RPCS3 is a PS3 emulator, still in early stages, can boot a commercial game!

eclipsezero

If the development is steady, commercial games could be playable on midrange PC's in a couple of years.

It kinda depends on how good the cellPD is emulated + compatibility. Emu should also take advantage of

multicore processors to lighten the load on GFX cards. Devs need to be careful, otherwise only the most

powerful computers will be able to run the games properly if even barely.

I recently upgraded my rig, I can handle a PS3 emulator now. It'll be awesome when I can play some JRPG's that are exclusive to the PS3 on my PC. 

Maybe there will come the day when people realize that PC can play games better than a PS4/Xbox one. Maybe.. We can hope.

The real gamers find it out relatively soon. 

Guest hairybumslapper

I recently upgraded my rig, I can handle a PS3 emulator now. It'll be awesome when I can play some JRPG's that are exclusive to the PS3 on my PC. 

Please define a "real" gamer, from an objective point of view.

It's not about being a real gamer or not. Just the fact that if the gaming companies invested in PC gaming (machines that can run without limitations unlike consoles) their games would have a much better performance. But Sony and Microsoft pay loads to license the games and the smell of money always ends up getting in the way. Oh well.

Guest hairybumslapper

if the gaming companies invested in PC gaming (machines that can run without limitations unlike consoles) their games would have a much better performance.

Honestly? i'm fine with 30fps. i have gotten a taste of 60fps on some games with my PS4, and while it is indeed good for fast paced action shooters like Call of Duty: Rehash 69, and fighters, i actually like the look of 30fps in motion due to the realistic cinematic look and feel. And while some people who have played at this frame rate complained of "input lag", i have never found this to be a problem at all.

-

But hey, this is just my opinion, maybe I'm just used to it.

Honestly? i'm fine with 30fps. i have gotten a taste of 60fps on some games with my PS4, and while it is indeed good for fast paced action shooters like Call of Duty: Rehash 69, and fighters, i actually like the look of 30fps in motion due to the realistic cinematic look and feel. And while some people who have played at this frame rate complained of "input lag", i have never found this to be a problem at all.

-

But hey, this is just my opinion, maybe I'm just used to it.

30? 60? Why not 120? That's the kind of performance I'm talking about. Of course opinions are opinions but making you buy a console because of a game when you could just sell it for PC as well is what i find a shame.

Please define a "real" gamer, from an objective point of view.

I stated "real" gamer because I believe there's a couple of types of gamers.

The recreational gamer that plays on consoles with maybe a dozen or so games, mainly FPS. They probably haven't beaten the games yet and only play an hour a day (if even that). Then you have the hardcore gamer, probably plays at least 5+ hours a day on PC with hundreds of games spanning various genres (mostly beaten). 

A real gamer in my opinion is someone who doesn't have qualms about playing various genres and owns a PC (because consoles are fairly limited). A real gamer shouldn't have a problem playing old games (pre-2000). The most important thing about a true gamer is that they learn from each match/game they play and don't bitch when they lose.