we'll have to wait for BD releases to watch it at home.

oh god that gif makes me happy.

yeah its been delayed and pushed back many times now maybe there's a issue with post production those can be real nightmares. look at redline that anime took 7 freaking years to make. i mean c'mon it was good, and the fact it was hand drawn cells but looked digital was amazing but 7 years is a long time waiting for something after its announced. production issues can be a serous nightmare especially for something like kizumonogatari where they fully know that shinobu is one of if not the most loved of the heroines in the franchise screwing it up would be a major setback for the franchise as a whole and could potentially hurt the selling power of the charagoods and series bd sets that generate most of the franchises profit. after all eventually a complete box-set with fancy box-art and extras of the entire series will most likely be released as a limited edition when its all said and done and it will be pricey as hell, but less shinobu fans will be inclined to spend that much on it if their fave heroine gets the short end of the quality stick. and you gotta admit of all the heroines she has a larger fan base.

I know I could stare at that gif all day.

It's argueable wether or not Shinobu has the biggest fanbase. In my opinion she has the most character depth and is my favorite character as well. But as far as fan bases she is on the same level if not below Senjougahara. Most people I've talked to about Bakemonogatari and the monogatari series overall love Senjougahara. For me Shinobu is the only possible candidate for best girl. 

Shinobu has also been the biggest mystery in the monogatari series (for those who haven't read the novels) and so an entire movie dedicated to her story and how everything began is a really big deal.

But with the current technology you certainly don't need 7 years to produce ONE movie. The source material already exists. They just have to adapt it properly and I know Shaft is up for the challenge.