What do you recommend?

Nagisa_Fawkes

I started my otaku life half a year ago, my favorite part is the VNs, and I am running out of options. So I'd like some suggestions from experienced otakus. The ones I read are on my VNDB list. My favorites are Clannad and G-senjou no Maou. I reeealy like: mystery, cute romance like in Clannad, sci-fi sometimes. I don't care for h-scenes, for me it's whatever.

You haven't read Kanon or Air, so you might want to start with those, although they have h-scenes. Also finish Muv-Luv Alternative and Sharin no Kuni if you haven't yet. You should also try Higurashi and Umineko, as well as Saya no Uta and Cross Channel, although the latter 2 are not for everyone, particularly Saya.

I started my otaku life half a year ago, my favorite part is the VNs, and I am running out of options. So I'd like some suggestions from experienced otakus. The ones I read are on my VNDB list. My favorites are Clannad and G-senjou no Maou. I reeealy like: mystery, cute romance like in Clannad, sci-fi sometimes. I don't care for h-scenes, for me it's whatever.

Haha, luckly you're really not running out of options. I'd suggest Remember 11 and Umineko, I/O is also pretty good.

For more suggestions than that, check out my 50 VNs list.

Guest hairybumslapper

Katawa Shoujo if you haven't already played it. It's a bit overrated, but it's free so it wouldn't hurt to check it out. (though i doubt you actually buy your VN's anyways)

I forgot to say I can only read translatons (I'm working on it, managed to learn hiragana, currently studying katakana), but thanks for the suggestions. About Kanon and Air, I already watched the anime for those, so I doubt it will be as enjoying, especially 

if Misuzu dies in the VN as well, I don't want to see that again.

I forgot to say I can only read translatons (I'm working on it, managed to learn hiragana, currently studying katakana), but thanks for the suggestions. About Kanon and Air, I already watched the anime for those, so I doubt it will be as enjoying, especially 

if Misuzu dies in the VN as well, I don't want to see that again.

Then I've got some bad news for you...

Edit: Yeah, should have mentioned Kanon is still worth a read even if you've watched the anime, and so is Air if you can take it.

Keep an eye on the Ayakashibito and Comyu projects.  The former is in the last stages and the latter has partial patches (route patches) with only the true route incomplete.

Both are near the top of my list of favorites, so you can be sure of quality.

No I don't think I can, handle Air in that case, I 

broke down when Nagisa died in Clannad, after that I tought: "I can't play this with her dead, no way, I love her". So I googled if there was a way to avoid her death, and found out about the true route, that lifted the world off my shoulders, if it wasn't for that I would have stopped playing it,

Clannad man ... ;_; Clannad ...

Best Vn so far.

I understand the feels man. Nothing came close to that yet.

Reread it ! Re-read Clannad that's what i recommand ;_;

Clannad man ... ;_; Clannad ...

Best Vn so far.

I understand the feels man. Nothing came close to that yet.

Reread it ! Re-read Clannad that's what i recommand ;_;

That would be the fourth time XD, but I plan to re-read it many times, and when I have some decent japanese, read it raw.

I would say go for Kara no Shoujo if you like mystery however... that novel messes with you in a lot of ways.

I read a bit about Kara no Shoujo, it's not voiced, and I'd feel pretty bad seeing h-scenes with maimed girls (would seem like a rape scene), it was hard enough seeing h-scenes with Kotori in My Heart Had Wings.

I read a bit about Kara no Shoujo, it's not voiced, and I'd feel pretty bad seeing h-scenes with maimed girls (would seem like a rape scene), it was hard enough seeing h-scenes with Kotori in My Heart Had Wings.

Actually there is a voiced version. And the girls aren't maimed during their h-scenes. However, If the H-Scenes bother you they can be skipped. (Just hold down the Control key) however, its quite a good story.

So much clannad....

Also, you should get a title~

I'm new to the forum, what's that? I think you mean buying an actual visual novel right? That's not possible for me, I live down here in Brazil, unfortunately they don't sell this type of game down here, actually I think I've seen only two visual novels that were translated to portuguese, Shuffle and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo; I'm not complaining, I can read english just fine, I'm learning japanese using english websites (about.com), but when I write it, sometimes it gets a little freaky...

I was seeing the 50 VN list, and I think I wanna try Kira Kira next, wanted to download the all ages version, but I don't think that's possible when the website has "eroge" on its name. Actually that's another reason why I can't buy them, I'm still underage, most VNs aren't sold for underages because of the h-scenes. 

I'm new to the forum, what's that? I think you mean buying an actual visual novel right? That's not possible for me, I live down here in Brazil, unfortunately they don't sell this type of game down here, actually I think I've seen only two visual novels that were translated to portuguese, Shuffle and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo; I'm not complaining, I can read english just fine, I'm learning japanese using english websites (about.com), but when I write it, sometimes it gets a little freaky...

Welcome then, my fellow brazillian. There aren't many of us here. 

When I told maef to get a title, I was referring to a member title. Such as my "Kaguya-Hime". You get to change yours freely after 500 posts, yet he's still using the default one.

Kira Kira is okay, some people really like it and some people really dislike it.