Thank You, Tay and Co.!

Zenophilious

Just thought I should make a thread thanking Tay and all the others that helped to get the site working again after everyone kept getting redirected to the "Welcome to nginx!" page.  I really appreciate your hard work.  I know enough about coding (which is very little) to know that unless it's copy/paste, it's quite hard, and finding mistakes in pages of code is an infuriatingly slow process.  Really, thanks so much for fixing the problem as fast as you did.

Whew thanks guys I was wondering what on earth was going on but it looks like the site is back, man why does this keep happening I know it wouln't be down forever but it's still annoying.

Anyway I appreciate your efforts to keep fuwanovel running so thanks again.  ;)

I thought my VN reading would be over Yesterday and that thought in mind made me powerless.

But now that the forum is back.

My worries is now at ease a little bit.

But still couldn't enter Fuwanovel itself since it still 'further configuration' by nginx. 

Speaking from experience, maintaining a site with downloads like Fuwanovel was, is painfully hard.  In comparison, maintaining a community site is relatively simple.  However, at the same time, we will inevitably see a slight fall in community participation as those who came just for the downloads go awol.

Nonetheless, since I never used Fuwanovel for downloads, I don't consider that aspect to be important.  I'm glad the forums are still up, and I'm glad that the central figures - whoever they happen to be - have the enthusiasm necessary to maintain the community.  Aaeru's decision to leave forever probably doesn't surprise anyone, as she hadn't been present for the better part of half a year, and even before that her participation in the community was rapidly decreasing. 

Good communities evolve in order to survive, and I hope that Fuwanovel will be one of those.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your hard work guys! After all, this is the only place where I can communicate with Ren when I'm not at home, since I'm too lazy to get Skype or TS on my tablet. :D

Also, can someone confirm/deny that this is, in fact, Tay's wife? https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/user/5872-taywife/

I can neither confirm nor deny this.