Fate/Extra [PSP] [NO SPOILERS]

eclipsezero

So I recently tried out this game, and its pretty damn cool. I like the setting, its a bit different than the usual Type-Moon settings, which makes for a interesting change!

I haven't gotten very far yet, and will be replaying from the start(for real this time) when I go to India, but what I saw, I loved!

So this thread basically serves as a general discussion, spoilers are allowed, but please do so within spoiler tags for us peeps who haven't completed it yet.

What are your opinions on the game(overall), the story and the gameplay itself?

And who's looking forward to Fate/Extra CCC and hoping for a localization? I know I am, as it has the FABULOUS INCARNATE, GILGAMESH IN IT! WEEEEEE~

Seriously, one of my favorite characters, and having him as a servant you can use on top of that?! Hell to the yeeeeeeeeeees!

As an avid type moon fan, I love this as even though, I personally hate the way you fight (rock, paper, scissor??) but I guess it gives some originality I guess...

The story is definitely very type-moon-ish I gotta say, from the start to the finish, but that's the type of story I love, so I definitely do not mind. What is best for me in this game is really seeing how type-moon integrate more legends/history and their characters into the franchise. Overall, it is a great game, and I for one am definitely getting the sequel. I even ordered the virgin box set which comes with the figure, to show my support and because it is a great figurine~

Yay for discussion about this game :). Fate/Extra is cool. It was my second dungeon-exploration game (after Persona 3 Portable), and so the grinding wore on me pretty fast. That said, having a game (in English) set in the FSN world is really awesome.

I'm ~halfway through the game playing with Saber. Anybody use Archer or Caster yet? I'd imagine their characters would be really cool. I hope with New Game+ it'll give me an option to play with a different companion. Not sure, tho.

PS: Saber, what figure did it come with? Is it cool?

Yay for discussion about this game :). Fate/Extra is cool. It was my second dungeon-exploration game (after Persona 3 Portable), and so the grinding wore on me pretty fast. That said, having a game (in English) set in the FSN world is really awesome.

I'm ~halfway through the game playing with Saber. Anybody use Archer or Caster yet? I'd imagine their characters would be really cool. I hope with New Game+ it'll give me an option to play with a different companion. Not sure, tho.

PS: Saber, what figure did it come with? Is it cool?

I have done all three routes and saber routes twice actually, to just try to beat a certain secret boss you can challenge in new game+ just heads up there for you guys~ I ciuldn't do it with caster or archer... guess not enough grinding...

anyway, both archer and caster are very cool, even with the usual big reveal of their identity. It's great, and I somehow feel I'm learning so much playing these type-moon games, just from googling figures, histories and legends :P.

And regarding the figure, I get this box

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/07/its-called-the-virgin-white-box-set/

and this is the figure that comes with it

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/82466

I have done all three routes and saber routes twice actually, to just try to beat a certain secret boss you can challenge in new game+ just heads up there for you guys~ I ciuldn't do it with caster or archer... guess not enough grinding...

anyway, both archer and caster are very cool, even with the usual big reveal of their identity. It's great, and I somehow feel I'm learning so much playing these type-moon games, just from googling figures, histories and legends :P.

And regarding the figure, I get this box

http://www.kotaku.co...-white-box-set/

and this is the figure that comes with it

http://myfigurecolle....net/item/82466

Ooooh. Nice. I've never been one to collect things, though I know collecting figurines in Anime culture is a big deal, but that one looks cool. Q: When you do NG+ you can choose a different servant each time, right?

First off i loved Fate/Extra, it is a great Type-Moon work. Secondly I have only finished Sabers route Rin side and am now going through Archers and will be doing Rani side. I love the servants they present in it and find the characters to be quite enjoyable, especially Saber.

And who's looking forward to Fate/Extra CCC and hoping for a localization? I know I am, as it has the FABULOUS INCARNATE, GILGAMESH IN IT! WEEEEEE~

Seriously, one of my favorite characters, and having him as a servant you can use on top of that?! Hell to the yeeeeeeeeeees!

I am really looking forward too it and am wondering how they will make the Gil and master relationship work.

Ooooh. Nice. I've never been one to collect things, though I know collecting figurines in Anime culture is a big deal, but that one looks cool. Q: When you do NG+ you can choose a different servant each time, right?

yep, you can even change the gender of the protag, which is quite interesting to say the least. :D