Extract ARC archives

Kirashi

Hi everyone.

I would like extract an arc file from Princess Waltz folder. That arc archive contains all ost of the game.

I tried many tool like "freearc", "izarc", "7zip", and "bitzipper", but didn't work.

Someone have an idea? This OST is just awesome ^^ I can share the arc file if you want.

You will need some reverse engineering tool to extract the archive, crass should do the job, if not try using arc_conv.

If you send me the file containing the music and the exe file, I can try extract it for you.

edit: you can download crass from Tlwiki: here

You can try the CrageGUI.exe first, it might work too and has an English interface, it should automatically try to locate the right commands and stuff, usually works fine for simple CG/bgm extraction.

If not, just upload the file somewhere and I will try it.

thanks, i'll try first

Edit: I didn't know i was so bad with that kind of tool:

Initializing cui core ...
Loading 170 cui ...

Initializing package core ...
Reading 1 packages ...

Start the extraction ...

... Finish the extraction

All Done.

It says the extracton is done but I have nothing...

I guess the source file is my bgm file but what is the "Source Path" to begin with? I thought that was the destination folder but it's not.

I'm going to upload the bgm file and and send it to you via pm

There, the bgm files in ogg: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8oj2jcuj8zuoob5/bgm_pw.rar

(you can convert to mp3 if you want, any audio editor/convertor will be able to do that, there are batch convertors too, I usually keep them in ogg though, audio players should be able to play it, I'm using foobar. Rename the files to the name of the songs as you want.)

In the end I used Extractdata tool, I usually find it good to use easy tools like that or crass since its like 2 clicks, before opening cmd and using the tools that only have command line tool, something will usually work.

You can read and learn more about how to extract archives from VNs here: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/191639-My-CG-Ripping-Tools-v2-4

Its more focused on extracting CGs (for H-scene CG sets) but most of the time the music and voices will be in ogg and easily extractable and playable. Once you do it for few games you can easily do it for any game you want basically, extracting the archive itself is usually pretty simple, unlike extracting the scripts of the game for translation, because those scripts are most often encrypted and obfuscated in many ways so getting the plain text and then inserting it back into the game is pretty hard task. There is many more people extracting CG sets so there will always be a tool available, same cannot be said about scenarios for translation.

Well anyways, enjoy the music~

You're right the format is easy to change and all the ost is here <3 thank you!

In the end I used Extractdata tool, I usually find it good to use easy tools like that or crass since its like 2 clicks, before opening cmd and using the tools that only have command line tool, something will usually work.

In the end, crass didn't work with you too.  Extractdata seems great, I'll try with it later.

You can read and learn more about how to extract archives from VNs here: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/191639-My-CG-Ripping-Tools-v2-4

You're right that's very interesting.

Thank you very much for all.