Dracu-Riot

Hey guys! (Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

https://twitter.com/StaircaseSubs/status/442807505219878912

It looks as though he's finally done beating around the bush. Is there any chance anybody else wants to pick this project up, even if it means starting over? Essentially Insem isn't exactly the type of person for translating this kind of stuff. There's no use bothering him about it now. If anybody else is up for picking this up, I don't mind pitching in with editing and such or whatever's needed, but I'd like to see if we can at least get this going at some point.

Well that's kind of sad.

I hope you can gather some people to pick this up.

If people are really interested in forming a team for this I don't mind writing on the visualnovelaer blog about recruitment for it. 

Just let me know if you really want to make this a thing.

I'm kind of waiting for staircase subs to go out of maintenance so I can check their updates before writing anything though.

Still it's rather trollish to not post updates and then have this attitude like everything's fine.

At least give someone the scripts or something so someone else can translate it. 

Disappearing and never posting an update is something (inb4 Irosekai project) but remaining active and not talk about a project you're supposedly working on is not nice. At least if you give a crap about it.

Still it's rather trollish to not post updates and then have this attitude like everything's fine.

At least give someone the scripts or something so someone else can translate it. 

Disappearing and never posting an update is something (inb4 Irosekai project) but remaining active and not talk about a project you're supposedly working on is not nice. At least if you give a crap about it.

Oh, it is, very much so. I'm just pointing out that that tweet isn't really much of an admission.

That's why I only actively follow Amaterasu's work, they work fast.

Whell he did say that if anyone is interested that he will give scripts to that someone so he can finish up the translation and if nobody contact him that he will release scripts to the public for anyone in the future wanting to finish it.

But I kinda have a problem believing that he is serious there (Or that it is even him) it doesn't really sound like himself there.

It just had to be down coincidentally

The site has been down for months now :)

Anyways if you feel like you want this project, I would probably recommend starting over.

However there is plenty of similarly good moe games that could use a translation (even the newer Yuzusoft game Amairo Islenauts seems awesome) so maybe if there is even a little bit of hope for DR, you might want to try something else in the meanwhile.

Sure it will not be with moe vampires but it will still be moe with something else = WIN xD

But I kinda have a problem believing that he is serious there (Or that it is even him) it doesn't really sound like himself there.

On the internet no one knows you're a llama. No one.

Well if he keeps the scripts promise then that's already a step forward. I didn't even know about the existence of this project but after finding out I kind of really want to read it.

The site has been down for months now  :)

Well I didn't check before this. That's kind of depressing though.

On the internet no one knows you're a llama. No one.

Well if he keeps the scripts promise then that's already a step forward. I didn't even know about the existence of this project but after finding out I kind of really want to read it.

Well I didn't check before this. That's kind of depressing though.

His site has been down for about as long as I'e been reading Vn's, about a year, I don't know about before that though, I'd assume a really long time. I just know he never will admit to it being dead, but it has been for ages, he's just too much of a prick to admit it. Also, if you do want to access the site, just refresh the page, it should work.

His site has been down for about as long as I'e been reading Vn's, about a year, I don't know about before that though, I'd assume a really long time. I just know he never will admit to it being dead, but it has been for ages, he's just too much of a prick to admit it. Also, if you do want to access the site, just refresh the page, it should work.

Oh wow it actually does work when you refresh. 

Well regardless I just hope he's at least willing to give out the scripts to either the public or someone that contacts him. It's already like 80% complete so it'd be kind of a shame to start over.

Oh wow it actually does work when you refresh. 

Well regardless I just hope he's at least willing to give out the scripts to either the public or someone that contacts him. It's already like 80% complete so it'd be kind of a shame to start over.

The thing is, I don't believe it is 80% done, I think the partial patch is as far as they've gone. Although I believe, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting for someone else to try and pick it up, then suddenly release it after the one's who have picked it up made decent progress, just to waste their time and piss people off, because if you look at their site and attitude, you can see they enjoy making people angry and on-top of it, they're really, really, mean people in general.

The thing is, I don't believe it is 80% done, I think the partial patch is as far as they've gone. Although I believe, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting for someone else to try and pick it up, then suddenly release it after the one's who have picked it up made decent progress, just to waste their time and piss people off, because if you look at their site and attitude, you can see they enjoy making people angry and on-top of it, they're really, really, mean people in general.

That'd be a really crappy thing to do and I wouldn't see any point in doing that other than being a total ass.

I don't know enough about them to judge but they translated Hoshimemo which is one of my favorite VNs so I kind of thought about them in a decent fashion.

Well I'm not going to ask the guy to give me the scripts, if anyone else wants to go ahead.

Maybe what Steve said is better, just start over yourself so you don't have staircase subs bite you in the ass.

Heres last official news for a project:

Nevertheless, if I had any time to work on the game, it would probably be during summer. But that is far from a guarantee. As such, the future of this project will be determined in three stages.

1. Parties interested in the acquisition of the current project or the completion of the remaining route may contact us by 30th September. Should we find a suitable candidate, we will announce the news.

2. If we are unable to secure a future for Dracu Riot with a reputable or reliable candidate by 1st October, the script files for Miu’s route will be released to the general public for other interested parties.

3. If, by 1st December there are no active or meaningful attempts at translating Miu’s route, I may come out of retirement to work on her route. However, the likelihood of me finding time to work on the game will only decrease year by year. In light of this, if I am unable to give one last attempt at the end of the year, we will stop beating the dead horse, release the remaining routes, and announce the official death of the project.

We can be contacted through our email, [email protected]

Heres last official news for a project:

Nevertheless, if I had any time to work on the game, it would probably be during summer. But that is far from a guarantee. As such, the future of this project will be determined in three stages.

1. Parties interested in the acquisition of the current project or the completion of the remaining route may contact us by 30th September. Should we find a suitable candidate, we will announce the news.

2. If we are unable to secure a future for Dracu Riot with a reputable or reliable candidate by 1st October, the script files for Miu’s route will be released to the general public for other interested parties.

3. If, by 1st December there are no active or meaningful attempts at translating Miu’s route, I may come out of retirement to work on her route. However, the likelihood of me finding time to work on the game will only decrease year by year. In light of this, if I am unable to give one last attempt at the end of the year, we will stop beating the dead horse, release the remaining routes, and announce the official death of the project.

We can be contacted through our email, [email protected]

Which was last year, they did not follow through, that's why people are so mad, because they lied. Also, because they are beating around the bush, they didn't release the routes, and they haven't (directly) announced its death.