Dracu-Riot

I'd like to help at persuading but I'd probably just screw it up more than it is now.

Anyways, I hope we can get somewhere, or if he can't give the Translation, at least tell us why he won't.

This is something he said he would work on, and he suddenly quits, of course wanting to give the script to someone. But as soon as the hate goes on, he supposedly "won't" give the scripts to anyone, some even say that's because he's still working on them, some say it's because the script is actually not in 80%, or because of the hate he deleted them.

If I must say, I don't really believe he wouldn't have them at 80%, after all, he was planning to "hand them" so that someone could continue. Now again, that could also just be a bait for us to believe he had the scripts at the time. I can't really say something about him deleting them, because if what I said about it being a bait, it could actually be that he deleted the scripts because of the hate or just to not continue it.

Of course there's also the "possibility" (that is) of him still working on them.

To be honest, I don't believe he hasn't got the scripts, normal people wouldn't use a bait like that just to quit a project, after all, if you say you won't give the scripts to anyone, what people are going to do is follow you all around the Internet trying to get the translation... basically not a wise decission unless he didn't think it through.

Then here it comes, the theory about him actually working on the scripts, and this one apparently has proofs, that is... his Twitter, but saying that he also clearly says in one tweet

https://twitter.com/StaircaseSubs/status/442807505219878912

"Well, that makes my retirement a bit easier to swallow, doesn't it? You knew the answer all along!"

This here says that he has clearly abandoned the project, but there's also people saying that he has said in his Twitter he's still working on them, I haven't seen it, probably lost it while searching, but could someone please link that discussion here? Just want to see it.

I probably said things lots of people already guessed, but just in case someone didn't think about it.

It looks like he is still working on it but doesen't want to be clear on it for some reason. This is what he posted on those dates.

14 Jan 2014 - 987/10474/43821/53707

24 Jan 2014 - 1575/10474/44409/53707

14 Feb 2014 - 2301/10474/45135/53707

I guess if we believe that he has done 80% as he said in a first place we should believe in this too.

So now there are two possibilities.

1 - He never done 80% and he is just trolling as.

2 - He is still working on it and he is 84% done as of 14 Feb.

By now, even if he releases it miraculously on a silver plate while donating all his money to charity I'd still think he is a jerk (I woundn't even play it). Not because of him quitting, but because of the way he speaks, trolling and insulting people. Surely something happened for him to be this defensive, but that does not justify treating everyone harshly since there are people who are only questioning his word back then and his actions now (politely). If he was like "I quit cuz I wanted to, end of the story" that'd be one thing, but this demeanor is just sad.

By now, even if he releases it miraculously on a silver plate while donating all his money to charity I'd still think he is a jerk (I woundn't even play it). Not because of him quitting, but because of the way he speaks, trolling and insulting people. Surely something happened for him to be this defensive, but that does not justify treating everyone harshly since there are people who are only questioning his word back then and his actions now (politely). If he was like "I quit cuz I wanted to, end of the story" that'd be one thing, but this demeanor is just sad.

yep totally agree with u

just because your doing fan translation doesnt give u a right to do watever the hell u want and trolling people non-stop for almost a year

if he got pissed off because of the 'hate' he should never have started doing this anyway,there are many stupid people like that on the internet and so his following behavior is really cannot be said that he did it because of the 'hate'.

He did it because he's a jerk or person who gets butthurt too easily

Seriously, if people stopped reading stuff because jerks worked on them then you'd be missing out on a lot. People sure aren't skipping Sharin no Kuni because Moogy worked on it...

Anyway, I've said it in other posts but I'll post it here as well. He posted this on his site a while back:

"If, by 1st December there are no active or meaningful attempts at translating Miu’s route, I may come out of retirement to work on her route. However, the likelihood of me finding time to work on the game will only decrease year by year. In light of this, if I am unable to give one last attempt at the end of the year, we will stop beating the dead horse, release the remaining routes, and announce the official death of the project"

As far as I'm aware he has done exactly as he said he would. He didn't find anyone serious enough so he's continuing by himself. I'd just forget about bothering him for now, and one day, *poof*, complete patch appears!

Yeah I agree with you he's still working on it and he goes out of his way to respond to people who ask him about it not once via twitter or his page did he say Dracu Riot is dead plus RL situation might change then boom he'll start translating faster again.

There is no point in waiting for him to release the 80 percent my logic is someone translate's Miu and send him the files the likelihood of him releasing everything increases...

I think that's what he wanted when he was looking for people to do it late last year. If someone would be willing to give it a serious effort, that would be great, but I think it's kind of meaningless now if he is actually still working on it.

so, wait is the only option?

Pretty much that, yeah.  If he has the files and isn't going to share them, all we can do is wait and see what he's going to do with them.  Whether it's finish/release a final product or just sit on it and laugh at the anger it brings up until some other individual/group restarts the translation on their own terms.

Just in case I looked for some groups that would translate it, at least if Insem release it and other group does too I guess it wouldn't be a problem at all. Still, no luck in the search

After I had a chat with him on twitter I am pretty sure that he won't release them, He is either gona finish it himself and release a full patch ones he's done or he will just troll as forever.

Just in case I looked for some groups that would translate it, at least if Insem release it and other group does too I guess it wouldn't be a problem at all. Still, no luck in the search

He won't, the only way is extract and translate miu's path