Weapons and heroines

Clephas

What kind of weapon does your ideal VN heroine wield? 

Current candidates:

katana

kukri

dagger

shortsword

axe

scythe

spear

crossbow

handgun (normal)

handgun (super-magnum)

minigun

bow

sniper rifle

submachinegun

rocket launcher

kitchen knife

crowbar

club

baseball bat

garrote

assault rifle

darts

throwing knives

poison

piano wire

weighted gloves

brass knuckles

fireman's hatchet

revolver

suicide vest

And what would they do with it? 

My answer?  Kukri and eliminating obstacles

>ctrl + f (mace).... no results.

I'm dissapointed Clephas, you didn't put one of the most ancient and effective weapons of choice.

Let me tell you why a mace is the perfect weapon for a waifu.

- Lighter and relatively easier to hold for an arm without a great strength

- It can deal devastating blows without even penetrating armor.

- It's a weapon that uses dexterity more than strength. One blow in the right place and your bones are crushed and joints separated.

- You can still use it to overwhelm the enemy by performing repeated blows.

- It's a clean weapon. You don't sprinkle too much blood and gore all over the place. A tasteful waifu doesn't want to get sullen.

- Long distance weapons are for cowards who can't see the face of their enemy.

And that's why. Just imagine this sweetie running rampant in the battlefield, charging and blowing brains out of the cranium of her enemies. Truly a glorious sight.

GquY7Xy.jpg?1

Spears. Long range and great versatility, all in one package. Obviously useful for large-scale melee and single combat alike.

But if that is not possible, then I'll take a rapier or a long sabre (types of weapons that you have omitted from the list) used for single-combat or medium-scale combat situations.

>ctrl + f (mace).... no results.

I'm dissapointed Clephas, you didn't put one of the most ancient and effective weapons of choice.

Let me tell you why a mace is the perfect weapon for a waifu.

- Lighter and relatively easier to hold for an arm without a great strength

- It can deal devastating blows without even penetrating armor.

- It's a weapon that uses dexterity more than strength. One blow in the right place and your bones are crushed and joints separated.

- You can still use it to overwhelm the enemy by performing repeated blows.

- It's a clean weapon. You don't sprinkle too much blood and gore all over the place. A tasteful waifu doesn't want to get sullen.

- Long distance weapons are for cowards who can't see the face of their enemy.

And that's why. Just imagine this sweetie running rampant in the battlefield, charging and blowing brains out of the cranium of her enemies. Truly a glorious sight.

GquY7Xy.jpg?1

I think you get the wrong idea about mace.

Mace is the oldest weapon type in the world. 

To deal enough damage, It need to be heavy because off the equation [Power = Mass x Speed] , the light one is need a lot of speed to deal the same damage as heavy one.

As Impact-type weapon, It isn't effective against armored target because the damage it causes will be absorbed by armor except impact force is higher than armor can absorb. (there is 3 type of physical attack, pierce(point of impact), slash(line of impact) and crash(area of impact). some armor can protect some type better than other.)

It also need full swing to use it effectively.

:P

My weapon of choice is katana. The best sword in the history. :P

To deal enough damage, It need to be heavy because off the equation [Power = Mass x Speed] , the light one is need a lot of speed to deal the same damage as heavy one.

As Impact-type weapon, It isn't effective against armored target because the damage it causes will be absorbed by armor except impact force is higher than armor can absorb. (there is 3 type of physical attack, pierce(point of impact), slash(line of impact) and crash(area of impact). some armor can protect some type better than other.)

i would argue that the knife in the form of shaped and sharpened stone blades was more likely the oldest class of weapon you can't count a tree branch as a mace thats just a club and is not a manufactured weapon its improvised . so i wouldn't count it .

You are forgetting that the blunt power of the impact can destabilize most of the foes even if it actually doesn't cause damage. The tip of a mace is much more heavy than the handle which increases the force of the impact a lot compared to other more balanced weapons like spears or swords. This imabalance adds momentum to the blow.

Also, you use a mace in different ways depending on the kind of enemy you are fighting against. It's not the perfect weapon, I'm aware of it, and it holds a dissadvantge against heavily armored foes but in the hands of a patient wielder it can bring down even a full plated enemy if it aims carefully.

You use the mace in 2 ways:

- if your enemy is only coated or it has a light armour, you strike on joints and bones, being the shoulders, head and elbow the prefered choices. once you strike even once at those points the junctures will crack and the bone will break. it's as simple as that. The intense pain would leave him unable to fight. Compared to cutting and piercing weapons that can only instakill people on few spots, a mace has a lot more options.

- If your enemy is heavily armored in plate you'd have a much harder battle before you. You'd have to parry the incoming hits with a shield and then search for a moment to aim a vicious and continous attack on the head. The heavy impact on the head would be felt even if the other guy had the hardest of helms. this would make dizzy the enemy and give you the opportunity to make him fall. Once on ground, someone with a plate can very hardly get up without help so you can probably kill him introducing a knife on the small unprotected parts of a plate like betttwen the legs, the armpit or the neck.

Either way, a macer should allways go for a medium to light armour, with a shield being esential, given she needs movility and swiftness to strike when and where she needs. The exception is when she's mounted, since striking from an upper position, with the head of the enemy being fully exposed, gives enough momentum to wreck the brains out of anyone.

Hmm a sniper rifle is a good one, could see her sniping her targets while staying away from danger. Perfect weapon so she can stay away from the danger, she's trained with it btw.

For a more elegant girl i would definitely say katana. Probably one of the most beautiful weapons, and a beautiful girl goes with a beautiful weapon.