What do you think of incest?

Dark Ariel7

I'm assuming since this is in GD that you mean real incest?

And here are my thoughts: I couldn't care less

As long as both parties are consentual what does it matter? It's good for them and I move on with my life without being affected by it whatsoever.

The only valid and solid argument one can make in my opinion is: It's not biologically reliable. This is a fact, it can't be disputed.

However there are all sorts of things that are not biologically reliable such as homosexuality. Thus in my opinion this argument is mostly invalid if you aprove of homosexuality and other things that are not reliable.

In the end it all comes down to morals and I don't care for morals so it's useless for one to preach on this matter for me. 

As long as both people are into it, who am i to judge? Go for it. 

Everyone can move on. They're both happy and life goes on.

I want to add I personally would never be interested in having an incestual relationship with any of my family members. But what other people chose is their choice not mine and that's how it should be.

In fact incest is legal in my country as long as both parties are over 18 and consent to it and I see no problems with it as well.

well since this is VN forum with anime section, I was thinking its more question for 2d...

no point discussing the "real" life, its fake anyways xD 2d for the win!

Well I just assumed since it's in GD it would mean what we think of incest as a thing, something one practices for real. As defined by the dictionary. (Although i found some dictionary definitions that state it as a criminal act which i find rather deplorable)

Well my stand on 2D incest is different so that's why I asked if this was "real" incest. I made a thread about 2D incest at some point. It's probably buried somewhere in VN talk. 

Since 2D would be fake I would totally be in a relationship with a Imouto,don't even need to think twice since they are my favorite archtype. 

But in real life i would never be or even think about being in a relationship with my 3D imouto.

So there's the reason behind the question I made.

I guess I'm a imouto fan, with that goes I find pleasure in incest-scenes in VNs. But I don't think it's the fact that they are blood related that makes it interesting, it just happens I like the imouto characteristics more than some other ones.

For real world I'll just plainly say, no, I don't approve of it. Fiction is fiction and reality is reality. There's no need to discuss moral restrictions on fiction since there has been literature about things most people perceive as ethically bad since the ancient Greeks.

As a side note I don't think you can weight an action as good or bad since that restricts freedom of mind, you just have to choose your moral-policy and stick with its consequences. Enough philosophical side-tracking for me.

I meant both. Real and 2D.

I love 2D incest. Don't know why I just think it make for an interesting plot.

Real life. I would let my kids do it(if and when I have any). There is one golden rule that I believe must be firmly followed. Never have kids. Ever. It is just a fact like Nosebleed mentioned. There is no arguing that is how it is.

I just love the concept of love so to me if people love each other then I believe they should be together forever. I am very anime in that sense.

Oh, I actually forgot one obvious point. 2D non-hentai anime. I mean, in muh H-doujins incest is great, but outside of that...

I've yet to find an anime that offers a convincing, well-written incest romance. Often incest is just "one fetish among others" with the tsundere, the osananajimi and cie thrown in "yet-another-harem". In which case it has high chances of being bad. Meh.

From a biological point of view, not good.

From a moral point of view, not a care. 

From a sexual point of view, exciting. I understand the nips on that one. (Both 2D and 3D).

From the point of view of me and my family, unthinkable and not even remotely exciting.

This covers my thoughts on the subject.

Honestly, I think a lot of people enjoy imoutos (and childhood friends) because you can skip that awkard "knowing each other" phase. We all know that "true" love isn't born out of looks and awkward small talk alone, since that's way too shallow. They think their social skills aren't high enough to go meeting other people, but they want to experience being in a relationship regardless- the solution is obvious. Slap a connection to the past, when the protag in question was more silly and bold and could have performed acts of heroism to save their sister or friend or whatever from bullying, an innocent promise to get married and bam, the magic is done! Instant true love, just add water and heat it for two minutes!

I still see nothing wrong with it, it's just not my kind of thing.

WHO ARE YOU?!?!? Did you seriously change avatar twice today? xD I was reading it as if it was some other guy, then after reading and liking it I wanted to look who it is and its Kaguya!!!

I would ban changing avatar xD

ps: I agree with the post xD

As long as both parties give consent and are old/mature enough to make a rational decision then I don't really care all that much. Even if I did care if both criteria's are met there isn't anything much I can do about it unless they want to legally get married in a country that doesn't allow incest. Now biologically it's not such a great thing to have kids but I remember reading somewhere that first cousins can have kids and it isn't unhealthy (not sure where or when I read or if I even read it to begin with, I might be making a false memory. I do that sometimes).

In 2D you don't really have that problem of biology or maturity issues so it all boils down to personal taste.

Researchers, psicologists and anthropologists have been going at this topic a very long time. Wether it's something moral or not, I can share with you this pieces of trivia for your amusement.

Research conducted at the University of Bern in Switzerland by zoologist Claus Wedekind showed that Major Histocompatibility Complex (HLC) plays an important role determining the response to human pheromones. HLC is one of the "recognition proteins" of the immune system. It is present in most cells and is unique to each individual; however, it is very similar in siblings and is closely related among other biological family members. Dr. Wedekind's experiment involved tee shirts worn by 44 men for two days. The tee shirts were then smelled by 49 women who showed a decided preference for the shirts of men who's HLC was markedly different from their own.

source, also, read this article from the Wiki

This can be further exacerbated by the Westermarck Effect.

is a hypothetical psychological effect through which people who live in close domestic proximity during the first few years of their lives become desensitized to later sexual attraction

Against he first hypothesis, but not denying the Westermarck Effect, there is also what is called Genetic Sexual Attraction:

People tend to select mates that are like themselves; this is known as assortative mating. This holds both for physical appearances and mental traits. People commonly rank faces similar to their own as more attractive, trustworthy, etc. (...) Heredity produces substantial physical and mental similarity between close relatives. Shared interests and personality traits are commonly considered desirable in a mate. (...) For the above reasons, genetic sexual attraction is presumed to occur as a consequence of genetic relatives meeting as adults, typically as a consequence of adoption.

Hope this helps you understand a bit more the incest and the taboo behind it.

As for myself, I'd probably condemn it in real life, mainly for practical purposes (inbreeding).

How old would you say is appropriate for sex with your sibling?

That comes down to morals and what do both people in the relationship think.

In my opinion it depends on both siblings' mental age not the physical age. But just for the sake of it i'd say they should both be adults so they know clearly what they are doing and don't regret it later.

In my country the age of consent is 14. You literally can legally have sex at the age of 14 so if i say "as long as they consent" it would vary greatly from place to place. So yeah they should be mental adults before getting into stuff like that.

Even non incestual relationships. You shouldn't get in a sexual relationship just because you feel like it and an incestual relationship is no different

How old would you say is appropriate for sex with your sibling?

Honestly I can't actually say a real age. The reason I said age/maturity is because some people are able to make better decisions at a younger age and some people can't even make rational decisions later in life. I think 18 years old is reasonable because you have graduated from high school and have some form of education and some out look on life even if it's very little. Age consent is under much controversy and I can see why and I may even change my mind on consent but as someone who has just come out of high school I can say that a good majority of teenagers are not so bright.

The age for making a rational decision isn't for two siblings that are in love with each other but more for two siblings that are lusting after each other. For two unrelated teenagers the lusting after each other isn't as bad (though I still disagree with it, but opinions) because there isn't as much biological and social repercussions. If two siblings were to want to establish a relationship it should be out of love and not lust because there would be many hardships for them along the way such as people who will not support their relationship. If they were at the right maturity to make a rational decision that they do love each other and are not lusting over each others bodies then they can overcome those hardships together.  

Isn't the thread derailing towards consent age and sexual maturity rather than incest? :huh:

Also, stop treating teenagers as some kind of mindless and sexually derailed animals... people go through different stages during their lifes and teenagers do that because they are teenagers. Would you actually call a baby "dumb and retard" for bringing stuff to his/her mouth?

Before judging what others should or shouldn't do please take a look at yourself, because you are probably making yourself to be a fool in others peoples' eyes, specially the elderly. I'm also making myself look like a fool to a lot of people too, so I'm no exception.

Unfortunately, this self-centered attitude is inherent on the human being so at least be conscious about it.

Sorry if I came off as insulting to an entire age group, I shouldn't generalize like that. I also came off as a bit preachy there. I think I should clarify that what I was talking about can apply to pretty much anyone and my main point was that it really shouldn't be out of lust but out of love, not just for incest but for any relationship.

Why cant you have a relationship based on lust? I mean when you get hungry you eat. When you get thirsty you drink. If you have an itch you scratch it. It is a need that must be fulfilled. I agree that relationships with are better but it's not like you can find your soulmate around the corner. In the mean time what are you supposed to do? (Do fapping is one way of dealing with it.)

This thread cannot be derailed because it was only really meant as a conversation starter to begin with. Ideas flow better when they are not boud by the constraints of "theme".