Your Top 3 Romance Anime

CrowHeart

This my top 3

3-Sankarea

Chihiro Furuya is a male high school student with a keen interest in zombies, collecting zombie-related videogames, film and manga, and even to the point of desiring to "kiss a zombie girl". Following the death of his pet cat, Babu, he attempts to revive it using an old manuscript, which describes the process of creating a potion for resurrection. At this time, he encounters a girl named Rea Sanka, who has run away from home. In an attempt to commit suicide, she drinks a sample of the "resurrection" potion which is created from the poisonous Hydrangea macrophylla flower, although this fails to kill her. Following an argument with her father, she falls from a cliff by accident and dies. However, as a result of the potion, she becomes a zombie who eats hydrangea leaves to survive. The story follows the life of Chihiro and his new 'zombie girlfriend

sankarea1201.jpg?w=500&h=320

2-Kanon

Kanon's story revolves around a group of five girls whose lives are connected to the same boy. Yuichi Aizawa is a second-year high school student who had visited the city where the story takes place seven years prior to Kanon's beginning. The story opens on Wednesday January 6, 1999[1] when Yuichi arrives in the city and is very detached from it and its inhabitants. Prior to his return, it is decided that he is to stay with his first cousin, Nayuki Minase, and her mother, Akiko. After his long absence, Yuichi has forgotten almost everything except minor details of what happened seven years before and is in need of being reminded of what he left behind. Nayuki initially tries repeatedly to jog his memory, but is unsuccessful. Throughout the story, as he learns about the supernatural undertones of the city, Yuichi is reminded of the events of seven years ago.

kanon_09.jpg

1-Clannad (this goes also too after story)

The story opens on Monday April 14, 2003 at the beginning of the school year,[1] when Tomoya meets by chance Nagisa Furukawa, a soft-spoken girl one year older than he is who is repeating her last year in high school due to being sick much of the previous year. Her goal is to join the drama club which she was unable to do due to her sickness, but they find that the drama club was disbanded after the few remaining members graduated. Since Tomoya has a lot of time to kill, he starts to help Nagisa in reforming the drama club. During this period, Tomoya meets and hangs out with several other girls who he gets to know well and help with their individual problems

clannad-3.jpg

BTW this my first post so Im not sure if I did it right....

Oh no I completely forgot toradora and lovely complex... I like more Toradora than Lovely Complex though, I think its funnier, and its also being a really long time since I saw those two thanks for bringing back some memories to me. The only one I think I haven't seen is Bokura ga Ita, but im going to look for it and watch it. 

I've seen too many too chose that easily.

I'll say three of them which come too mind spontaniously :

Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shita!

Hentai ouji no warawanai neko

I took romance focused animes, not animes with romance in them.

Oh god.. uhh.. what do i do.. too many romane anime watched, only 3 spots available.. I'll have to go with:

3 Koi Kaze

It's no secret here that I like imoutos. Koi Kaze however took the incest theme seriously and brought an actual realistic incestuous story that you could possibly see happening between a brother and a sister. When 2 people really need each other, what do blood relations mean? This was a great story in my eyes and I actually felt like cheering for their love, there was no moe, the atmosphere was gloomy, there were just emotions laid bare.

tumblr_lhlc110dmg1qaom9go1_500.jpg

2 Kimi ni Todoke

I'm a sucker for these cute love stories. This story is just absolutely beautiful, I loved it not just for the main couple, but for the side characters as well. I even ended up crying in some stances, not just for the moments between Sawako and Kazehaya but Sawako's friends as well. It's so simple, there aren't many elements involved, it's love. Amazing Shoujo anime.

2tu6UXG.jpg

1 Elfen Lied

Regardless of what anyone says I think one of Elfen Lied's main focuses was Lucy's personality and how it was shaped over the years. She was virtually alone, she was bullied, she ended up killing because no one liked her, except for this one boy Kohta who managed to make her open up to him and he was sort of her salvation. Of course because of a misunderstanding things turn out the way they are. However later on her feelings for him are what can keep her in control from killing. Even though things aren't as happy in the manga i still feel like this love they had was such a vital element. And how the story made me feel pity and cry for Lucy and all the stuff that's happened to her, seeing someone give her love was heartwarming. Elfen Lied still stands as the anime that gave me the most feels until this date.

3kiS2tH.jpg

Honorable mentions go to:

• Lovely Complex (I was so torn between this and Kimi ni Todoke, nonetheless check this one out, it's just as good!)
  • Clannad (although Clannad is beautiful indeed i just feel like the first season doesn't hit the spot and the 2nd one focuses more on other elements aside from romance),
  • Air (Heartbreaking story indeed but not enough elements to make me want to put it on the list)
  • Amagami SS (This is really good within its format but the stories are too short to award it a spot)
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru (Really beautiful slice of life romance, but it didn't hit me hard enough to put it up there)
  • Gosick (There wasn't much romance, only near the end but it was still a cute relationship that went on)
  • Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (Again cuts off at the end where it shouldn't although the romance bits are great)
  • Sukitte Ii na yo (I wanted to put this one on the list so bad but it's so simple and didn't impact me as much, still gets a mention)
  • Kokoro Connect (This one is great but since the couple i wanted didn't get together i'm not putting it up)
  • Zero no Tsukaima (I know this anime is not great by any means, but this was the FIRST romance i ever watched and i fell in love wit it at the time so i will mention it anyway because Louise will always be my favorite tsundere)
  • Toradora (Same thing as above pretty much though it wasn't my first romance anime)
  • Shuffle (It was good except for the fact he picked the lamest heroine to be with)
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (It was soo good except they ended with an annoying cliffhanger, bleh)
  • Love Hina (Classic anime in the harem/romance genre that anyone should check out, not a masterpiece by any means but it stands out in the genre)
  • Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi (This is just a personal favorite, i love the art in it mostly)

Keep in mind i have almost 150 romance anime watched so this was VERY hard to put together.

That is all~

#3 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

This Anime made me cry like a baby, I love it so much. True, its start as an easy romance, comedy, MOE later story gets very serious, dramatic and so full of emotions.

#2 Mirai Nikki

Nothing can stand in the way of their love.

#1 Sword Art Online

This anime Brings in me an emotion that nothing else can, it can make me cry from sadness in one episode and then from happening in the next one.

1. Shuffle!

2. Sakurasou no Pet Kanojo / The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

3. Toradora!

It's hard to pick just 3 when you primarily only watch Rom/Com anime.

(Runner ups would be School Rumble!, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi, and Mashiroiro Symphony.)

That's actually really tough for me, since like, ninety percent of what I watch is romance in at least some sense.  In no particular order:

Clannad (After Story)

This is a given for me, no doubt.  A great story and one of the few anime that has earned a place on the made Borei cry list.  Take into account that I first learned about Clannad via the biggest spoiler of the series and cried again later, you better believe I was impressed.

Toradora

Didn't make me cry, but TBQH I had a smile on my face for most of this series, and in a good way.  As a guy with a large build and an "angry face" most of the time, I legitimately understood that part of Ryuuji, and that helped me empathize throughout the whole show.  Wrapped up very nicely.

School Rumble

Blah blah it's not specifically a romance.  It's a comedy that just happens to largely revolve around romance.  It wasn't particularly sweet, and some of the comedy was far-fetched and absurd, but damn it if this series didn't wrap up so unexpectedly perfect.  Also made me laugh quite a bit throughout.

This my top 3

3-Sankarea

Chihiro Furuya is a male high school student with a keen interest in zombies, collecting zombie-related videogames, film and manga, and even to the point of desiring to "kiss a zombie girl". Following the death of his pet cat, Babu, he attempts to revive it using an old manuscript, which describes the process of creating a potion for resurrection. At this time, he encounters a girl named Rea Sanka, who has run away from home. In an attempt to commit suicide, she drinks a sample of the "resurrection" potion which is created from the poisonous Hydrangea macrophylla flower, although this fails to kill her. Following an argument with her father, she falls from a cliff by accident and dies. However, as a result of the potion, she becomes a zombie who eats hydrangea leaves to survive. The story follows the life of Chihiro and his new 'zombie girlfriend

sankarea1201.jpg?w=500&h=320

You deserve my like for this.

3.Toradora

-harem bla bla bla.In the end lovely happy story.

2.Romeo x Juliet

-I have a really vague memory about this anime,but I could firmly remember the part where they ran away from their family for the sake of forbidden love.I love the ending where they died as well.

7rBar.jpg

1.Sankarea

-Who doesn't want to take care a broken lady?(I mean literally).Chihiro is fighting time to protect Rea who is fragile,abused.beautiful,zombified,and most importantly,he loved, before her time is up.

yea,1st was obviously biased

7rBoO.jpg

Could be a good romance anime but fail flat

Fortune Arterial - It's not even a harem

Note:Imo "romance" part intensified when there is a form of "pressure" in relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

Well although I haven't watched that many, this genre IS the ONLY genre I do watch, so it still is a hard choice to me.

But here are the ones I admit that I enjoyed the most. (Beware, Spoilers... CONTAIN SPOILERS!!)

1. Amagami SS

I put this as my first simply because even though it takes you through a year of life in 4 episodes, the emotions through all the arcs are amazing.

pJJY5BB.png

2. Clannad (And After Story)

Typical choice, one of the most well-known anime's due to it's overload of emotions. The romance was a bit dull, obviously as there was nothing in it, sexually. But still, on a roller coaster ride through love, it was an amazing anime that made me cry for the first time via media in 10 years.)

eZSG624.png

3. Mayo Chiki!

This was not my original 3rd choice, but after comparing it to the latter, Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!, I decided I liked the love in this more. The comedy was good in this, as Kanade is a devil, but in the end lets Subaru have her love with him. Upon the manga that DIDN'T get aired which was completely stupid; They get married anyways. <3

NoaL3QA.png