muv-luv not starting

I use windows 7 64 bit, Jap system locale, laptop. I tried installing it with the patch installing it for you and this error occurs.206e6F0.jpg

I also tried installing it using the setup on the disk but this error occurs:

u2N0Hv6.png

I really don't know what to do. I've tried uninstalling and restarting my computer and that didnt work. I tried running it in xp compatibility mode that didnt work either.

The first message says that the game couldn't start because it "can't find necessary data"

The 2nd one says that it could not read the data, and suggests that the installation data might be corrupted.

Put no trust in compatibility modes.  XP compatibility mode of Windows 7 has been known to fail on some games that run properly on the real Windows XP.  (Just as choosing Win98 compatibility on XP used to fail on games that run on the real Win98)

In my experience installing the ISO first is more likely to work than using the patch. You also need to make sure that the torrent wasn't corrupted and that your antvirus hasn't eaten any of your files.

Check out this installation guide I made as well.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1224-muv-luv-extraunlimited-solved/?p=17391