Remembering the Kanji and raw visual novels

John117

So I have been doing Remember the kanji for about 2 months and I now remember about 1,500 kanji and just 1 meaning associated with it. 

I read about it at http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2013/02/how-to-read-visual-novels-in-japanese-in-2-years-time-or-1-year-if-you-are-fast-%E2%80%95-learn-to-read-through-vn-or-anime/  As I found it promising I gave it a go. Oh I used RevTK instead of Anki.

So I have been able to recognize many kanjis when reading raw visual novels. But of course the translation by Atlas is still best and I got used to the crappy engrish. But it was amazing to recognize some kanji that usually stands by itself like 夜night,嬉overjoyed,皆everyone(minna*-san*).Well some of the keywords are obsolete but its manageable and if its too bad I can just change it.

So after my acquisition of all the joyo kanji(2136) I am thinking if I should progress and learn more japanese vocabulary formally using flashcards.

Also my aim would be to read Baldr Sky(english translation stalled),since its RPG I could just use Atlas,TA,Mecab and ITH but the rpg elements would not be translated.Also I want to read Infinite Stratos 2 on the psvita(just got released).

Anyone here have finished Remembering the Kanji and just learned kanji through context and have great progress.

I would like to hear ur thought on this. . . 

I found just learning Kanji didn't do much for me, and I had to turn to learning the grammar before I started to actually progress in learning Japanese. I slowly pick up kanji as I go along now, and if I want to read raw games I can usually just cheat and use a text hooker to hook kanji for me. (I just need to figure out how the kanji is used at that point, since the dictionary definitions usually aren't that great).

Well that's actually great, the kanji knowledge is of course important by itself but also some grammar studies would allow you to understand the phrase structure and the functions of each part of it, actually no idea about the VNs you mentioned, as i didn't read them