Sengoku Rance: Need some tips [HS]

eclipsezero

THIS THREAD SPOILS ENDGAME MATERIAL, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Spoiler tags will not be used.

----

So I am near the end of the True History route, where the Demon Army pops up. That in itself wasn't that big of a problem...until they started recruiting monsters.

Excuse my language, but holy fuck, those monsters with like 3000 troops kick my ass pretty damn hard, and buffing up my own army is taking a long while!

Later on I ended up deleting my save games by mistake derp, meaning I will have to replay the entire thing, not a major problem though.

So I thought I would get some tips in advance so I can prepare for the Demon Army better!

Should I get any notable commanders for example? Which units should I focus on leveling up(affection and actual levels)?

IIRC, these were my commanders before I messed up and deleted my saves:

Rance

Ogawa Kentarou (Demon)

Suzume

Uesugi Kenshin

Naoe Ai

Yamamoto Isoroku

Asai-Asakura Yoshikage

Kouhime

Ranmaru

Shibata Katsuie

Kentou Kanami

Maria

Leila

Rizna

Uruza

Magic

Kasumi (She comes after answering one of Maria's questions in an event. Pretty powerful, though only two action points.)

Itou Kakka

Akechi Mitsuhide

---

Each of them had around 1500-2000 troops, besides Kasumi, Itou Kakka and Akechi Mitsuhide IIRC. Most of them were either fully leveled up or at least nearly fully leveled up.

Hopefully this info helps in giving tips.

first of all, you need at least one type of army that have a advantage against monsters, so things like miko and diviner are a must. having magic units and musketeers/cannoneer is not really recommended, unless you got a really good diviner that can use the shield shikigami every turn.

What you should do is to buff rance to the best of your ability BEFORE fighting the demon army. since you also have Leila, you should definitely buff her too, since she is one of the best counters to large numbers of enemy. If possible, use her ability when her unit number is just below the enemy units'. (e.g. when her unit is 2999 and the enemy is 3000, or something along those line) since at one time, I wiped out an enemy using this exact tactic and equipping something to her (some kind of sword).

Yamamoto Isoroku also has a very good skill which can instantly kill units, just like ninja's assasinate, but cost only 2 flags (I think) so, you can very easily eliminate enemies simply by her having this ability and buffing her unit size. Naoe Ai is also quite good, in terms of her stats so you should increase her as well.

Uesugi Kenshin is hands down the best unit you can get normally, besides masamune, so you should level her at the same rate as rance or better. Yoshikage and mitsuhide is not good to keep (at least for me) around the last part of the game.

wow, after writing that, I feel like such a nerd @.@ but it's okay though. If you have any more question, just ask, and hope this helps~

Mitsuhide was only there for his search etc. stats lol. I never used him in battles at all >>; Same case for Itou Kakka.

Thanks for the advice! I will attempt to get Houjou and some other diviners as well! I actually never used them at all...welp, guess that wasn't a good idea >>;

Never used Isoroku's ability either as I already had Suzume, but now that I know how much it costs, holy crap DO WANT!

Once again, thanks! This should help a lot <3

Mitsuhide was only there for his search etc. stats lol. I never used him in battles at all >>; Same case for Itou Kakka.

Thanks for the advice! I will attempt to get Houjou and some other diviners as well! I actually never used them at all...welp, guess that wasn't a good idea >>;

Never used Isoroku's ability either as I already had Suzume, but now that I know how much it costs, holy crap DO WANT!

Once again, thanks! This should help a lot <3

no problem. And also as a side note, once you have gotten through the first walkthrough, the game is going to get more fun, since there are more options available for you. You can get nitori which is probably the strongest miko class in the game. You could actually get her in the first walkthrough if you want to, I think. Anyway, have fun~