Visual novel with animations.

So pretty much the title.

One thing that disappoints me a little with visual novels is the total absence of animations.

I know it's not the point of the thing but for example the "Professor Layton" series had animations in them a it made the game value sky rocket even more for me ("unwound future" was incredibly good) even though they weren't necessary in terms of gameplay.

In katawa shoujo which is an amateur Vn, they did try to add some animations before chap 2 depending on the route but nothing big. There a little in Grisaia too (really not much)

Are there VN's with animations or Anime content in them ?

Do you mean strictly in OPs like in Katawa Shoujo, or animations directly in the VN? I'm reading Senshinkan right now, and that one has animations even in the backgrounds and in-between scenes. I've never seen a VN with this much budget before...

As for animations in OPs, quite some VNs have it. Rewrite, Fate/stay night, KimiNozo, MuvLuv, KonoSora...

Perhaps this is the Tag i'm looking for ?

I don't want a whole movie, But long lengthy and quality animated scenes from time to time. (a couple per route perhaps)

Animated movie seems a little bit too much

http://vndb.org/g1487?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1487;m=0;o=d;s=rating

If so there aren't many Well rated Vn's in there T_T

Edited by Guest

Muv Luv (specifically Unlimited) has some animated sequences in it, and so does MLA. Though most of the 'animations' are done with sprites, the scenes I mean are actually animated cut-scenes, if you will... but they're short and very few. Can't really think of anything else, they mostly use sprites or effects for this kind of thing...

Chaos;Head had some animation in the intro if I remember right, though not so sure if there's any more later on. I think there isn't.

Some makers invest into more animation in their products, but probably not in the way you mean it. Here, from what I've played recently (it's in-game, the whole VN is like this): 

The VN itself: http://vndb.org/v8438

Is this the future?  'Cause that'd be incredible.

I guess, yeah, progression is inevitable.

But for now, that looks stupid expensive.

And something like this would probably float my boat more than just cutscenes which would be nice and I'm assuming is the topic of this discussion.

I'm looking at all the suggestions and thank you very much for these answers.

Lots of school days suggestions but the rating is quite low.

Muv-luv will be read one day because i want to read alternative, but that's going to take some time.

Dengeki Stryker I will try too.

But what i'm really looking for is animated cut scenes. (I'm pretty sure that's the kind of thing i'm looking for after some research, or is it ?)

I'm going to give this a try to even though it's not really what i'm looking for.

Lots of school days suggestions but the rating is quite low.

School Days seems to be a VN that people either hate or love to hate.  I'm kind of in the latter category, so I'd say that if you are looking for a highly animated VN, School Days is your best bet.

Just don't expect to like any of the characters in it.

My experience with full-animated (think School Days) VN are that they have to cut corners somewhere to make the product, and often that "corner" is storytelling. One example is Qualiaffordance it's the type example of a VN where they focus on animation, but it falls like a a ton of bricks because the story is in short rushed.

Well in the case of School Days they actually achieved some story, and then it's a matter of taste if you like or dislike it.