How Often Do You Skip the OP/ED?

roninmedia

I'm am currently watching three on-going series right now: Gin No Saji, Golden Time and Nisekoi. For each of the series, once I have gone past the first episode or two, I will skip the OP/ED each time.

Even for some of the OP/ED which eventually make their own onto my Ipod or desktop or I will skip the OP/ED when I watch the series to make those episodes 20 minutes instead of 23 minutes. The only noticeable ones I didn't skip were Mou Ichido Kimi ni Aitai and Hoshizora no Waltz.

Otherwise it's pretty watch any OP/ED twice just to listen to it and find clues on what happens next based on the animation.

How Often Do You Skip the OP/ED?

Say, this is a good question, inasmuch as I never gave it much thought...

Standard practice is to do what you do, watch it once or twice, unless it changes midway through the show (or, rarely, for every ep.)

But it depends on the song, because if I really like the associated song I will watch it almost every time.

It depends- If it's an ongoing anime and I'm watching one episode per week, I'll generally watch the opening. If I'm marathoning an old anime, I may watch it about 3 to 6 times, but after that I'll skip it. I never watch the ending, though.

I'm the same as Kaguya. I'll almost always watch the OP/ED when the show is ongoing, but if I'm marathoning an old show that I've seen before, I'll usually skip them after watching them a couple times. But for certain shows, I'll always watch the opening every time no matter what. I cannot watch an episode of Trigun and skip the opening. It's basically heresy.

Depends on how good it is. Usually, I just skip it after I've seen it once or twice. Don't have it in me to skip the opening to Cowboy Bebop like ever though, even though I've watched the entire series a handful of times now. :lol: NGE was another one that I always ended up watching. As was Excel Saga.

I'm not a huge fan of the OP/ED music usually so I skip it almost every time.

There were a few exceptions of course : Hyouka and Angels Beats come to mind. D-frag!'s is fun too.

For me it's something like 100 % skip rate.. Especially when i want to marathon an anime, after the first episode, where i listen to it so i know how much long it is..

When i watch while airing i usually don't skip them so the stream won't interrupt :P

But the ending.. i hardly ever listen to it even once

Hmm... if i enjoy it, i'll probably watch it most of the time and probably get the song as well (Boku Wa Tomodachi's so dumb but i love it) but usually i just skip it, can't be bothered watching the same thing over and over again.

I just thought of something, I'm grateful for those chapter marks or whatever they are on the modern media player.  Because in the old days I had to just skip ahead and try to find the show's beginning.  Although, I

got pretty good at that actually, after a few episodes I could land right on it.

By the way, do you watch previews?  I generally don't if it's just a true preview, if it's something unusual like a joke preview I'll watch it, though.  If I were one of those folks that watches shows as they air, I'm sure I would watch the previews.