Danganronpa low frame rate

Hi,

I downloaded the torrent of Danganronpa on here and used the JPCSP emulator method to run it as that seemed the simplest way (I downloaded 64 bit Java as Windows on my machine is 64-bit. :)

Only problem is the frame rate is reeaallllly slow/not there, it only ran at 12fps or something like that (so won't play the opening cut scene properly) and the menu music is choppy, what am I doing wrong??

Thanks in advance :)

It happened to me as well with JPCSP, but it worked fine with PPSSPP. However, it normally doesn't work with PPSSPP- to make it work you have to start the emulator, open settings, click "mode" and select "read framebuffers to memory -CPU"

Your machine may also not have the power to emulate it, though. If that's the case, I can't really help you.

Maybe I could try 32 bit Java (JPCSP) and see what happens.

Thanks BTW :) I'll try the PPSSPP method too, it looks more complicated though. As to whether my machine is powerful enough, I havent a clue :D

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) SP1

Guest hairybumslapper

In your settings, set the Rendering Mode to GPU, deselect VSYNC, and select Hardware Transform and Vertex Cache.

-

if you're still lagging after this, then you need to upgrade your PC hardware methinks.

In your settings, set the Rendering Mode to GPU, deselect VSYNC, and select Hardware Transform and Vertex Cache.

-

if you're still lagging after this, then you need to upgrade your PC hardware methinks.

Thanks ^^

Is that with the JCPSP emulator or the other one (PPSSPP which I havent tried yet)?

Danganronpa should function PPSSPP without any problems. Try the following

1) Go to http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

2) Scroll down and download PPSSPP version: v0.9.6-548-gf53ef47 , it is not the most recent version but it works without any problems.

3) Start PPSSPP, start the game and play. Nothing needs to be changed to the ppssp.ini file 

If that version doesn't work, go back to the Danganronpa download page on fuwanovel and scroll down. Follow the instructions there for a different version of PPSSPP, which is an even a older version of PPSSPP and should work.

When you save in PPSSPP, you have to save according to the in-game menus. I don't believe there is some kind of key-board short-cut function. Basicly, in Danganronpa you have to open your PDA and select the save option there.

Hi,

Thanks very much for this, I downloaded 9.6 and it actually works (well it opens)! I got Danganronpa working, all I had to do was put the iso file on my desktop, and it runs for you :D

Edit: How do I enable the attrac+ plug in for audio? There doesnt seem to be an option to install in my version (I downloaded the C++ thing and the latest build, but there wasnt any option in the menu to install attrac+? :s Weird..)

The oldest build that shows up on there for me is 9.7.  I tried the official 9.6 there but that doesn't work.  Is there a link to archived builds or another way to get the  v0.9.6-548-gf53ef47 and does it work on Android?  I played through this game using the much older build and it was extremely buggy and slow.  

Follow the link on my first post, scroll down and click on "All builds". There is an entire list with all different PPSSPP versions, with the most recent ones on top and older versions lower on the list. Just use Ctr + F to find the version you want. 

You have to check which version is compatable with Android. Some are Windows only, while some work on both Windows as Android.

Edit: I just tried finding build v.0.9.6-548 on there but it seems they removed it. Instead, just use one of the v.0.9.7-xxx-xxxx versions, they should also work since the creator keeps improving the same PPSSPP emulator and should be based upon the older v.0.9.6-xxx-xxx versions.

There are many solutions posted by users from PPSSPP in this thread:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=940

Wolfhood's specific post:

I have just finished the game 1 hour ago.
It worked using the build -v0.8.1-399-gb581b73 (x64)
You must change FramebuffersToMem and FramebuffersCPUConvert from False to True.
If you play the game with the option "Beffered Rendering" off, it will run better, but every time you have to investigente or to interecte you must put the option "on", so it can "read" the points to investigate, and then "off" again (use the key F5, its fastter than going to "Options" every time you have to do this) so you can play in the best way posible.

I play in a laptop:
Windows 7 64-bit Operating Sistem
Intel Core i5-2450M Cpu 2.50Ghz
Instaled Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Intel HD Graphics 3000

I hope i can help you with this. Sorry for my english, and if you dont undestand something just say it.
cm24.jpg