Dracu-Riot

• 4 weeks later...

One of my friends that (apparently) frequents fuwanovel told me to create an account and a new thread to share the patches and stuff I currently have so.. here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/?v1yv2a4ah4pb9k8

-> The first patch file (.exe) is the translation batch that translates the prologue, majority of the common route, and completion of Elina's route. You just need to run it like a normal installer.

-> The second patch file (.xp3) fixes minor errors (and translation typos?). You have to drag this file into the original Dracu-riot game folder that you installed and replace the current one in that folder with this one. Do this after installing the first patch file.

I was told that the translator for Dracu-riot retired, and that his site is down so the patch to new players is inaccessable now.. so that's another part of the reason I took the time to do all this. No idea who wants this, so whoever can go ahead and do whatever you want with this patch.

1_zpsbc8d1be0.png

2_zps521643b2.png

3_zpsf8d12e60.png

4_zps840bd08f.png

Thanks for the partial patch! I have no idea why the traslator stopped at 80% but each to their own I guess. I hope someone comes and picks this up soon and finishes what was started.

I just read the visualnovelaer blog on this and man did this guy get a lot of hate. I know he isn't meeting what he has promised but isn't that kind of expected for fan translations? Maybe I'm missing some detail or something but I still can't fathom why some people got so pissed off about it. 

I just read the visualnovelaer blog on this and man did this guy get a lot of hate. I know he isn't meeting what he has promised but isn't that kind of expected for fan translations? Maybe I'm missing some detail or something but I still can't fathom why some people got so pissed off about it. 

He stopped supposedly because of uni, but also and "more importantly", bcuz he got a girlfriend. Thus, the hate is mostly because he got himself a life. Although it should be expected that fan translation may not meet its promises, I kinda see where some of the people judging him are coming from. It's not about promises, but the premise of his leave. He made a name for himself, built a community centered around his works and gained the trust of many people, only to betray their expectations. If this was a medical leave, a financial difficulty, an emotional break, SOMETHING that is not "my gf matters more" would be great. There are plenty of translators that cope perfectly well with uni and girlfriends, so no reason why he shouldn't. People can give me the usual "it's none of your business" or "it's his private live" or "he was doing it for free, stop complaining", but I'd still stick to this point of view mostly because I believe in something similar to what Meiya said to Takeru in Muv Luv Alter at some point of the game (if you haven't played don't open it)

Right after Marimo's death, in his room

And that is that outstanding individuals are responsible for the expectations of those that had come to rely on him, even if this is unreasonable and/or unfair (correct me if I am wrong, but I think this was it). Anyways, I didn't really read anything from staircase subs, nor was I that interested in dracu-riot, but I think quitting is perfectly fine as long as there isn't a wrong reason for it (it doesn't even have to be a good one).

He stopped supposedly because of uni, but also and "more importantly", bcuz he got a girlfriend. Thus, the hate is mostly because he got himself a life. Although it should be expected that fan translation may not meet its promises, I kinda see where some of the people judging him are coming from. It's not about promises, but the premise of his leave. He made a name for himself, built a community centered around his works and gained the trust of many people, only to betray their expectations. If this was a medical leave, a financial difficulty, an emotional break, SOMETHING that is not "my gf matters more" would be great. There are plenty of translators that cope perfectly well with uni and girlfriends, so no reason why he shouldn't. People can give me the usual "it's none of your business" or "it's his private live" or "he was doing it for free, stop complaining", but I'd still stick to this point of view mostly because I believe in something similar to what Meiya said to Takeru in Muv Luv Alter at some point of the game (if you haven't played don't open it)

Right after Marimo's death, in his room

And that is that outstanding individuals are responsible for the expectations of those that had come to rely on him, even if this is unreasonable and/or unfair (correct me if I am wrong, but I think this was it). Anyways, I didn't really read anything from staircase subs, nor was I that interested in dracu-riot, but I think quitting is perfectly fine as long as there isn't a wrong reason for it (it doesn't even have to be a good one).

Actually that's not a case. People don't hate him because he dropped a translation but because he refuses to give those 80% that he done to someone else to finish it.

Heres part of my conversation with him from tweether:

Me: Could you please release scripts of Dracu-Riot so someone else can finish it like you said on your site. Thank you.

Him: Nope.

Me: But why? If you are can't finish it yourself that is not a reason to let all your work till now go to waste..

Him: Nothing is going to waste. I receive no penalties from not releasing anything, nor will I receive any reward if I do it.

I am still trying to persuade him but it doesn't look promising.

PS: His site is not down you just need to enter address directly and press enter to open it.

Actually that's not a case. People don't hate him because he dropped a translation but because he refuses to give those 80% that he done to someone else to finish it.

Heres part of my conversation with him from tweether:

Me: Could you please release scripts of Dracu-Riot so someone else can finish it like you said on your site. Thank you.

Him: Nope.

Me: But why? If you are can't finish it yourself that is not a reason to let all your work till now go to waste..

Him: Nothing is going to waste. I receive no penalties from not releasing anything, nor will I receive any reward if I do it.

I am still trying to persuade him but it doesn't look promising.

PS: His site is not down you just need to enter address directly and press enter to open it.

I belive he changed his mind then, because he actually was looking for someone willing to continue the project as soon as he announced that he'd be quitting. I remember that much, shouldn't be too hard to find his post, but site's apparently on maintenance. I don't have the slightest ideia of what changed his mind, maybe the hate did?

(And that was the case at the time, what you just told me just adds fuel to the fire actually)

I belive he changed his mind then, because he actually was looking for someone willing to continue the project as soon as he announced that he'd be quitting. I remember that much, shouldn't be too hard to find his post, but site's apparently on maintenance. I don't have the slightest ideia of what changed his mind, maybe the hate did?

Hate come after he newer given it to anyone like he said he would. And besides few haters aren't a reason to turn against the whole English VN community.

I think it makes perfect sense not to release your unfinished scripts to the general public. He's probably looking for someone trustworthy to hand them off to, and you can't really blame him for that. If he releases it to just anybody, they might just end up finishing it in a shitty manner and make him look bad. Anyways, unless he gives us a clear-cut reason as to why he isn't releasing anything, you can't really assume anything.

I remenber reading somewhere he tried to find someone to give the scripts to but then turned back on his word ence the hate started.

I could be wrong but that what i remenber people discussing here before.

That's pretty much how I remember it too.

Hope you can change his mind Okami, I can't really follow his logic. There problably is more to this than meets the eye.

By the looks of this the situation is...

A) He is so pissed at the hate he got that he decided to not give the scripts out of spite.

B) He actually is not 80% done and the partial patch is all he has done

These seem to be the 2 most likely things. The hate thing is kind of in an infinite loop with the " I won't release the scripts because people hate me, people hate me because I won't release the scripts". Whatever the situation is it looks very dim that he will ever release the scripts. I still don't think he deserves the hate he got because he was doing this for free and out of his own spare time. If he wants to leave the project he should be able to. I still can't really fathom why he won't release the scripts.

By the looks of this the situation is...

A) He is so pissed at the hate he got that he decided to not give the scripts out of spite.

B) He actually is not 80% done and the partial patch is all he has done

These seem to be the 2 most likely things. The hate thing is kind of in an infinite loop with the " I won't release the scripts because people hate me, people hate me because I won't release the scripts". Whatever the situation is it looks very dim that he will ever release the scripts. I still don't think he deserves the hate he got because he was doing this for free and out of his own spare time. If he wants to leave the project he should be able to. I still can't really fathom why he won't release the scripts.

I am not saying that he did deserve the hate he got but still...

In case of a.) he is going to far for a few haters, there are always going to be haters and trolls on interent but that's not a reason to turn against a whole society.

In case of b.) he is a jerk for lying to everyone without any good reason.

And maybe it is a mix of both, he gotten so pissed at the hate that he deleted a scripts and now he can't give us even if he want's to.

delete? lol impossible,he never did anything after the initial patch i'm sure of it

perhaps he planned to and announced he was done in advance just for the heck of it but couldnt follow through in the end so now he cant give it out even if he wants to

well thats wat i think anyway

Honestly without any good evidence we can't say for sure. What we do know is that he claims to have 80% of the script and he's not sharing it with anyone even though he dropped the project. He can do what he wants with his own life and he can quit the project anytime he wants but he should at least share his progress so other people can pick it up and finish it. I am thankful that he did as much as he did though.

Pretty much all we can do is speculate and move on. 

I'm not going to say anything bad about the guy who worked on this because you know he did take his time to work on this patch and it must of been hard so i can't really hate him for quiting, although I can't deny that a part of me is mad at him for not finishing what he started cause I was kinda looking forward to this but i'm sure he has his reasons, the least he could do to satisfy my worries is explain more about the situation and the future of this project, anyway complaining won't help and all I can do is wait and see what happens.

I can understand some of the frustration. He DID say that he would make the untranslated scripts available to the public if he didn't find anyone in particular he felt comfortable handing the project to, after all. It's always frustrating when someone goes back on their word. Still, I appreciate the effort he put into it and I hope he changes his mind at some point.

He's just trolling everyone who is asking him about it, so don't expect a proper answer. But he has written some status updates on twitter which indicates he's not giving away the scripts because he is still working on it himself.