Fate/Zero - Did you like it?

Tay

10 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Fate/Zero?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think Fate/Zero did a good job keeping with the setting and feel of the game?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I loved Fate/Zero. It's the most impactful Anime I've watched to date (unless you consider the hypnotic effect Pokemon had on me all during my growing up years, in which case it probably wins out). When I get a chance I plan on posting a full review on here, but as for now, I'm interested in hearing whether or not you liked it!

Lots of people didn't like it, and if any of you feel that way, I'd love to hear why.

Absolutely freaking loved it! Gen Urobuchi did a seriously great job with it! The tragedy of the 4th War and Kiritsugu were done in a awesome manner, and many of the Servants/Masters actually surpass the original VN characters(F/Z Berserker > F/SN Berserker) IMHO.

The animation was great as well!

This is actually the first time I have heard of people NOT liking it, everywhere I see there's praise for it actually :V Maybe I go to the wrong places or something?

basically, it is an amazing prequel to F/SN and it enhances the experieence if anything. I actually read the light novel first before the anime, but still the adaptation was also amazingly done. I do not actually see what not to like about the anime or Fate/Zero. It is also a solid standalone, so people that haven't played the game can still enjoy a very good anime.

It really was great, but at the start I was like wut. Servants are supposed to be very fast and stuff, but they are sloooow. Guess my imagination beats their budget lol!

We got to know more about Kotomi Kirei too, which is nice as he is an interesting character. I really liked the scenes with Emiya fighting master vs master with he using his

Time alter abillites. That was cool.

the ending

But in the ending were Emiya died, in the vn we got little info how he died. It seemed to be because of the curse of the holy grail which got tainted, which he got tainted by running through the village searching for someone to save. In the anime I kinda got the feeling he died from a bad heart and body, from all the use of his Reality marble.

I know this is probably going to sound crazy, but I havnt played this game yet. However, I am downloading it as we speak and will be moved to the top of the pile because of these threads. Ive been finishing up some that ive had only partly done. i.e. G-senjou no Maou and Tsukihime.

I cant wait to play this, I get the feeling I will enjoy it very much!

Again, despite this game having so many, I never encountered any bad ends ; )

That said, THIS IS THE GREATEST VN EVER. It's MUCH better than Katawa Shoujo (a fact that's painful for me to admit), and is solidly #1 in my book. Once you start, though, it's hard to stop.

Prepare for your heart to be smashed and healed. And for lots of emotional investment. And exciting action narrative. Booooom!

Edit: Oh yeah, and while all of what I wrote sounds like opinion, it's not. It's fact. F/SN rocks. (Again, fact)

Edited by Tay

I know this is probably going to sound crazy, but I havnt played this game yet. However, I am downloading it as we speak and will be moved to the top of the pile because of these threads. Ive been finishing up some that ive had only partly done. i.e. G-senjou no Maou and Tsukihime.

I cant wait to play this, I get the feeling I will enjoy it very much!

Ryoji, since I've read about the bad end you encountered in G-Senjou and your opinion of it, I have to give you a warning. I don't remember if there were much graphical gore. But there will certainly be quite a lot of gory description, so you'll do well to prepare for it. And there is 50 bad ends in this game

Ryoji, since I've read about the bad end you encountered in G-Senjou and your opinion of it, I have to give you a warning. I don't remember if there were much graphical gore. But there will certainly be quite a lot of gory description, so you'll do well to prepare for it. And there is 50 bad ends in this game

Holy ****. Gotta find a good walkthrough i guess. By gory do you mean

Rape, violence against women ect.

Holy ****. Gotta find a good walkthrough i guess. By gory do you mean

Rape, violence against women ect.

it woould be quite a big spoiler to say, but...

yes there are acts of rape, though I do not believe there is an actual rape scene, unless my memory fails me. But it is quite integral to the story and you'll see why. The same can also be said for the violence against women, and as we have discussed this I believed, I am going to simply let you decide. There are very few H-scenes by the way, none of them are rape scene.

But my main point about gory is that this VN have a lot of action (quite a lot, which is great) they are not afraid of describing specific details, which some might find extreme.

these might include lots of blood, and as you might have guessed from the amount of bad ends, lots and lots of death for the protag

I cannot judge it as it will be quite biased, so you'll have to see for yourself. As Tay said though, this is the greatest VN ever~ and it is a fact~

it woould be quite a big spoiler to say, but...

yes there are acts of rape, though I do not believe there is an actual rape scene, unless my memory fails me. But it is quite integral to the story and you'll see why. The same can also be said for the violence against women, and as we have discussed this I believed, I am going to simply let you decide. There are very few H-scenes by the way, none of them are rape scene.

But my main point about gory is that this VN have a lot of action (quite a lot, which is great) they are not afraid of describing specific details, which some might find extreme.

these might include lots of blood, and as you might have guessed from the amount of bad ends, lots and lots of death for the protag

I cannot judge it as it will be quite biased, so you'll have to see for yourself. As Tay said though, this is the greatest VN ever~ and it is a fact~

hmm, thanks for the info Saber, im actually just starting it. I found, what looks like a reliable walkthrough, that shown me the various ways to get all the ends, both good and bad. Im going to play through going for good or true ends first, then ill go back through if i liked it enough to do so, and get the bad ends to 100% complete

Im cool with that, thanks

ANyway thanks for the response.

I enjoyed it a lot, though I felt it dropped the ball at the end due to running out of screen time, especially with regards to Berserker and Kariya.

That aside, it was quite a fantastic show and raised the bar for what is expected from adaptations. Its complex multidimensional portrayal of the different individuals' morality and goals lead to so many wonderful philosophy debates!

• 9 years later...

Fate/Zero is through and through depressing, but it sure resonated with me. I was very invested into the characters of Kotomine Kirei, Emiya Kiritsugu, the Tohsaka family, and lastly the position of Gilgamesh as a "Jester". If you don't know what a jester in fiction is then I recommend Aleczandxr's video on it alot. Unfortunately, I heard that Fate/Zero is not really that good of an entry into the fate series, so I rec to play the VN and then later fill the gaps.

However, I also heard that Fate/Zero & Fate/stay Night would give you like an overview of 95% of the entire lore and the rest is just bonus. How true is that? The quote is from this video said by anime content creator Gigguk in jest?

If I finally get FSN to run on my tablet, then I will finally finish it - I promise!