Muv-Luv Altered Fable Translation

So ... um... the Muv-Luv Altered Fable translation has been stalled at 65% for nearly a year.  I don't have the words to express the sad feels this evokes in the heart of me and my fellow Muv-Luv AF hopefuls (or hopeless?).

Does anyone know if it's been dropped?

Right now I'm half tempted to start recruiting for a machine translation team to 'finish' the project.  Yes, I know machine translations are awful, but it just seems such a shame (to my warped otaku mind) that there are more happy times we could share with Takeru, Sumika, Meiya et al. ... but we never will unless someone steps up to complete the project.

So what do you all think?  Is now the time to have faith in the translators?  Or is it time to try to finish it ourselves, as best (or as poorly as) we can? 

Maybe I'm just crazy.  At least I'll leave you all with this:

01_thumb01_ss.png

Sincerely,

~ n00bfish

Right now I'm half tempted to start recruiting for a machine translation team to 'finish' the project.

Holy mother of Takeru. Don't do that please. You'll gain a terrible reputation and end up with a terrible translation.

If the project has been done, there's nothing we can do. Except maybe trying to recruit interested people with skills.

Right now I'm half tempted to start recruiting for a machine translation team to 'finish' the project.

No, just...  No.  Even if Altered Fable is just more Extra (which I am admittedly in the minority for enjoying, but different strokes for different folks), it deserves respect in its translation.   If you're that desperate for more, do the machine translation for yourself and keep it to yourself.  Like the person above me says, you release a half-baked shitty engrish patch using some dumb machine that can't grasp the intricacies of the language, places like /r/visualnovels and here (and likely most other VN discussion areas on the internet) are going to flay you alive for it.

2013-06-21

Was the last posted date for the translation. Who knows, the translation seems to have been started 3 times by now. So someone will eventually come along it again, just hope they ask for more help in places other then 4chan. But please don't do machine translations.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

I may be wrong, by I'm pretty sure it was picked up officially by Degica as a part of Muv-Luv Photonmelodies.

Right, but this bring 2 questions:

1- Didn't they work with Degica for their actual release so far?

2- Why is Amaterasu part of the translators now on vndb? Never heard anything about them working with Degica

On 13/09/2017 at 4:21 PM, Albedo said:

Degica bought the scripts for ML/MLA from Ixrec, but they were... uh... unusable, so both games had to be translated from scratch.

Make even less sense: What's the point buying those scripts if they have to be translated from scratch? I wondered about that for a while for a while but now I think I start to understand why there is so much random rumors about Ixrec...